Addicted to eating sponges as snacks

A DENTAL nurse told yesterday how she has EATEN 4,000 washing-up sponges due to a rare disorder.

Kerry Trebilcock, 21, has also munched more than 100 bars of SOAP.

She suffers from pica, which causes victims to crave objects that are not food.

Kerry, of Mylor, Cornwall, said: "One day I will beat this and be able to have a shower or do the washing-up without feeling hungry."

Sponge eater Kerry said she likes to spice up her bizarre snacks with hot sauce or mustard.

Sometimes, she dips them in tea or hot chocolate like biscuits.

She also chomps on chunks of soap ? but only organic fruit-flavoured varieties, with lemon and lime her favourite.

Kerry said: "I have been very particular about the type of sponges and soaps I'd eat and how I'd prepare them.

"If I went out for the day I'd carry a small plastic bag of cut-up pieces of sponge with some tomato and BBQ sauce in Tupperware. I was never without a 'snack'.

"

http://www.whatsonti.../health257.html

Its actually not rare at all. It's well documented and I personally know at least 2 people with similar addictions. One used to eat about half a roll of (unused) toilet roll per day. It filled her up with no neutrients.

I have never heard of this before I was quite confused when my friend sent me a message saying there was this girl on TV that was addicted to eating sponges and soap, I had to look it up.

I think to myself when I see such odd cases and hear the people say they cannot stop, "Really? How could you start?

That's exactly what I think. What would bring someone to start eating random items

Has anyone read about the woman who likes to drink gasoline?

I think to myself when I see such odd cases and hear the people say they cannot stop, "Really? How could you start?

How does someone even start though, like you can never have chips but have it once then bam omg its so good but this is a cleaning tool.. how does it...I guess she got bored and took a bite out of it.

This was in the Sun newspaper about 2 weeks ago. Old news.

Because we all get the Sun News every morning...right?

Its actually not rare at all. It's well documented and I personally know at least 2 people with similar addictions. One used to eat about half a roll of (unused) toilet roll per day. It filled her up with no neutrients.

good idea for weight loss! :)

I think to myself when I see such odd cases and hear the people say they cannot stop, "Really? How could you start?"

Truth or dare?

Dare.

I dare you to eat toilet paper.

*om nom nom*

Dude, he's still eating it.

Dude, grab the camera!

What else do we have?

Quick, give him this bar of soap.

*om nom nom*

Woah, awesome!

Yeah, totally man!

I'm starving.

Yeah, me too. Let's go to White Castle.

*driving*

Well, you get the point.

That's pretty strange but as a child I used to eat all sorts of silly stuff, like tree leafs or paper. Not just me, almost every single person I know of did this at some point of their childhood.

The thing that i did and love doing is sniffing gasoline/benzine, i just love the smell of it and most people consider me weird but thats all about it, nowhere as close as eating things like that. One time i got so high smelling gasoline that i started seen strange things.