• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#346 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:52

I hope they won't make another Halo movie. :)

What?!?!? I think they did a good job on the mini-series. I like how it tied into the game's story to an extent and also gave us character development on someone who will probably be in Halo 5 as well.

#347 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:57

well, finally got into it, campaign is OK, not bad so far. MP is awesome, much better than Reach or ODST. big maps. and what was this nonsense about Halo becoming COD, I still don't get it?

#348 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:06

I hope they won't make another Halo movie. :)

I thought the Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn movie was awesome. A bit short though, another half hour would have been nice, a bit more action.

#349 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 02 December 2012 - 18:45

well, finally got into it, campaign is OK, not bad so far. MP is awesome, much better than Reach or ODST. big maps. and what was this nonsense about Halo becoming COD, I still don't get it?

I agree that the game plays well. In fact I started sweep sniping the moment I picked up the sniper which is sort of a good thing. But I swapped the controls immediately to boxer. The only thing that truly irks me about mp so far is that none of the things they changed made the game better. I think the kill streak system in Halo 4 is the best way to implement it, but at the same time I really miss weapons being on the map and getting much less chaotic combat as a result. I have hated loadouts since Reach and realized Armor Abilities since they were Equipment. In the end it's not so much the gameplay that bad as the philosophy and concepts of CoD making the game a lot less likeable. I was shocked to know I had to unlock emblems, personally.

I really hate games that force you to invest hours into them after paying full price to have access to all of the content. Emblems have been completely open for 4 titles, 3 titles have given marginal armor variant choices at start. Halo 4 gives you no choices. I half expected the colors to be locked as well.

#350 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:10

Looks like the next Spartan Ops episode has been delayed till mid January, which is good for me since I've been away from home on a trip and haven't played through episodes 3-5, though I watched the movies for them. Also work on Halo 5 has already started, I hope, and this is probably the case, that it'll be for the next Xbox and not for the 360 again. Also hope this allows them to make SP longer as well.

#351 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:27

Big ending boss battles in games are overrated.

I agree, but quick-time events are rather annoying.
Spoiler

As far as the changes go, I'm glad they're finally advancing the franchise. I like almost all the changes -- especially the button mapping.

#352 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:54

Spoiler

As far as the changes go, I'm glad they're finally advancing the franchise. I like almost all the changes -- especially the button mapping.

I agree, I went into it expecting more of a final fight but oh well. I think with all of the work they did they just had to keep it on the simple side for SP. If Halo 5 is for the next Xbox then you can be pretty sure they'll put more into it on the SP side while I bet MP gets a round of smaller tweaks etc.

#353 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 09 December 2012 - 13:29

Except that they moved crouch from the Joystick to B (Call of Duty) and put sprint on the joystick (Call of Duty) as well as moved grenade switching in Halo to the same place as weapon switching in CoD.

That was because they added sprint as a distinct ability outside of armour abilities, it wouldn't feel right if they put that on the d-pad or so.

#354 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:01

That was because they added sprint as a distinct ability outside of armour abilities, it wouldn't feel right if they put that on the d-pad or so.

Tbh, it doesn't feel right period. I don't really even use it.

#355 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 December 2012 - 14:52

Hahaha this Infinity Challenge is GREAT! 16-0 on Adrift. :p , stay to the outside all day.

#356 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 18 December 2012 - 17:35

I finished Campaign last Sunday and I can't feel anything but disappointed
- story is ok but execution is ****ed up.
- Background score is kind of bad/ok.
- I only played it on Normal so enemies were not much of challenge (planning to do a Legendary).
+ new weapons are nice and cool
- WTF did they do to weapon and vehicle sounds?
+ graphics are best of the series IMO (although prime example of graphics don't equate to better game)
- I kind of hate the Harry Potter + MW2 ending
-
Spoiler

- MP is straight off hybrid between CoD and Halo. I don't know how you can say otherwise
+ MP is better than SP and still has a Halo feeling to it.
- Hate kill cam and Victory/Defeat announcements. Plain stupid.
- Hate MP lobby and overall UI which is a weird stepchild of Metro.
- Hate the progression system limiting simple things such as emblems
- Hate the CoD style reach SRxx to unlock stuff which is pretty much everywhere. Halo 5 might even require SR5 to activate left trigger on the controller!! :crazy:
- Hate the wailing on main menu :p
- I haven't pressed so many buttons in a single game, I think Master Chief probably pressed more buttons in Halo 4 than all previous games combined.
- Stupid achievements : upload file, save file etc.
+ The only saving grace so far IMHO is Spartan Ops. The story is ok and maps are recycled but it is still better than either SP or MP (probably because I only did co-op).

Overall: I will play it but disappointed.

Tbh, it doesn't feel right period. I don't really even use it.

I only use it when I see someone else doing it :p

#357 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:58

Emnity, I personally don't see any similarity to COD, and I love loadouts. The gamplay is cool, enough to convince me to buy my first ever piece of Halo DLC, the Crimson Pack.

Bajirav, the campaign is ok, can't see it's amazing, but not as bad as you make it. I agree the soundtrack is underwhelming, that's what happens when you let the person who defined the sound of the series go.

#358 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:17

Spoiler

It is the 1st of 3 games and of course he wasn't going to be gone in the first one. I am happy I didn't have to slug it out for someone I doubt was going to die for good.

#359 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:09

OK, this is easily the biggest issue I have with the multiplayer: specializations. The fact that it takes so long to get them (level 50) means if you haven't reached them yet, you're going to get dominated most games. The advantages are pretty substantial for most of the specialization options. It just feels like the one area 343 clearly dropped the ball in terms of balance and customization.

#360 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:37

I'm still nowhere near unlocking them, I'm only SR17 (And that's with an extra 26,000XP or so from ARG codes). I found it pretty funny that it made a big deal about getting early access to them with the LE, I prefer the case/extra contents/map packs myself.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!