Windows 8 CP -- ATI Radeon X1300 drivers - anyone know which to use?

I cannot get any ATI Radeon X1300 drivers / Catalyst Control Centre versions to work with Windows 8 CP x64...any help you guys can offer to get it sorted? I'm using a Dell Dimension 9200 from 2007.

Thanks in advance :-)

Hello:

I have a computer with a radeon X1300 and since Windows 7 i used the 10.2 Catalyst legacy drivers for Windows Vista. They aren?t great but worked for Windows 8 also. When you execute the package they expand in the c: root ati\support\10-02_Legacy_vista?. They may not run because of the Windows version but you can go to the Device Manager and update the driver from there (browse).

I hope this helps..

I'm using Windows 8 CP on a Dell Inspiron 6400 with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300. I installed ATI Catalyst 7.5 after modding the drivers with Mobility Modder.

ATI Catalyst 7.5 for Windows Vista 32-bit

ATI Catalyst 7.5 for Windows Vista 64-bit

I hope this works for you.

Edit: Looks like I'm wrong. For the mobility version I couldn't get any version higher than 7.5 to work.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Gents - I feel proud to know I can ask Neowin members for help and assistance is offered really quickly :D

Thanks again :woot:

• 1 month later...

@lcg

I'm in the same situation. Same PC : Dell Inspiron 6400 with ATI Radeon X1300 Mobility and Windows 8 CP can't detect this video card.

Could find a solution or a work around ? Thanks

• 4 months later...

I?m having the same situation with ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 in Windows 8 X64 .... Did yoy solve this problem in Windows 8 X64??? or only in 32 Bits?

best Regards!

Carlos.

Yes, I solved this problem the other day with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 and Windows 8 x64.

Here is how to do it:

1. Download ATI Catalyst 9.3 and extract the installation files.

2. Modify the drivers using Mobility Modder (the tool doesn't seem to work on Windows 8, but it works on Windows 7).

3. Disable driver signature enforcement and install the driver '9_3_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu\Driver\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH6A_INF\CH_76829.inf' in Device Manager, i.e. Update Driver Software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a group of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk.

• 3 months later...

Happy to report my experience based on your suggestions:

System: Win 8 32-bit, Inspiron E1505, with Radeon Mobility X1300

At first, I could not run Mobility Modder on Win8, so moved over to a Win7 machine. Modded the Catalyst 7.5 Drivers from the package "7-5_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_46757". After that just went to Device Manager, Display Adaptor -> Upgrade Drivers -> Browse -> Let Me Pick -> Have Disk and selected the .INF file. It instantly recognized Mobility x1300 and ONLY this driver (not an entire list of irrelevant drivers). Installation required disabling UAC and allowing unsigned drivers.

Bumped me up to 1680 x 1050 Resolution. Whew, looks much better. Thanks for all the tips!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hart Nadav Feuer,

I also have a ATI Radeon X1300pro (silent)

Could you are anyone else place a link with the modded Catalyst 7.5 drivers from the package? I don't have a win7 machine, just win8. Also, I'm not a pro, like you guys.

I bought a new dvb-t card, because I thougt my old one was broken...But now I realise....It's due to win8

Many thanks for your work. Very much appreciated!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I solved this problem the other day with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 and Windows 8 x64.

Here is how to do it:

1. Download ATI Catalyst 9.3 and extract the installation files.

2. Modify the drivers using Mobility Modder (the tool doesn't seem to work on Windows 8, but it works on Windows 7).

3. Disable driver signature enforcement and install the driver '9_3_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu\Driver\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH6A_INF\CH_76829.inf' in Device Manager, i.e. Update Driver Software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a group of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk.

I try the step belong you,but the final step cause a wrong dialog that said "there's a wrong hash in drive file,this is the wrong drive file has modified "

how to solve.thks.

• 5 months later...

I cannot get any ATI Radeon X1300 drivers / Catalyst Control Centre versions to work with Windows 8 CP x64...any help you guys can offer to get it sorted? I'm using a Dell Dimension 9200 from 2007.

Thanks in advance :-)

I solve this driver problem after 3h. Here is the solution for instaling Ati Radeon x1300 driver for Windows 8 32:

1. Download catalyst_8-31-100_vista32_rtm

2. Set for downloaded file(catalyst_8-31-100_vista32_rtm) the compatibility mode for Vista(simple, not Service pack 1 or 2)

3. Instal and enjoy!