Just though I'd add my ideas to the mix, since the main idea (first on list) seems not to be mentioned anywhere in this forum:
- Make the Start Screen act like just another Metro application with resizing, accept you can't end it.
- Put a Start Button on desktop to maximize and bring to front the Start Screen.
- Add option to auto-start the desktop.
- Metro applications should have the same drag-to-edge to resize as Windows 7 desktop applications.
- Another nice addition would be to replace Desktop Gadgets with Desktop Metro Gadgets. Metro application placed on the desktop and are able open the Metro Application with a double-click.