BlackBerry 10 coming to the PlayBook, RIM confirms

RIM's handsets won't be getting BlackBerry 10 until later this year, but once they do, the PlayBook will be next in line. That's according to Rob Orr, RIM's VP of product management, who confirmed the news to TechRadar. "We've said publicly a number of times that our first BB10 handset will be available towards the end of 2012, and that's still firmly the case," Orr said. "At some point after the launch we'll bring BB10 to our PlayBooks, yes." Orr apparently didn't get any more specific than that, though he did mention that RIM has seen a spike in updates to PlayBook OS 2.0, which came out just last month. According to the exec, about 50 percent of all users made the jump on the day it came out, which just goes to show how great e-mail is.

playbook.jpg

Engadget

Read this yesterday. OS10 will be nice, but I must say OS2.0 is running perfect for me. I have a bunch of Android Apps and Games running Flawlessly, on top of the multi-tasking powerhouse that is QNX. There are a couple bugs and issues I find at time (ie hitting Standby in the power options restarts the playbook instead of putting it to sleep). But I have splashtop giving me netflix, I have kindle and kobo for reading. I have games and such to keep my occupied, and a file explorer with network streamiing so I can stream shows and movies from my desktop to the playbook.