So now it means to be a gamer you need to have $2000+ PC and less of skills? What the heck is happening to Gaming on PCs!? A game which runs so good on Xbox needs like a super computer to run on a PC. Apparently games are taking a lot of horsepower than they are supposed to.

Nothing is happening, it goes on its own track and consoles are not holding back it anymore. So good on Xbox, with alot nerfed out of the graphics and game just to make it bearable, when it comes out and really needs those specs just compare the Xbox and PC graphics.

I, for one, am actually glad that they are going for that high specs. Actually when playing a game like BF3 on ultra you also need ALOT more then the recommended specs, they just usually don't reveal them to keep customers.

So now it means to be a gamer you need to have $2000+ PC and less of skills? What the heck is happening to Gaming on PCs!? A game which runs so good on Xbox needs like a super computer to run on a PC. Apparently games are taking a lot of horsepower than they are supposed to.

To be honest, they probably mean something along the lines of:

Minimum requirements (Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 quality graphics):

Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3

Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ or AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ processor

2GB of RAM

NVIDIA 8600 GT 512MB VRAM or Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM video card

100% Direct X 9.0 compatible sound card

35 GB of hard drive space

Medium requirements (higher quality graphics):

<specifications that are in the middle of the above and below>

Optimal requirements (all settings maxed out, inc. AA, AF, DX11 (tessellation etc.) etc.):

Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3

Intel i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ or AMD FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ processor

16GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB VRAM or Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM video card

Direct X 9.0 compatible sound card supporting Dolby Digital Live

35 GB of hard drive space

It wasnt that long ago that Crysis 1 had similar requirements in the day..

PC hardware depreciates hellishly quickly at times and id bet a lot of gamers will have rigs capable of playing it at near optimal settings.

It wasnt that long ago that Crysis 1 had similar requirements in the day..

PC hardware depreciates hellishly quickly at times and id bet a lot of gamers will have rigs capable of playing it at near optimal settings.

Crysis never had recommended specifications that ambitious. Don't get me wrong, the recommended specifications Crytek gave still ran the game like a dog in the higher quality modes.

guys.. is the game out?

i think the game leaked just now!

June 1st, I think is release date as per Game-debate..

guys.. is the game out?

i think the game leaked just now!

The release dates are:

Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3:

• NA May 15
  • EU May 18
  • AU May 18

PC:

• NA May 29, 2012
  • EU June 1, 2012

With regards to leaks, it was the Xbox 360 version leaked last night.

5 days left until release. Officially my most anticipated game of 2012 so far. Pre-ordered Paid In Full. Truly cannot wait.

well it being a rockstar game it won't work well or be optimized for the PC so they probably just set the spec really high on purpose to cover themselves... i still can't run GTA IV haha, first game i ever returned btw... looking forward to this game though :D

Reviews are rolling in.

Gametrailers, which I tend to agree with a decent amount of the time, gives it a 7.6 in their video review.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-max-payne-3/730059

IGN gives it a 9, but IGN handing out high review scores is par for the course, so taking it with a grain of salt.

I dont agree with that GT review. They criticize Max Payne for beign Max Payne. He HAS to be an over the top, metaphor-ridden, decadent new yorker. Max Payne it's about gritty effects and dark humor.

hahhaaha, awesome .. literally they put optimal based on the latest CPU/GPU out there, come on man ... of course those are optimal .... less than that is Required ...

Yeah, Kotaku review is in, and they pretty much praise it all around, some complaints, but overall very positive.

Should You Play This Game? YES

WHY: Because this unrelentingly grim thriller boasts great storytelling, sharply implemented mechanics and inventive multiplayer. It's the total package

What I played: Finished the Story mode in about 11 hours. Played about five hours of multiplayer modes before the game's release.

Two Things I Loved

• Thanks to the stylishly directed cutscenes, I never stopped caring about the emotional component to Max's story.
  • The Kill Panel cutaway sequences when you kill or get killed are hypnotically captivating, even when you die in really gruesome fashion.

Two Things I Hated

• The spacing of save points can be brutal and you'll often have to grind back through rougher sections to get back to where you died.
  • I got tired of being put in situations where ammo feels artificially scarce. Everybody had guns, I should, too.

Made-to-Order Back-of-Box Quotes

• "Playing a washed-up, blackout-drunk screw-up ex-cop might be the most fun you have all year." - -Evan Narcisse, Kotaku.com
  • "I might not need to go to Brazil anymore, because Max Payne 3 took me there already." -Evan Narcisse, Kotaku.com

I think GT may have been hard on it just for the sake of doing so.

That kotaku's review was very well written. I specially like the part about how noir it's not about heroics but flaws.

A bit worried my copy is not going to be coming from Amazon tomorrow. :/

I am a member of Amazon Prime so release date delivery is always free, but I have always gotten an email by now saying the game shipped, and their site says still shipping as well. Considering it is now 11 PM the night before release, I am thinking it may not arrive. :cry: If that does happen, off to Gamestop probably then, as my wife has given me tomorrow night to play.

I am a member of Amazon Prime so release date delivery is always free, but I have always gotten an email by now saying the game shipped, and their site says still shipping as well. Considering it is now 11 PM the night before release, I am thinking it may not arrive. :cry: If that does happen, off to Gamestop probably then, as my wife has given me tomorrow night to play.

:p :p hopefully it arrives

just remember two things:

1 - if it doesnt arrive, do a chat with Amazon and you can easily get a $5 or $10 credit (I've done this several times with my release day blurays not arriving with Prim)

2 - let me borrow Max Payne after you beat it

:p :p hopefully it arrives

just remember two things:

1 - if it doesnt arrive, do a chat with Amazon and you can easily get a $5 or $10 credit (I've done this several times with my release day blurays not arriving with Prim)

2 - let me borrow Max Payne after you beat it

Got the email at like 2am last night, just read it now, and it says it is on track for delivery today. (Y) If not, I will get that credit.

And no doubt jd, will let you borrow it when I am done, although that may be a bit as I do plan on checking out MP, actually looks decent, but then Ghost Recon comes out next week so yeah, hoping to have it beat by then. You still have a PS3 right? That is what I got it for.

Got the email at like 2am last night, just read it now, and it says it is on track for delivery today. (Y) If not, I will get that credit.

And no doubt jd, will let you borrow it when I am done, although that may be a bit as I do plan on checking out MP, actually looks decent, but then Ghost Recon comes out next week so yeah, hoping to have it beat by then. You still have a PS3 right? That is what I got it for.

nice - glad you are getting it today. I def still have my PS3, it is the designated DVD player for the Yo Gabba Gabba Concert. Might have to play this one on the projector - hopefully this stays close to the style of Max Payne 1/2 (def in my top 5)

Destructoid's review was quite positive indeed, and they tend to be more critical than your average game review outlet.

Will probably get this eventually, just not right now while Diablo 3 has launched. Still not sure if I'm going to go for the Xbox 360 or PC version (whenever the latter launches, later this month I believe). Hopefully the PC version turns out okay and it's not just a sloppy port.