Photo

1 year since having any pop! not even a sip!

addictions

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#16 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 20,981 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 (very cheap second hand)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:20

thank you!!! what's the longest for you???

5 years and counting. Best decission, trust me.

#17 OP remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:24

what was the stomach problem you had caused by soda? ( if you don't mind sharing )

Kept puking all the time and havin other probls..

5 years and counting. Best decission, trust me.

Wow great job!!!!! Yeah its been great..

#18 D!ABOL!C

D!ABOL!C

Neowinian Senior

• 1,972 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (M8) Android 4.4.2

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:37

Big ups to you. I'm trying that experiment this year. My last soda was on New Years Eve and still going strong.

#19 vetAndrew Lyle

Andrew Lyle

Don't Panic!

• 31,911 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:38

I haven't had a full can of Coke or Pepsi in so many years. I honestly can't finish one without feeling sick half way through.

Good for you though :)

#20 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

• 3,159 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:42

I need to quit. I drink about 2L a day. Some days less. It's most likely one of the leading causes to my 80 pound weight gain over the last 3 years. It just tastes so good. I should buy a juicer and just make my own, I know it'll make me feel better.

I think I need to stop drinking pop for a while. My kidneys are in pain off and on during the day.

#21 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,349 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:52

Congrats. It must have been hard to give it up for that long. I don't drink pop regularly but when I do, I stick to root beer or lemon-lime flavoured pop.

#22 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:56

I won't even try to lose my pop addiction! :p

Stand by your weaknesses, fall by your weaknesses! :laugh:

Then again, I think I enjoy drinking it so much, that forcefully quitting pop wouldn't really benefit me that much. Would I live longer?
Maybe, maybe not.
Would I function better? idk... Pop has no effect on me. When I don't drink pop there is no difference. No "tiredness" or anything... No "feeling better"... (cause none is available for days or sometimes (when times are rough: a week or so))
Honestly, give me 2 liters of coke and I'm going to have a wonderful sleep on top of that.
Caffeine has no effect on me whatsoever! :D

Anyhow:
You go girl, congrats to you, seeing you need to do it to sustain your health I say "hats off!" (Y)

Glassed Silver:mac

#23 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,157 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:58

I personally cut back long ago, used to drink 3-5 cans of soda a day, then for no real reason (it never gave me any health issues or anything) I started drinking a LOT more water (would drink 0-1 bottles of water a day), up to 3-5 bottles of water a day now (0.5 L bottles) and down to around 1-2 cans of soda on an average day, sometimes less sometimes more (usually more when I go out to restaurants).

Great that you got rid of your health issues by kicking out soda, but until it causes me health issues I doubt I will ever stop drinking it personally, I'm glad I did cut back though, I don't really miss the amount I've cut out at all and I know it's not healthy.

#24 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,639 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:59

My wife wants me to stop again but I doubt I will, I don't really see a good reason and when I stop I don't have anything else I really like to drink and I always get dehydrated

Just drink lots of water if your dehydrated, it's many many times better than a cola or what ever.

I find it pretty fascinating & some what odd that people can't stop drinking soft drinks. I guess I know alot of people who might be like that, just never really thought about it.

#25 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,990 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:05

thank you!!! what's the longest for you???

1 day

#26 Vice

Vice

Bye!

• 15,877 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:11

Don't stop drinking pop! - I got shares in Coca Cola, keep drinking you swines! :rofl:

#27 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

• 22,404 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:15

Just drink lots of water if your dehydrated, it's many many times better than a cola or what ever.

I find it pretty fascinating & some what odd that people can't stop drinking soft drinks. I guess I know alot of people who might be like that, just never really thought about it.

When I stopped did try regular water but I find it doesn't really quench my thirst (I can go through 3-4L easily and still feel thirsty). Plus the water in my building at work is nasty so i would have to bring bottles. Maybe when we move to our new building next year I'll try water again

#28 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

• 2,727 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:18

I drink water, green tea, and coffee. That's it.

#29 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:23

When I stopped did try regular water but I find it doesn't really quench my thirst (I can go through 3-4L easily and still feel thirsty). Plus the water in my building at work is nasty so i would have to bring bottles. Maybe when we move to our new building next year I'll try water again

Water is a effed up topic in North America... :p

Glassed Silver:mac

#30 ShareShiz

ShareShiz

Neowinian

• 969 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:25

good for you.

when i was a kid i use to drink 6-12 cans a day of soda. for Y2K (year 2000) i decided my new years resolution would be to not drink soda for a whole year. well i did it. and i was actually very proud so for 2001 i did the same thing. and every year since :p

only times i DO have some soda is when its a mixed drink.. like jack and coke :)

but mainly just water, juices, milk or beer is what i drink.

... ohh and havent been to the dentist in ~ 5 years