This game is the truth!

If you enjoyed the original Bioshock, you'll LOVE this game.

It's the closest game to it I can think of. Hehe, bioshock with a pinch of assassins creed :D

I'm going through it on my 360 :shiftyninja: but have it already pre-purchased/loaded on steam.

Can't wait to play it on PC.

For those interested, You can get it at greenmangaming.com for $45 with code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN

Edit:

Wow, I'm just now seeing all the reviews. Superb all around!

It's the closest game to it I can think of. Hehe, bioshock with a pinch of assassins creed :D

I actually didn't like the Bioshock series.....99% of that is due to the whole horror aspect (the horror genre no matter the medium is not my cup of tea), but I absolutely love stealth based games though (entire splinter cell series and the many other stealth games I've forgotten the names of.....MGS when I had my old playstation) and the abilities just seem cool/fun.

That being said, from everything I've read about I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow. They need to release more games in the action-adventure/stealth genre.

This game looks refreshing and fun, which is a plus these days.

Just per-ordered and will get it in couple days. Which is enough time for me to finish the 4th episode of the walking dead.. perfect timing!

This game is the truth!

I'm going through it on my 360 :shiftyninja: but have it already pre-purchased/loaded on steam.

Can't wait to play it on PC.

For those interested, You can get it at greenmangaming.com for $45 with code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN

Edit:

Wow, I'm just now seeing all the reviews. Superb all around!

Thank you, just purchased. Was going to wait at $60 but at $45 I'm all in. Really hope I enjoy it, been looking forward to this one.

In my ignorance and excitment, I ran down to the store and shouted.

''Three copies of Dishonored. Be quick about it''.

And he said, they'll be here on 24th.

:( :s :cry:

Does anyone know anything about the performace on PC?

It runs fine on my system. While that might not seem much help to you given my specs you'd be surprised, as poorly optimised games usually struggle at 2560x1600. I'm enjoying it so far but I've only played an hour so far (XCOM: Enemy Unknown released the same time so I'm torn between them both, as well as still playing Borderlands 2).

On Xbox 360, but got it, enjoying ot a lot. Taking the "do not kill anyone" for my first time through time for the challenge and achievements. Loving the various routes I keep finding and ways to dispose of bodies too, option wise. All this fun and I dont have a single power yet :D

Taking the "do not kill anyone" for my first time through time for the challenge and achievements.

I tried that approach, first takedown I didn't know I had to hold the button, so I grabbed the guy and let go. Panicked as he moved to attack me and hit the attack button (while still in sneak mode) and shoved my dagger through his neck.......I'm a horrible pacifist.

Might restart, there have been a few times I've mistakenly broken stealth and couldn't escape the guys without killing them (once I was passing overhead and though I was sneaking but wasn't, so they heard the noise and started throwing rocks at me).

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't seem to go one group of people without killing someone. I can't for the life of me get around stealthy like, it's rather annoying actually since I know the game rewards you for it in the ending (chaos level or something like that) and I assume the new game plus or whatever version they have of it.

I was never a fan of stealth games in general, so maybe that's why. My play style is obviously aggressive but, can I please go on a ledge and not spook hoodlums in the street!?! :D

I got through the first level without killing anyone, but it was kind of boring. I want to decapitate people! Be an angel of death! So I am right at the start of the second level and may just do a combo of stealth when I can and killing when I have to.

I kind of wish the FOV was bigger but I'm sure that there will be a tweak soon. I looked at the config files but I am afraid of breaking something.

I got through the first level without killing anyone, but it was kind of boring. I want to decapitate people! Be an angel of death! So I am right at the start of the second level and may just do a combo of stealth when I can and killing when I have to.

I kind of wish the FOV was bigger but I'm sure that there will be a tweak soon. I looked at the config files but I am afraid of breaking something.

This sorts the FOV

http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-how-to-customize-dishonored-s-fov-even-more-236377.phtml

Hopefully in a patch they will make the value higher. As the fix isn't the most practical way as you have to press F4 everytime you load the game.

I know it's DX9, which is why I'm holding off on it.

I'll buy it eventually.

How can it be DX9 if it won't work under XP? Minimum requirements are Vista and 7, which leads me to believe it would have to be DX10, unless there's something I'm missing.

How can it be DX9 if it won't work under XP? Minimum requirements are Vista and 7, which leads me to believe it would have to be DX10, unless there's something I'm missing.

The fact that dx9 games play fine in Vista and 7?

If you can find any info saying otherwise anywhere on the internet, fantastic. I can't.

In DishonoredEngine.ini there is an entry:

AllowD3D10=False

So what happens if you set that to true? I'm guessing nothing particularly good comes out of it (no better performance or quality), but it would be interesting to check out.

Nothing, usually. If the game doesn't support DX10 it will simply not have the shaders for it. The engine can support whatever it likes, but without the shaders coded in it won't matter.