I'm really enjoying the multiplayer in this game right now. It's a lot of fun. But it could use some more support, the weapons are quite unbalanced and there are a few bugs that should've been fixed by now.

Just finished Max Payne 3 last night, and I really enjoyed it. It's probably my second favourite game of the year (right after Mass Effect 3), and it's going to take something pretty amazing in the second half of 2012 in order for that to change. I thought it was decently challenging throughout. It was challenging enough to make you act carefully during firefights, but it never devolved into frustration. It felt nice to finally play a game that didn't have any regenerative health (thereby forcing you to actually face the consequences of your mistakes, which is almost taboo in this console generation). It feels like I haven't played a game like that in forever.

I thought Max's narration was awesome. It honestly made the game for me. The storyline itself is pretty simple and predictable, but the writing of Max's narration made it a lot of fun, and at the risk of sounding blasphemous, I thought that the writing in this game was a massive improvement over the somewhat cringe-worthy writing from the first two Max Payne games.

So yeah, really great game throughout, and I could definitely see myself replaying this on a harder skill level at some point in the future (or maybe I'll just give those "New York Minute" challenges a try). Haven't tried multiplayer, and I probably won't get around to it, but the single-player alone makes it worth the price for me.

I am kind of surprised how much people enjoyed this game.

I found it mostly irritating to play. The game design felt very restricted and even clumsy in places. None of the combat senarios feel spotaneous and fun, mainly because the player is so often trapped in cover Often, even after I clear an area, I feel like I've played it wrong and end up reloading.

Also, the "second chance" mechanic, is one of the most infuriating mechanics I have come across; I'd just rather they let me die and reload.

pretty much what Lingering wrote word for word. this game takes the first two and makes short work of them. that's not an insult, it's a given seeing as how much time in gaming years passed between the second and this one. and of course this one would not have been possible without the first two. but it's on a totally different level. amazing game, and indeed only ME3 so far has been better for. I don't know if there will be many contenders, perhaps GTA V if it manages to launch this year.