• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• 2,662 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 19 March 2012 - 18:09

I'm really happy. I was not a Tebow fan at all. We got stuck with him because of the poor decisions of Josh McDaniels.

#17 ShareShiz

ShareShiz

Neowinian

• 993 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 18:10

but whats everyone gonna do now with their Tebow jerseies ?

i am the only one that finds it really funny that Tebow has to be a backup QB now

#18 NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• 3,078 posts
  • Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 19 March 2012 - 18:13

I'll be getting my #18 Broncos jersey

Reports are saying he will be wearing his #16 from when he played for the University of Tennessee ;) Great news for us but I really hope Tebow stays around because he is the future of the team because Manning only has a few good years left in him.

As for Tebow haters, he took us from 1-4 and got us to the Playoffs. Elway, Manning, Big Ben, Rodgers and a few other never did that in their first season as a starter. The kid has talent he just needs time to grow and with Manning as a mentor he will be the next Elway.

#19 notta

notta

Neowinian

• 726 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 18:21

What, because he's on the another team it's going to change the fact that he still chokes when it counts? I like Manning, he throws a lot of yards, a lot of touchdowns, but is unreliable when it comes to the big games. With the stats he has, to only have 1 ring says it all. Tebow needs a lot of work, but he's only 24.

#20 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• 2,662 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 18:21

As for Tebow haters, he took us from 1-4 and got us to the Playoffs. Elway, Manning, Big Ben, Rodgers and a few other never did that in their first season as a starter. The kid has talent he just needs time to grow and with Manning as a mentor he will be the next Elway.

I disagree. Sure the TEAM got into the playoffs. He either had a lot of luck or a lot of spirit in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter of every game, but you can't keep winning like that. The NFL knows how to stop Tebow, which is to shut down the option. If you stop him from running you make him ineffective. I think he COULD maybe be a decent QB under the tutelage of Elway and Manning, but he's most certainly out of here so.... oh well.

#21 JoeC

JoeC

Ooh, shiny stars

• 2,010 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 18:40

Hell, I'm English and even I saw that move coming. Should make for a pretty interesting season though, and I'm looking forward to it :) Sucks a bit for Tebow, he didn't do half bad in his first year. As for the people saying "everyone knows how to deal with him now", he's still young and can change his game. With Manning to learn from, he'll get a chance to do that.

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:50

The thing is no one knows for 100% sure how good Manning is at this point. He hasn't played a down in over a year. He's got the pedigree but he is going to be 36 years old in a few days and his best days are behind him. One solid hit next year may take him out again. No one can say at this point. If it were me, I'd keep Tebow around and let Manning tutor him. Best of both worlds.

#23 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• 2,662 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:28

One solid hit next year may take him out again.

One solid hit can take anyone out. People are misunderstanding the reason behind his neck surgery. It was to relieve a pinched nerve. Surgeons across the country have chimed in saying with the routine surgery he had done there is no more risk of getting injured than anyone else. It's just a matter of getting his throwing back to 100%.

EDIT: Link: http://www.nfl.com/n...isk-is-very-low

#24 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,931 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:19

One solid hit can take anyone out. People are misunderstanding the reason behind his neck surgery. It was to relieve a pinched nerve. Surgeons across the country have chimed in saying with the routine surgery he had done there is no more risk of getting injured than anyone else. It's just a matter of getting his throwing back to 100%.

EDIT: Link: http://www.nfl.com/n...isk-is-very-low

Routine surgery? He had four. All the shows I listen to say the opposite. Hell, I was listening to Fox Radio on XM and they had been interviewing doctors who were calling him nuts to try to play again. His vertebrae are fused for crying out loud, to be claiming anything as "low risk" with Peyton Manning is very irresponsible, in my opinion.

Denver better make a push for Mike Wallace because after Demariyus Thomas they have jack at receiver. I guess I just don't understand why he picked Denver. As a Niner fan, I was hoping he would just retire - did not want him in a SF uniform at any point during all of this and I surely don't want to see him laying on the field, crippled.

i am the only one that finds it really funny that Tebow has to be a backup QB now

He was a backup as a freshman in college, he was a backup as a rookie in the NFL. Not sure what's funny about him being a backup?

#25 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• 2,662 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:43

Routine was an admiditly poor word choice.

Well, those doctors vs. other doctors, who knows. Definitely conflicting information. I just know, I've got a wife and kid and wouldn't jack around with my safety in this scenario if I thought there was an risk. He's a smart guy, I trust he knows what he's doing.

#26 flynempire

flynempire

It's called the bat and yes Mr. Wayne it comes in black :)

• 600 posts
  • OS: Windows 7 Pro SP-1, Windows 8.1 (RT) Android 4.1.2 Windows 8.1 Up1
  • Phone: Samsung Exhibit (Latest Model)

Posted 20 March 2012 - 15:04

You guys have some serious damage control to do now. 49ers may be the ones this year SoL at the QB position after this fiasco.

You are correct :/

#27 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 18:19

Problem is with Tebow, is he is a left handed, running quarterback. That is a red flag for nearly every team right now, as most teams build up their left side to accommodate their QB. Tebow is in a bad situation now.... Maybe the Eagles will grab him? :p That is the only team currently fit for his playstyle.

Ain't it the truth! Poor Vick, I like the Eagles, and I like Vick. They could go the double QB route, and have Vick and Tebow swap out. It'll work for one season, as other teams try and figure out WTF to do against them. But just like the 11-5 2009 Dolphins running the Wildcat, teams will and do figure it out by next season, so they would have to make a mad dash for the SB. I could see it happening, especially with Vince Young there to throw the longball.

Dungy: Reid has to 'think about' landing Tebow

With the Peyton Manning circus wrapped, we shift gears to something even more surreal: Tebow Watch 2012.
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that five teams have inquired about Tebow's services, and while the names of those teams remain shrouded in mystery, NBC NFL analyst Tony Dungy has a feeling about one Tebow suitor:

The Philadelphia Eagles, a logical fit for Tebow in the mind of the former Colts coach.
"Left-handed guy. Same offense. Mobile quarterback," Dungy told the Dan Patrick show on Tuesday.. "As much as Mike (Vick) has been hurt, if you're Andy Reid, you probably have to look at it, and think about it."

Source
Me and Dungy think alike. :shifty:

#28 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 18:26

you are not, tim tebow shouldn't even be allowed on an NFL field.

Reports are saying he will be wearing his #16 from when he played for the University of Tennessee ;) Great news for us but I really hope Tebow stays around because he is the future of the team because Manning only has a few good years left in him.

hahahahahahhaha no he doesn't... no offence, that's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard and the guy you think he will become like hates him.

he is a breakdown of how badly he sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9R7vd78q1A

here is a demonstration of how a real quarterback throws compared to a crap one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kLV7xcqIHQ

#29 vincent

vincent

Neowinian Senior

• 21,227 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 18:30

They screwed Tebow over...

#30 Perfect72

Perfect72