New & Updated apps in Store

Is it just me or have a bunch of apps apparently been removed from the store? We've gone down from 320 to 270. Does it have to do with preparing for RTM or something?

Is it just me or have a bunch of apps apparently been removed from the store? We've gone down from 320 to 270. Does it have to do with preparing for RTM or something?

I'm showing 269 with a "*.*" search. Maybe they removed some that were unstable?

I think they're getting ready for RTM, all the apps that will come with Win8 will see big updates apparently and it sounds like what they talked about doing with the Windows Live Essentials apps back before Win7 (updating them more frequently etc) will finally happen with their Windows 8 metro counterparts. I suppose this also means the desktop WLE apps are more or less done as far as any big features go. They should see updates for new OS versions but nothing like the rate the metro apps will be updates, if all goes well that is.

The newly added Orange Wednesdays app in the UK states "[This app can use] Your PC?s or connected phones? text messaging feature, including sending and receiving text messages in the Capabilities section, so I suppose we can look forward to connecting our Windows Phones to our PC's and using them from there:P

Where is it? In Xbox live or normal games (I'm not on 8 atm)

Should be in games. Sort by newest and it should be the first listed.

Armed! - a really nice turn-based single/multiplayer game, from Windows Phone, is now in the Store. Great graphics and solid gameplay. If anybody wants to strike up a MP game let me know.

Buy.com app is also now available.

I show 300 some apps right now, but http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/sitemap/sitemap_1.xml lists like 500 when you "Find" en-us...I haven't had a chance to look through all of them individually, but maybe they're like older versions of apps, or maybe there's like an en-us-ca or something somewhere that's doubling the number :p (or, maybe, the sitemap is listing more than the Store)

I show 300 some apps right now, but http://apps.microsof...p/sitemap_1.xml lists like 500 when you "Find" en-us...I haven't had a chance to look through all of them individually, but maybe they're like older versions of apps, or maybe there's like an en-us-ca or something somewhere that's doubling the number :p (or, maybe, the sitemap is listing more than the Store)

Yes, the website lists all apps while the Store only lists apps available to the user, mostly filtered by Location I think.

I know the Kindle app and the Accuweather app have been removed. Do you know of any others, specifically?

332 apps here.

Yes, the website lists all apps while the Store only lists apps available to the user, mostly filtered by Location I think.

but if it were filtered by location, then doing a find for "en-us" should return ~330 (as the en-us Store app does)...but instead, it returns 540 O.O

There is a YouTube app, but I don't like it. I am going to stick to the website. The app is called YouTube8, but it's terrible, mostly because search results are crap and I can't log in to my account.

Oh, and loving the new games that are coming out.

• 2 weeks later...

FX Network - American Television Network with shows like American Horror Story, The League, Sons of Anarchy, Justified.

8 Files in a Box - a Dropbox app.

Is there any IM app ? Or is it in works?

There is a default app but there is no 3rd party app for that yet ... The 3rd party apps may come out by the time Win 8 launches or shortly after.

should this thread be out of the beta forum now? :)

Yeah it should, btw will RP users start to see these new paid apps or do you also have to upgrade to RTM to get paid apps?

Yeah it should, btw will RP users start to see these new paid apps or do you also have to upgrade to RTM to get paid apps?

Good question. Also, I seriously doubt we'll be able to keep up with the influx of apps coming in to the Store. We may need to rename this thread or create another labeled "Best New Apps" or "Great Metro Apps".

Something like that. I'm currently showing over 400 apps in the Store right now and I doubt will be listing ALL of those let alone the thousands of incoming apps.

SyFy - is in the store but it's a bit barebones.

WWE - haven't checked it out.

Never saw the WWE app listed, had to search for it then couldnt install it. Does it work for anyone?

Never saw the WWE app listed, had to search for it then couldnt install it. Does it work for anyone?

Yeah. Just DL'd and installed it. Works fine for me.