Pre-Load Has Begun for Steam. New Hard disk also arrived, So i actually have enough space now. Just under 30gb's.

Nice, I am real curious to hear how the PC version is. Enjoy, and I can say give it a few chapters, as the first few chapters are kind of just a warm up for the real stuff, at least IMO.

Just finished playing a bit. Wow, great game, love the story and how it's delivered. Perfect and worth the wait IMO. I was a bit worried about what they'd do to the franchise but it's great!

Just finished playing a bit. Wow, great game, love the story and how it's delivered. Perfect and worth the wait IMO. I was a bit worried about what they'd do to the franchise but it's great!

Amen. My GOTY so far, by far actually. Granted still 6 months left to the year, and the heavy hitters typically come out in Winter, but damn what a game.

MP is surprisingly entertaining as well.

I'm bout an hour into it and does anyone else find the double/tripple vision, blurryness, and random colours give them a headache? It's good for a bit, but it makes me feel like my eyes aren't focussing correctly, and it's use so bloody much. I love the story telling but I'd love more for a way to turn it off or tone it down to just the storyboards.

I don't get how people are enjoying this I'm finding it very tedious, are you playing it on the PC or consoles? I have a massive list of problems and annoyances maybe thee just related to the PC. the story seems fine so far. :/

I don't get how people are enjoying this I'm finding it very tedious, are you playing it on the PC or consoles? I have a massive list of problems and annoyances maybe thee just related to the PC. the story seems fine so far. :/

Curious to hear what those annoyances would be. I did play it on PS3 although I strongly considered waiting for the PC version, I ultimately decided not to.

I have to say, I enjoy the MP but also absolutely hate it all at the same time. :laugh:

It is fun to play, but wow do I suck at it. I really truly do.

Also the way it just freezes inbetween matches, when waiting to spawn, inbetween Gang Wars, is just really awful. Perhaps that is limited to the PS3 version, but the netcode is obviously pretty bad.

The one time I finally did have a decent match of Gang Wars, the game just completely froze. I actually thought my entire PS3 froze as I could not do anything, so I went to grab a drink, checked my email, and after about 3 minutes it kicked in again, and then was just stuck on the spinning loading icon. Did not get an of the XP I had earned in the match. So those are the reasons I also hate it. Although it is fun to play, it is utterly frustrating at the same time. Oh well, just going to officially move on to Ghost Recon MP. Maybe in a few weeks/months MP3's MP will be at a playable state and I will revisit it.

Curious to hear what those annoyances would be. I did play it on PS3 although I strongly considered waiting for the PC version, I ultimately decided not to.

I have to say, I enjoy the MP but also absolutely hate it all at the same time. :laugh:

It is fun to play, but wow do I suck at it. I really truly do.

Also the way it just freezes inbetween matches, when waiting to spawn, inbetween Gang Wars, is just really awful. Perhaps that is limited to the PS3 version, but the netcode is obviously pretty bad.

The one time I finally did have a decent match of Gang Wars, the game just completely froze. I actually thought my entire PS3 froze as I could not do anything, so I went to grab a drink, checked my email, and after about 3 minutes it kicked in again, and then was just stuck on the spinning loading icon. Did not get an of the XP I had earned in the match. So those are the reasons I also hate it. Although it is fun to play, it is utterly frustrating at the same time. Oh well, just going to officially move on to Ghost Recon MP. Maybe in a few weeks/months MP3's MP will be at a playable state and I will revisit it.

Do you not usually play your multiplatform games on the 360 Larry? Was there bonus content for the PS3 version?

Your words of praise gave me a kick up the arse the other day to actively make it a priority to play through MP3, I just don't have enough time right now to be juggling too many games and most of my gaming time is in co-op with the other half in Diablo 3.

Larry, what difficulty did you play on? And did you use aim assist?

I played it on medium with free aim & I generally found it quite mechanically frustrating & I kept feeling like I was playing it wrong, even if I cleared an area.

Personally I just didn't enjoy the game a lot of other people seemed to enjoy it so it's probably just me.

The game feels like it's playing by itself and I'm just clicking forward and shoot, way to many times it takes control of my cross hair, it also feels like I'm being punished if I try to aim up or down it just feels to sluggish, way to many cutscenes personally I don't mind cutscenes if they have something to add but to just randomly take control just so Max can say something stupid is just plain annoying, to many forced bullettime fights I'd move to another area or be coming back from a cutscene to be stood in front of 5 guys with no cover around and when playing the game on hard the AI has ridiculous aim, not all walls or boxes allow you to take cover by them, last stand and random bullet times are more of a hindrance, I love bullettime but not when it's forced down my throat, there's also a big difference between film noir and just been an annoying emo, I'd have probably enjoyed it more if I could actually move the crosshair and if they got rid of last stand and kill cam there entertaining the first time you see them but they get annoying fast, at least the story was interesting.

Do you not usually play your multiplatform games on the 360 Larry? Was there bonus content for the PS3 version?

Your words of praise gave me a kick up the arse the other day to actively make it a priority to play through MP3, I just don't have enough time right now to be juggling too many games and most of my gaming time is in co-op with the other half in Diablo 3.

Nice, glad I provided a good kick in the arse. The game is fantastic, but I do strongy say give it some time, it takes time to get into its stride and also for the game mechanics to not feel as if they are hampering the experience. It truly takes a little while to get the whole concept of orchestrated chaos down. Once you do it is incredibly enjoyable.

