MS Access Error 2105 - Survives compact & repair command.

Question

We're running into this error on a previously-working (as of before this past weekend) database. No VBA/code/backend changes were made to the file. Development has not occurred on the file for a few months.

We did, however, have a (planned) power outage over the weekend. It is possible the server hosting the file was not shut down properly.

Given this, has anyone run into a similar problem and, if so, any thoughts on how to fix it?

Just for the record, I'm not averse to digging into the VBA code on this MDB, just wanted to specify that I'm not asking for help on a work-in-progress. This was a finished product before this problem happened.

Thanks very much.

3 answers to this question

Give us some more information to work with:

- Access version?

- Is error on front end or back end?

- Are you able to access the db at all?

# 2105 is Access 2007/2010 error:

You can't go to the specified record. You may be at the end of a recordset.

-This has presented on both Access 2007 and Access 2003. I'm able to see it in Access 2003 on my PC.

-Technically, backend, though we're actually not using an MDE file (I suppose I misused the term "backend" by bringing it up at all in the OP). It's an MDB coupled with an MDW for basic security.

-I am able to access the DB. The DB is an archive of workorders for our maintenance department. The error occurs when clicking the "new help request" button for Maintenance, but not for our Toolroom or Safety sections.

Thanks.

Is the Maintenance section in its own table?

If so, can you open the table to view its records?

If you can, and all the records seem to be ok, my first suggestion would be to create a new table and attempt to import the records into this.

You will need to delete any relationships to the old table and re-assign them to the new table.

Export the table structure to a text file, then import the structure to a new table. This will preserve your fields and their properties.