New & Updated apps in Store

Based on the Kindle thread and the Hidden apps thread, I figure we could chime in here when a new app appears in the Store. Listing your region or country as well as total number of apps appearing for you, might also be helpful. I guess we can also include updated apps here as well.

I'm, in the US and right now I'm showing 95 total apps. These do include country specific apps like QQ and Renren.

Ultraviolet Dawn

A space shooter with missions, ship customizations, and lots of other stuff. It has very nice 2d graphics and plays using touch or keyboard/mouse.

Edit: Changed topic to reflect listing updated apps

I don't see Ultraviolet Dawn in my list and in US. Nice idea for a thread though. I just wish there was a way to get rid of the non-english apps. I tried the setting that says it will weed out ones not matching my language, but I still see them.

UD was fun for a bit on iOS, haven't seen it in the store yet though. MS probably has messed up regional stuff again. I remember only being able to get duckduckgo as a search engine by looking on the US IE site.

I too wish I could hide the apps not in my language. I also wish the new released pane would sort by release date and show the date in the list.

Got that Ultraviolet Dawn yesterday, not tried it yet though. News 360 is quite a good app though, albeit a little slow to load news pages.

Pinball FX2 got an update. Not sure what was updated as I haven't played it yet.

I could never play it because my Macbook only has one ctrl key and it doesn't let you customise the controls. Maybe they added that option? I'll have to check when I'm back on it.

• Like 1

Vodafone Mobile Broadband

I'm also now showing 97 apps so there's another. Not sure what it is I think it may be Photo Vault. Can anybody confirm this?

The occasional search for *.* will bring up new apps.

Wish you could properly search the app store, or at least get lists like how the xbox live Arcade is set up.

you can search for apps inside app store

open your windows 8 app store - click on charm bar - click search and write name of the app you want - click enter display app location inside app store

you can even see the app in search bar under Recommendation :)

Vodafone Mobile Broadband

I'm also now showing 97 apps so there's another. Not sure what it is I think it may be Photo Vault. Can anybody confirm this?

The occasional search for *.* will bring up new apps.

nope Photo Vault old

i have 96 there is a new app but i don't know which one

new releases display 63 apps they should sort it by newer :pinch:

The People, Mail, Messaging and Calendar apps were updated.

I can see slight changes in the mail icons. For example, the delete button didn't have a circle around it before. I think. But, I can't tell any differences on their faces.

I can see slight changes in the mail icons. For example, the delete button didn't have a circle around it before. I think. But, I can't tell any differences on their faces.

Is it possible to use them with IMAP yet (and ideally without having to enter a Microsoft account first)?

i received updates

for mail calender people messaging

pinball

photos

mahjong deluxe

there was circle around delete button before the update :p

After the People app updated, my twitter contacts are no longer merged with the Microsoft/Facebook profiles and they now show up as duplicate contacts :/

Edit: They did fix a bug in Calendar where people's birthdays would span across two days though.

Is it possible to use them with IMAP yet (and ideally without having to enter a Microsoft account first)?

Nope. Still Hotmail/GMail/Exchange. I just set my Hotmail to get my ISP mail until they implement it.

The Solitaire game was updated; not as jerky as the first one was. That's an improvement!

Skydrive was updated two days ago (not sure what changed).

Weather app's daily forecast now scrolls correctly and doesn't just jump past all the days.

Hopefully, with RTM apps will provide change logs.

Vimeo has been updated today. It seems like it makes better use of screen space. I had it keep shutting down when quick-searching but removing and reinstalling fixed it.