1 year since having any pop! not even a sip!

My doc told me to go off pop 1 year ago today!!! My kidney's are much better and I don't have as many tummy problems!

I have not had any pop (not even a sip) since 1 year ago today!!!

what an accomplishment in this day and age!!!!

I shall celebrate by going to the chinese buffet place today!

soda,cola,or whatever your region calls it....

they call it pop where I live....

• Like 1

thank you!!! what's the longest for you???

I think it was about 2 months if I'm honest, but my Performance and 'Outside of box thinking' just goes down the toilet if I'm not hyped up on Coke (the drink kind obviously). So much so that my ex-manager actually bought me a can one afternoon! lol.

• Like 2

gratz to you. i have a horrible diet pepsi addiction that i would love to quit... tried a couple times... 1 st time for 3 months and 2nd time for 1 month... 4 litres a day since 18 and now 37... gotta quit but its my only vice. No coffee, no alcohol, no smokes, no drugs. you gotta have something right?

• Like 2

ha ha well I got a new fix though.. coffee... and chocolate.... but I'm cutting back on both...

I have from time to time felt in a bad way and stop drinking colas for 2-3 weeks and drink nothing but water and I come back feeling better each time.

But I get a taste for the colas again. Right now I drink 2 two liters per week and know that is too much. I do also drink bottle water.

Remember the old joke:

I don't drink anything stronger than pop.

And pop would drink anything.(;

its impossible to lose weight if you regularly drink soda and want to lose weight.

it really isnt that hard to give up, and when you do drink it, just ask yourself if its really worth the calories.

When I was around 11-12 I started drinking Coke, then at around 17-18 I switched to Diet Pepsi and I'm 27 now. During that time I stopped for over a year and drank mostly Perier sparkling water (I need a drink with bubbles), after over a year I felt I gave it up for no good reasons and just started drinking diet Pepsi again.

My wife wants me to stop again but I doubt I will, I don't really see a good reason and when I stop I don't have anything else I really like to drink and I always get dehydrated

thank you!!! what's the longest for you???

5 years and counting. Best decission, trust me.

• Like 2

what was the stomach problem you had caused by soda? ( if you don't mind sharing )

Kept puking all the time and havin other probls..

5 years and counting. Best decission, trust me.

Wow great job!!!!! Yeah its been great..

Big ups to you. I'm trying that experiment this year. My last soda was on New Years Eve and still going strong.

I haven't had a full can of Coke or Pepsi in so many years. I honestly can't finish one without feeling sick half way through.

Good for you though :)

I need to quit. I drink about 2L a day. Some days less. It's most likely one of the leading causes to my 80 pound weight gain over the last 3 years. It just tastes so good. I should buy a juicer and just make my own, I know it'll make me feel better.

I think I need to stop drinking pop for a while. My kidneys are in pain off and on during the day.

Congrats. It must have been hard to give it up for that long. I don't drink pop regularly but when I do, I stick to root beer or lemon-lime flavoured pop.

I won't even try to lose my pop addiction! :p

Stand by your weaknesses, fall by your weaknesses! :laugh:

Then again, I think I enjoy drinking it so much, that forcefully quitting pop wouldn't really benefit me that much. Would I live longer?

Maybe, maybe not.

Would I function better? idk... Pop has no effect on me. When I don't drink pop there is no difference. No "tiredness" or anything... No "feeling better"... (cause none is available for days or sometimes (when times are rough: a week or so))

Honestly, give me 2 liters of coke and I'm going to have a wonderful sleep on top of that.

Caffeine has no effect on me whatsoever! :D

Anyhow:

You go girl, congrats to you, seeing you need to do it to sustain your health I say "hats off!" (Y)

Glassed Silver:mac

I personally cut back long ago, used to drink 3-5 cans of soda a day, then for no real reason (it never gave me any health issues or anything) I started drinking a LOT more water (would drink 0-1 bottles of water a day), up to 3-5 bottles of water a day now (0.5 L bottles) and down to around 1-2 cans of soda on an average day, sometimes less sometimes more (usually more when I go out to restaurants).

Great that you got rid of your health issues by kicking out soda, but until it causes me health issues I doubt I will ever stop drinking it personally, I'm glad I did cut back though, I don't really miss the amount I've cut out at all and I know it's not healthy.

My wife wants me to stop again but I doubt I will, I don't really see a good reason and when I stop I don't have anything else I really like to drink and I always get dehydrated

Just drink lots of water if your dehydrated, it's many many times better than a cola or what ever.

I find it pretty fascinating & some what odd that people can't stop drinking soft drinks. I guess I know alot of people who might be like that, just never really thought about it.