NetGear WG111v3 Wireless Adapter & Windows 8

Has anyone that uses a NetGear WG111v3 wireless network USB adapter gotten it to work in Windows 8 CP? I've tried installing the Windows 7 x64 drivers (since there doesn't appear to be any Win8 drivers yet), but they don't work; I'm curious if I'm doing soemthing wrong or the device is simply incompatible with Windows 8 at this time.

I have a wnda 3100v2 and had to install the smart wizard to get it working, but no problems after...

Hmmm...I tried installing the entire software package from the installer I got off of NetGear's website (drivers+Smart Wizard), but none of it seems to want to work; as far as Windows is concerned, there is no driver installed for that device. I didn't think using the original installation disk would work any better, but I could always give it a try. ^_^

• 8 months later...

I can certify that this USB adapter does not work in server 2012 with wireless services enabled. Driver from Netgear's site does not work. Smart wizard installs, however adapter is not detected.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to get the Netgear wg111v3 to work with Windows 8 with no success either. Wish I had known that Netgear wasn't going to take care of this problem before I upgraded to Windows 8.

Ba-dum!!! I got it working:

Device manager>adapter>update driver>use windows update to find it>works.