Planetside 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is some footage of the Beta from the Creative Director, Matt Higby.

Can't wait to get my invite over the next few weeks!

• 3 weeks later...

The NDA has been lifted today. Been playing since last week and it's awesome so far, except for the FPS issues. The beta is just getting started so there is still a ton of optimization to be done now that a lot of players are participating.

I'm playing on USA West 03 server as Mattisyahu, if anyone else is playing. Had a good run the other night. Joined up with about 10 other players and we flew a Galaxy around, capping locations. Very effective when done right but it didn't feel OP at all. In fact, we got blown out of the air about 35 minutes later and crashed into an enemy point and were quickly eliminated.

I'm playing as Light Infantry and am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the whole thing. The map is massive and sometimes it takes forever to get to some action; then you get killed and have to start all over. The Rambo strategy definitely is tought to pull off. A lot of times I've found just doing recon and trying to eliminate the enemy little by little has the most success.

And hopefully they can get some more updates out: sometimes the game looks fantastic, other times it looks about average. Wonder how long the beta is going to last?

I played on US East 01 last night, name is Twitches. Probably for about 4 hours solid, there was a 3 way battle at the most insignificant outpost (snake wind pass or something) and there was easily about 40 players from each faction in this tiny base. MAX with 2 x anti-infantry made for huge kill streaks. Oh, then we proceeded to Liberate the **** out of the vanu.

I'm Dreamspell on East 01, Wavespell on East 03, and DreamspellVS on West 01. I normally hang around The Crown and the surrounding areas, except Zurvan because my laptop can't handle it, lol.

Already have access to the beta. Who wants my beta key from prime?

Thank you very much for the code! Currently installing/downloading now! :D

Sending you lots of love through the internet :p

Man, I hope SOE makes some progress on the client. It just does not feel in any way close to being polished...I can't believe they still haven't fixed the MAX animation!

Just a heads up they have an 'Alpha Pack' now for $40 which gets you beta access, $40 Station Cash, 10% XP boost, unlocked weapons, etc. Not sure how I feel about buying the pack at this point.

Joined up with an online clan for PS2. They play on EU servers but thus far haven't had any issues with lag - we'll see what happens. Had a pretty good run tonight, playing as NC we are getting 0wned as of now. Almost all our sites are gone, the map is getting pretty small. Was able to recap a few locations and joined up with a mate in a tank and we had a good run (downed a couple transports and almost had a Galaxy), but by then their reinforcements arrived.

Feel like I'm getting the hang of the game a bit. It feels a bit like Battlefield conquest, which I love.

• 4 weeks later...

dammit, i keep missing these giveaways. :(

Joint the crowd. :/

I can hook you guys up with some keys if you still want them. :)

Thanx Anaron. But, I think I will sit this one out. I got to watch my nephew playing it and I think I will wait.

Started playing this now, seeing as I got bored of BF3. And it's a proper laugh with friends on TS.

It can be a bit daunting at first, there is no tutorial or anything like that. It just throws you in at the deep-end. Luckily, a couple of friends guided me through it. And I'm now getting used to all of it. Mainly playing TR at the moment, but I'll think I'll start multiple characters once it goes final.

Only played a few of the classes - Medic, Light, Heavy and Engineer. Thankfully a lot of the tactics I learnt in other FPSes are easily transferred so I have no problems with infantry encounters (easy to a kill streak if you flank the enemy). I find the lack of grenades a bit weird, I don't like the idea of buying them each time (or whatever you call it).

I do like the idea of limited ammo in vehicles, as it adds a new spin on that element. Loving the Sunny and the Prowler. Certed my Sunny to be able to deploy and become a spawn point for my squad is really handy. The Prowler is awesome, I can see me spending more time in that. TKs come way too easy in vehicles though. They need to do something about that.

The whole squad/platoon thing is awesome. We have like 4 squads in a platoon, and we had these massive ships that would ferry us from one place to the next. It's a frigging sight to see 30+ people unload out a ship and storm your base.

30 mins can easily turn into hours with this game, this is a good thing IMO, well mostly a good thing! :D

• 2 weeks later...