"I hid the body ... Now what?

ROGERS, AR. (AP) - A northwest Arkansas teenager thought it would be funny to text a random phone number saying she hid a body, but the joke backfired.

Of all the local phone numbers she could have chosen, the 15-year-old Rogers girl picked one that belonged to a police detective. Police found the girl's address by tracing her cellphone number.

The prank? To text: "I hid the body ... Now what?" to a random phone number. The teen said she got the idea for the prank from a posting on the website Pinterest.

Police didn't find the prank funny and say it tied up some of the department's resources.

The girl was released with a warning.

source

I like bad girls... :p

I'm so going to hell for liking this LOL

Note: Before you start hating on me: I DO think it is a needless waste of important police resources!

Approximately 100 donuts didn't get eaten and about 75 liters of coffee got cold!

Glassed Silver:mac

So what did she get a warning for? What could be the possible charge? I think it's a hilarious prank, and I would do it from a friend's phone :p

Anyone know any detective's cell #'s?

Not a joke. She got off light as criminal charges could have been brought (minimum: malicious mischief), or at the least civil recovery of the cost of the resulting investigation plus penalties.

tumblr_lljpp74xVc1qknoqho1_500.jpg

Stupid girl, you don't hide a body: you dissolve it, then process the solids and the tools.

if you disolve it properly there are no tools or solids.

The cop is the bad guy in all this.

If it had landed on any other cell, it would have been what it was intended to be, a hilarious joke that probably would have ended up with a fleet of comedy text messages between two people

Cops being cops have to take everything serious, no matter how obviously stupid it is.

The cop is the bad guy in all this.

If it had landed on any other cell, it would have been what it was intended to be, a hilarious joke that probably would have ended up with a fleet of comedy text messages between two people

Cops being cops have to take everything serious, no matter how obviously stupid it is.

Seriously?

Of course they have to take things seriously, every action done is held under a microscope. This is a double edge sword, in other words had something seriously been wrong and he had done nothing there would have been an even larger backlash, had you ever even thought of that?

The officer was acting well within his rights and ran with something, you have NO clue what awful, crazy crap is dealt with on a daily basises by law enforcement, so until you live the life.... don't judge. The girl played a prank and got caught... period end of discussion.

Seriously?

Of course they have to take things seriously, every action done is held under a microscope. This is a double edge sword, in other words had something seriously been wrong and he had done nothing there would have been an even larger backlash, had you ever even thought of that?

The officer was acting well within his rights and ran with something, you have NO clue what awful, crazy crap is dealt with on a daily basises by law enforcement, so until you live the life.... don't judge. The girl played a prank and got caught... period end of discussion.

End of discussion ?, who do you think you are ?

I don't give a **** what awful crap they have to deal with, they choose to deal with it.

They do not have to make everyone else's life a misery at the same time.

Now it is end of discussion.

End of discussion ?, who do you think you are ?

I don't give a **** what awful crap they have to deal with, they choose to deal with it.

They do not have to make everyone else's life a misery at the same time.

Now it is end of discussion.

are you stupid? What if it had been an actual murder. then you would bitch about how the cop didn't take it seriously. Murder is an incredibly serious crime, if there is a slight chance there was one, its going to be investigated.
  • Like 1

are you stupid? What if it had been an actual murder. then you would bitch about how the cop didn't take it seriously. Murder is an incredibly serious crime, if there is a slight chance there was one, its going to be investigated.

This.

Do you have any idea in what kind of trouble that cop would get if he didn't report such an SMS and have it investigated if this was a real case of murder?

That man would be effed for life.

Glassed Silver:mac

if you disolve it properly there are no tools or solids.
If the girl wanted to quickly dissolve a body she would need to get acids that would be either restricted or controlled to purchase.
Actually, you make it an accident and you don't have to hide or dissolve the body.
As incredible as it may sound: it takes a lot of time and effort to plan a random accident.
Stab them with an ice knife. No weapon, no prints.
Observing the conviction statistics: it is better to have no body than to have no weapons.

Not a joke. She got off light as criminal charges could have been brought (minimum: malicious mischief), or at the least civil recovery of the cost of the resulting investigation plus penalties.

To be fair, it's the officer who wasted the resources, not her.

If she did that on purpose, then yeah, she's directly responsible, but she didn't.

It's a stupid prank, but you are overreacting.

If she did that on purpose, then yeah, she's directly responsible, but she didn't.

Police nowadays have to take things very seriously, and with budget cuts pranks like this can sometimes land people in really hot water due to the costs associated with responding. For example, if you go hiking on Mount Rainier here, and you don't stop by a Ranger station and tell them where you plan on going, and you happen to get into trouble, then when the helicopter rescues you, you'll get a nice bill from the police and park authorities for the cost of fuel and wages it took to send out that helicopter and rescue crew.

Yeah lets blame the police for investigating! Seriously, these people should be locked up for stupidity.

What what what? Sorry do you even make sense?

- "If she did that on purpose, then yeah, she's directly responsible, but she didn't"

She did text someone at random on purpose, it wasn't magic nor the gods.

Yeah the intent was a laugh but it was stupid. You want to play these sorts of games, go ahead but don't shirk the conquencies when it goes wrong. So was it worth it? Did she laugh?