1 year since having any pop! not even a sip!

Congrats, that's awesome. I can't really say what my longest is without any soda, because I've never had an issue with it, so therefore I've never really had to regulate it. I grew up being allowed to have one soda a day, and no more. That stuck with me as an adult and if I ever do have a soda, it's the only I have that day, though I frequently go without. I'm not a huge soda person, but sometimes the sugar and caffeine help give a little boost when needed.

Yeah, see I think this is how it should be. Like ice cream or any other thing laden with sugar/fake sweeteners, it should just be an occasional treat. As I mentioned before, I don't like them anymore, but when I originally stopped drinking them I was thinking that once the "habit" was stopped, that's how I'd treat them, just have one now and then. But yeah, now I don't want any at all--with the exception of this nice all-natural ginger ale I found. It's got the real spicy ginger in it and sweetened with honey, it's nice and none of the chemical taste.

this is an "occasional" treat becomes a "more occasional" treat so it's hard to "in moderation" it.

The trick to getting off sweets is not willpower. Our bodies are wired to love sweets and fatty things; we are naturally addicted to them. The secret to lowering your consumption of grease and simple sugar is training yourself to like other, "bland tasting" things. Once you begin appreciating the taste of less sugary foods like whole wheat cereals with no added sugar, or wheat bread, you feel less dependence on sugars to sate your hunger for energy.

Once you start consuming fewer sugars, things begin to taste sweeter to you. That yogurt you thought was bland? Way too sweet to eat in excess. Ice cream? One scoop is enough.

Soda has no nutritional value whatsoever, and the high fructose corn syrup in it is worse for your liver than ethanol. I brew rootbeer once or twice a year, but that's basically my whole consumption of it.

its impossible to lose weight if you regularly drink soda and want to lose weight.

it really isnt that hard to give up, and when you do drink it, just ask yourself if its really worth the calories.

Diet is 0 calories, actually 0 everything in most, maybe some slight sodium...

I had stomach problems as well, and have quit drinking soda's. I am only drinking Orange Juice in the morning, water during the day.. Although I can NOT stand the taste of plain water so I use Propel Zero flavor packs.. They have Vitamins and such in them.. and then I drink sweet tea once I get home.

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/ FTW....

• 3 weeks later...

Dude that's seriously impressive. I went a month doing the same thing but ended up having a Coke. I can imagine you're much healthier because of it! Again, well done :)

• 9 months later...

Pop free streak broken.,

Desperate times called for desperate measures.....

I got a nasty cold and have congestion that I really wish Inrix Traffic app would have told me about.

I had to have something to help.

I cracked open a sierra mist and had a sip out of a x-mas wine glass.

MERRY BUTTMAS EVERYONE.

My doc told me to go off pop 1 year ago today!!! My kidney's are much better and I don't have as many tummy problems!

I have not had any pop (not even a sip) since 1 year ago today!!!

what an accomplishment in this day and age!!!!

I shall celebrate by going to the chinese buffet place today!

Good job...

Well tommrow is my last day for me... See how long I can go...

Congrats!! I no longer drink the stuff unless I am drinking it with alcohol.. Need to find something better to drink than Jack and Coke, Crown and Coke.. Captain and Coke.. I do drink Vodka and Water sometimes which is also nice lol

Pop free streak broken.,

Desperate times called for desperate measures.....

I got a nasty cold and have congestion that I really wish Inrix Traffic app would have told me about.

I had to have something to help.

I cracked open a sierra mist and had a sip out of a x-mas wine glass.

MERRY BUTTMAS EVERYONE.

Not to be judgmental, but how does having the flu warrant drinking pop?

I generally drink 1 Coca-Cola a day. The rest of the time I drink Tea or Ice water. I Love the taste of Coca-Cola however, with all the chemicals and whatnot I just cannot see how it can be good for you.

its impossible to lose weight if you regularly drink soda and want to lose weight.

it really isnt that hard to give up, and when you do drink it, just ask yourself if its really worth the calories.

I don't think you talk about soda. Soda got zero calories.

It's just carbonated water :huh:

the pop is helping coat my throat since I gotta breathe in and out of my mouth and it dries it out. this make it feel better.

Congrats on going a full year without pop. However, when I 1st saw the post I thought it said poop...and I was thinking something way different.

You're thinking of seltzer or 'soda water'. Soda is any carbonated flavored soft drink.

And they really do stop you from losing weight, it's essentially liquid candy.

Soda Water yes ... but Soda can mean anything carbonated that doesn't contain alchohol.

My other half is a nutritionist and I have had the lecture on the evils of sugar ... many times :)

616BubbaKeg70ozBLACK.JPG

I got my self one of these to help me cut down and it had helped a lot it's good in Winter just fill it up with water add something for flavour and in summer just pack it with ice and fill the rest with water and maybe something to flavour it.

I quit drinking dark pop and most fast food (I eat subway, and Harveys, but no McDonalds, Wendeys, BK, A&W, etc), a year and a half ago. I still drink Gingerale but recently started going to the health food store to buy Kombacha, and noticed they had some Sodium Free all natural pop so I have been getting that instead of the standard Ginger ale Brand.

Im a huge coca cola addict - I have at least one a day, usually when I get into work. I would really like to eliminate Coke and beer from my daily routine, just have them occasionally but I don't ever seem to manage it.

I never was a big pop fan. I drink coffee.

And it's called pop where I live too. Never heard of any other name for it other than pop. (soda pop)

I'm not positive, but I'm sure "cola" is just one type of pop, as in "Coca Cola", therefor isn't a different name for what we call pop.

7-Up, Rootbeer, Sprite, Orange Pop, are pop, not cola. Cola is cola. But I could be wrong.

I guess the real term would probably be carbonated beverage.

My other half is a nutritionist and I have had the lecture on the evils of sugar ... many times :)

Quackery, Ask her what she thinks about apple's and other fruits.

Fructose Sucrose SSDN