Adobe launches Gaming Portal - developers rejoice

iSws

Goodbye, fragmentation.

Hello, world.

Inconsistent browsers and fragmented mobile platforms? Not your problem.

Adobe? Flash? Player lets you effortlessly reach over 1.3 billion people across browsers and OS versions with no install ? 11 times more people than the best-selling hardware game console. Use Adobe? AIR? to package the same code into native apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, and Nook Tablet, reaching the mobile app stores for over 500 million devices.

http://gaming.adobe.com/

nough said, me as a flex developer just comes to confirm what's going on with the summit and max 2011 event, not going to start a flamewar or be unapropriate, but i've got to take this out of my chest....thanks adobe, for years you focused on the premise that flash/flex is not about games, but to develop Rich Internet Applications, and now this...this just keeps going better and better......

I thought they were winding down Flash on mobiles, tablets and TVs, why are they still pushing it? I get that it could remain relevant on the desktop for a while but not indefinatly.

I thought they were winding down Flash on mobiles, tablets and TVs, why are they still pushing it? I get that it could remain relevant on the desktop for a while but not indefinatly.

Who said that? They have stopped pushing Flash Player on mobile because the web runs like crap anyways on mobile and very few sites really optimize sites to be engaging experiences on mobile. Best case scenario is simple JQuery mobile site with no animations or anything. So, it made sense to stop improving Flash on mobile because rich interactivity will never happen on mobile browsers.

Adobe AIR and Flash on desktops have never stopped and actually have amazing roadmaps going forward. AIR for mobile, tablets, TVs and Flash for desktops. And they now with AIR 3.2 and Flash Player 11.2 have full Stage3D support across the board providing full 3D hardware acceleration and pretty much amazing performance that allow developers to deploy engaging apps and games for both desktop and mobile across all platforms with single code.

On the other hand they are trying to make better animations and interactivity tools for HTML5.

It was never this or that scenario.

[troll]

No we need to go WebGL because it is better! Die Adobe Die! Die Adobe Die!

[\troll]