Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

15 posts in this topic

Posted

JACKSON

Posted

I call BS, Pepper Spray isn't a weapon, it's a tool of self-defense that is VERY non lethal

Posted

How else does one defuse a situation like this then. The school probably tells their students to talk it out - doesn't work like that though.

Posted

I call BS, Pepper Spray isn't a weapon, it's a tool of self-defense that is VERY non lethal

Nonsense. It's a weapon.

Posted

Pepper spray is a self defense tool, not lethal, and it was actually used... gasp.... in self defense. This kid should get a good lawyer, cause I smell a possible case.

1 person likes this

Posted

The case is from Michigan, and this school has no legal legs to stand on.

While Section 1311 of Michigan law does say a school is a weapons free zone and you can be expelled for possessing a "dangerous weapon," Section 1313 of Michigan law clearly defines a "dangerous weapon" as

(4) As used in this section,

Posted

The case is from Michigan, and this school has no legal legs to stand on.

While Section 1311 of Michigan law does say a school is a weapons free zone and you can be expelled for possessing a "dangerous weapon," Section 1313 of Michigan law law clearly defines a "dangerous weapon" as

I don't see pepper spray anywhere in the list, so the school is screwed, glued and tattooed as soon as she gets a lawyer.

Exactly. And to deny citizens themselves the ability to defend themselves is so stupid.. I don't want to even get started on that road.

This would be a whole different story if she was just walking around spraying people at random. But she used it for its intended purpose.

Posted

Holy crap, when I was a kid I either fought back or took a beating, what kid carries a pepper spray around school??????

Posted

These days - a smart one. Ever see the rape & felonious assault statistics? Things are a whole lot different than when we were kids.

Posted

Rape at school?

Posted

Rape at school?

You better believe it. :(

There was an incident when I was in high school when a quite-possibly sociopathic "acquaintance" of mine was "suspected" of attempting to sexually assault another female friend of mine. He may have not succeeded (thank the heavens he didn't), but all of the people who interacted with him on a regular basis knew he was not wrongly implicated (he was that kind of ******).

Needless to say, that guy was quickly booted from our school, and was promptly placed in juvenile detention/group home(s).

Posted

Rape at school?

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report 8% of reported forcible rapes occured on school property. How many more were not reported is unknown, but some estimates say 50% of rapes go unreported.

Sad, but true.

Posted

Were they supposed to talk it out?

Doesn't work that way.

Tattle on them?

Nope, they'd get their ass kicked again.

Fight back?

Nope, they'd just get expelled anyway.

I say take it to court and fight it with everything you have. Sickening how they try to walk all over you

for defending yourself. In my opinion, you start a fight, you forfeit your rights. Don't like it? Don't throw

the punch.

Posted

I see alot of stories but none of them with an ending.. I would like to hear the ending development of these cases