iOS 5.1 feels much "snappier"

While it IS snappier, the quick battery drain is not funny.

I am of the belief that the battery meter isn't calibrated properly. As of right now, my phone registered 8 hours 27 minutes of use, and 1 day 2 hours of standby. (Subtract maybe half an hour from both figures, as I did plug in my phone to my computer.) It's currently at 1%, but has remained there for much longer than any other percentage tick. Similar observation for the 100% tick.

However, according to your signature you have a 3GS, so perhaps it's a bit different for older batteries.

I noticed a small, but weird bug the other day. I was on the train, and lost connection to my carrier. I had to reboot my iPhone for it to pick up the connection again, even though I was in an area I know is covered. Anybody else experienced this?

Loads of times since the original 1st iPhone. It has happened in all iOS versions and in different countries for me. When a bug bugs so much, it becomes a feature.

Nothing is snappier and battery life still stinks. The new camera app is really nice though. I'm not sure what the 4G on the top bar means now though. AFAIK the phone is capable of 3G unless they built it with 4G LTE support and only just now unlocked it. Seems odd.

https://www.neowin.net/news/iphone-4s---now-with-bogus-4g

Didn't see that it seems? :D

Parent's iPads while locked and i guess in sleep mode (but turned on) over night never lost any power like 5.0.1 now with 5.1 battery is much improved. Usually would loose between 4-7% at night time, didn't loose any power locked it at 93% in morning 93% still :D. I know 4-7% may not be much, but every bit helps.

Battery life has been improved greatly with this update. The phone is a bit snappier at some things, yes. It just feels solid.

I gave my 4S it's first big battery stress test this weekend. Was out on the town in Chicago, constantly on the phone looking for directions to pubs and other things to do.

My buddies with their Android phones were hurting on battery by dinner time and my 4S was at 75%. I'd have to say, not bad!

How is the overall performance of iOS 5.1 on 3GS ??

Still pretty bad, like iOS 5.0. Some things are slightly snappier, but the battery is draining like twice as quick. However, I do believe that my iPhone now rings when I receive a phone call on the 3G network. I was stuck on 2G for a long time because of this problem.

I can?t wait to get my hands on the next iPhone. *sigh*

doesn't the "snappier" thing get said about every new version of iOS an OS?

Still pretty bad, like iOS 5.0. Some things are slightly snappier, but the battery is draining like twice as quick. However, I do believe that my iPhone now rings when I receive a phone call on the 3G network. I was stuck on 2G for a long time because of this problem.

I can?t wait to get my hands on the next iPhone. *sigh*

That means it's better to stay on iOS 4.x.x for 3GS users...

I believe it is snappier on my 3GS.

Can?t say much about the battery though. It seems to drain quickly. More info coming ?

Snappier on my 3GS-16 too, but if Safari crashes one-more-time (a longstanding issue) :angry:

Battery life minimally worse.

That means it's better to stay on iOS 4.x.x for 3GS users...

Yes, totally. Unless you really like the Notifications Center - which I do appreciate to have.

I guess I?m not lucky with the battery though. Even if I put it on 2G, it drains pretty fast. Luckily, I don?t have a job right now because I need to charge it twice a day.

Yes, totally. Unless you really like the Notifications Center - which I do appreciate to have.

I guess I?m not lucky with the battery though. Even if I put it on 2G, it drains pretty fast. Luckily, I don?t have a job right now because I need to charge it twice a day.

Thanks...Other than battery, Did you found any other performance related problems ? Does it makes 3GS slow ??

Thanks...Other than battery, Did you found any other performance related problems ? Does it makes 3GS slow ??

As I said. As opposed to 5.0, it?s snappier (just a little bit). As opposed to 4.X, it?s way slower.

If you like features from 5.0, then upgrade. If you want to upgrade just for the sake of having the latest OS, don?t.

Is anyone else having a overheating issue ?

On which device ? I can confirm this on my 3GS.

Just texting on the Messenger app from Facebook killed 25% of my battery in 20 minutes yesterday, and my 3GS was hot.