So unless it is an exclusive, I play everything on my PS3 and have for about 1.5 - 2 years now.

Main reason being is I own 2 PS3's, one downstairs and one upstairs in my bedroom. I usually go to bed with my wife at the same time but sometimes I do stay up a bit later and play before bed.

FTR it used to be the opposite, I owned 2 360's, but the one in the bedroom RROD and it was out of warranty. Since that was my 3rd 360 to RROD, I decided to get a 2nd PS3. That, and it made sense to have another BluRay player.

Other not so main reason is I do prefer the PS3 these days overall as well. Just prefer the OS and the streaming capabilities.

Larry, what difficulty did you play on? And did you use aim assist?

I played it on medium with free aim & I generally found it quite mechanically frustrating & I kept feeling like I was playing it wrong, even if I cleared an area.

I also played it on Medium, and I used a combination of both free aim and soft lock, depended on the situation. I used Free Aim about 65% of the time and Soft Lock the other 35%.

There were just some situations that free aim was a pain in the arse and not worth it. Especially when shooting grenades out of the air was required.

• Like 1

Personally I just didn't enjoy the game a lot of other people seemed to enjoy it so it's probably just me.

<snipped>

Are you playing with Free Aim? If not that should solve almost all of the issues you are describing. If so, then yeah sounds like it is just not for you.

I also played it on Medium, and I used a combination of both free aim and soft lock, depended on the situation. I used Free Aim about 65% of the time and Soft Lock the other 35%.

There were just some situations that free aim was a pain in the arse and not worth it. Especially when shooting grenades out of the air was required.

I'm only about two hours in so far, but I actually just switched to free aim completely. I gave soft lock a chance, but I got fed up with how it would sometimes lock on to a different enemy than the one I wanted. I'm not sure what the system looks for when it's prioritizing targets (proximity, perhaps?), but I was already struggling to begin with (I haven't played a challenging third-person shooter in a while, so perhaps I've just gone soft), and that added frustration was a bit too much.

Enjoying the game so far though, based on the small amount that I have played. I like the small little presentation touches, like how Max will try to hold on to his two-handed gun while it's not equipped. Nice to finally see a video game character who doesn't have some invisible gun holder magically attached to his back. Will report back once I have played some more.

Love the game so far, was a huge fan of MP1 and MP2. Game runs just fine on my Nvidia 550ti, no setting is lower than high. I was a little hesitant about Multiplayer at first, but after playing a few rounds its actually pretty fun.

Single player, I think I am on chapter 7(

graveyard flashback

). Story so far is pretty good, has some moments where I think this could be a real story, but then when I think about the body count and Max winning a impossible 12 on 1 scenario due to bullettime brings me back to reality a bit. I didn't expect any of the flashback scenes, those are so much fun since they have more of that dark MP feel like the original games. I am not dissapointed at all in the game. I am trying not to beat it too fast, splitting my time between this and Diablo 3. (Quit/cancelled my SWTOR sub...)

haha me too, but only cause of The Secret World.

MP3 is way better than I expected, I wasn't really expecting anything anyway. Not really a Rockstar fan in general.

I want this so bad but refuse to deal with STEAM.

I want this so bad but refuse to deal with STEAM.

http://gamerkeys.net/Max-Payne-3.htm

http://www.cdkeyhous...max-payne-3_480

http://www.cjs-cdkey...e-3-CD-Key.html

http://www.g2play.ne...ail-CD-Key.html

http://www.greenmang...on/max-payne-3/

All retail keys (and most offer quick download links to the ISOs).

All are trustworthy, I've used each at different times (Y)

Got through a little more of it and so far, not bad. Just passed the stadium chapter. Find myself dying a lot due to no ammo situations.

Got through a little more of it and so far, not bad. Just passed the stadium chapter. Find myself dying a lot due to no ammo situations.

Hmmm, I never once found myself in a situation where I was low on Ammo. Perhaps it is because one major thing I did start doing very early on is picking up the guns from whomever the main group of bad guys I was fighting throughout that level. Generally speaking, the tend to carry the same few guns as each-other, so picking up the guns that the enemies drop on each level meant never really running out of ammo. I got into that habit fairly quickly as I did notice if you try to carry good weapons over from one level to another, ammo will indeed be limited. hope that helps a bit. The other bit of (incredibly obvious) advice I can give is just go for one shot head-shots using Bullet Time or shot dodge, as that tends to help conserve ammo.

I have to agree, my GOTY easily. Completed it 3 days ago and since then I've completed it on hardcore, oldschool, new york minute and now I'm tackling NYM hardcore (got to chapter XIII and a sniper got a lucky shot) Rockstar did an amazing job with it. Also the part

where you're in the airport and then tears by HEALTH starts playing

is now one of my favourite sections in a game, the atmosphere during that part was intense.

I'm bout an hour into it and does anyone else find the double/tripple vision, blurryness, and random colours give them a headache? It's good for a bit, but it makes me feel like my eyes aren't focussing correctly, and it's use so bloody much. I love the story telling but I'd love more for a way to turn it off or tone it down to just the storyboards.

I did think they want a bit over the top with those effects, but they didn't give me a headache or anything.

So tempted to get it this weekend after doing some on the side PC work and got some nice change :D I loved the first 2 and i'm sure it'll be fun eitherway :).

I am actually trying to finish up Black Ops and Crysis 2 now lol - so much catching up to do!