chile video theyre here

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:07

Faster than the speed of light? Probably not.
Considering the age of the universe, it would be a more probable assumption that if it was a live form, it has a life duration much much longer than ours and thus could tolerate an extremely long trip.
It's very doubtful that the laws of physics will be exceeded. Variances in a physical body are much more realistic.

Why do we measure speeds of travel in the universe with the speed of light? Because it is the fastest thing we know about. The key word here is WE. WE can't figure out how to get humans to Mars safely yet so why would you assume this being is capable of living extremely long, yet not have more advanced, and closer to the truth, laws of physics? You can't debunk an assumption using another assumption. If they are more advanced in one way, they can be just as advanced in another.

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,215 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:10

Calling it a UFO makes people think you are crazy.

I don't assume that everyone who says they saw an unidentified flying object is crazy.

On an other note, don't you find it strange all of these "UFO's" are over AIR BASES!!!!

Looking over the primative Earth craft -- even Aliens need a laugh.

#18 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:12

[center]

Looking over the primative Earth craft -- even Aliens need a laugh.

It is a field trip for Alien 1st grade. Primitive aircraft 101. Instead of watching videos and looking at pictures, they go visit the real thing. Our entire planet is a museum of the past to them. :rofl:

#19 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,275 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:14

Why do we measure speeds of travel in the universe with the speed of light? Because it is the fastest thing we know about. The key word here is WE. WE can't figure out how to get humans to Mars safely yet so why would you assume this being is capable of living extremely long, yet not have more advanced, and closer to the truth, laws of physics? You can't debunk an assumption using another assumption. If they are more advanced in one way, they can be just as advanced in another.

Yes, but WE have observed the cosmos for centuries and have not once seen anything that even gave the slightest hints of breaking this theory. Actually we can get humans to Mars safely. We could launch something tomorrow and be just fine, but it comes down to budgetary reasons. Completely separate topic. Honestly, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. Look at the millions of varieties of life forms we have here on Earth. They all have different forms and live different lives. We have even found life forms here that survive and reproduce in pools of poison. It's not far fetched at all that life can easily be derived on alien planets that have completely different characteristics. Breaking the speed of light? Doubtful. A living thing that can live for 1000+ years? Probable.

#20 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,215 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:17

Yes, but WE have observed the cosmos for decades and have not once seen anything that even gave the slightest hints of breaking this theory.

Apparently you are quite unaware of all the things that have been seen.

#21 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,275 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:20

Apparently you are quite unaware of all the things that have been seen.

If you are referring to the neutrinos that apparently broke the speed of light, that was proven false quite a while ago.

#22 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:22

Yes, but WE have observed the cosmos for centuries and have not once seen anything that even gave the slightest hints of breaking this theory. Actually we can get humans to Mars safely. We could launch something tomorrow and be just fine, but it comes down to budgetary reasons. Completely separate topic. Honestly, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. Look at the millions of varieties of life forms we have here on Earth. They all have different forms and live different lives. We have even found life forms here that survive and reproduce in pools of poison. It's not far fetched at all that life can easily be derived on alien planets that have completely different characteristics. Breaking the speed of light? Doubtful. A living thing that can live for 1000+ years? Probable.

Considering we have already broken the speed of light barrier in communication, I am doubtful about your assumption that the speed of light can't be broken and I am not refering to the neutrinos experiments.

#23 +PmRd

PmRd

Neowinian

• 1,325 posts
  • Phone: Microsoft Lumia 1020

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:28

Considering we have already broken the speed of light barrier in communication, I am doubtful about your assumption that the speed of light can't be broken and I am not refering to the neutrinos experiments.

True, it's called quantum entanglement.

#24 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,215 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:34

If you are referring to the neutrinos that apparently broke the speed of light, that was proven false quite a while ago.

I am refering to the actual craft operated by other intelligent beings, who have gotten here, from there.

There are many witnesses to this fact.

Please don't quote this planet's primative Science.

Just because 'we' don't know how to do something, does not mean other intelligent beings in our galaxy do not.

#25 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,190 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:35

its just a weather balloon deflecting light off of swamp gasses.

#26 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,275 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:36

You need to brush up your physics because that's not at all how it works. There's a lot more to how c is determined than I believe you realize. You can do that research on your own.

#27 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:38

its just a weather balloon deflecting light off of swamp gasses.

littleneutrino.... you can't post in this thread, you have been proven a liar by science with your faster than light hoax! Astra.Xtreme said so! :rofl: :shifty:

You need to brush up your physics because that's not at all how it works. There's a lot more to how c is determined than I believe you realize. You can do that research on your own.

I did. Quantum mechanics experiments have already proven that entanglement works exactly in this way. We just don't have to scientific know how and technology to use it at the moment. Don't tell someone to do their research if your aren't willing to do a quick Google search that lists a very large amount of experiments that have already proven this.

#28 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,275 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:41

I am refering to the actual craft operated by other intelligent beings, who have gotten here, from there.

There are many witnesses to this fact.

Please don't quote this planet's primative Science.

Just because 'we' don't know how to do something, does not mean other intelligent beings in our galaxy do not.

Just remember, things like this are false until proven otherwise.
Is it possible? Yep. Has it been proven true? Nope.
I wouldn't be so quick to abandon hundreds of years of physics due to a few blurry videos of an unexplained video. That's pretty silly actually.

I did. Quantum mechanics experiments have already proven that entanglement works exactly in this way. We just don't have to scientific know how and technology to use it at the moment. Don't tell someone to do their research if your aren't willing to do a quick Google search that lists a very large amount of experiments that have already proven this.

:Facepalm:
No it does not work that way...
http://curious.astro....php?number=612

There are a million other bits of information that will also tell you otherwise.

#29 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:41

Just remember, things like this are false until proven otherwise.
Is it possible? Yep. Has it been proven true? Nope.
I wouldn't be so quick to abandon hundreds of years of physics due to a few blurry videos of an unexplained video. That's pretty silly actually.

Actually, science works the exact opposite way. We assume something is true until it is proven false because under science, it is not possible to prove something true. It takes 1 test result to prove something false. It takes an infinite amount of test results to prove something absolutely true. That is basic science.

#30 quick

quick

Neowinian

• 1,486 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 15:44

I want it to be a UFO, but IMO its just bugs flying past the camera... why do you think there is so many of them. Also if a small bug flies past the camera from a very close distance it will look like its going super fast relative to something way off in the distance like the jets...

Also agree that if it truly an ET craft of some kind you aren't going to get any sonic booms... the tech they would be using would be completely different then the tech used in our conventional aircraft.