Elementary

• 3 weeks later...

Full Season Pickup

CBS has given back-nine orders to freshman drama Elementary and Vegas, bringing their freshman seasons to a full-season 22 episodes each.

Yup, it's an excellent contrast to Moffat's Sherlock (also great), and actually translates to American style TV really well. Looking forward to the full 22.

I'm watching. It's my favorite show of the fall debuts. It's not as good as the BBC one (which is expected since that one is AMAZING & this one is developed to appeal to an american audience) but it's still very interesting and a breath of fresh air into the genius detective genre. The theme last year was fairy tales (Grimm, Once Upon a Time) and this year is genius detective (Perception also debuted but it sucks). It nice seeing new shows because most of the "old" ones have totally stagnated in their storylines and/or totally jumped the shark (Mentalist, Psych, Bones, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...
Elementary will air after the Super Bowl this coming February, it has been announced.

CBS confirmed on Monday (November 5) that its modern-day Sherlock Holmes drama has been granted the coveted post-game slot.

Elementary stars Jonny Lee Miller as Holmes and Lucy Liu as Dr Joan Watson, with the setting of the detective stories transposed to contemporary New York City.

The show recently had its season extended to 22 episodes from 13, and is CBS's second-highest rating new show.

Its viewing figures went up by 9% last Thursday, giving it a Nielsen score of 2.4 among the 18-49 demographic.

NBC used the Super Bowl this year to launch its second season of The Voice, while Glee aired in the post-game slot for Fox after super Bowl XLV in 2010.

Super Bowl XLVII takes place on Sunday, February 3, 2013 in New Orleans.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s205/elementary/news/a435926/elementary-granted-coveted-post-super-bowl-slot-by-cbs.html?rss

I'm still watching as well, I like the new spin on things and the changes they've made to the characters.

• 2 weeks later...
Episode 1.11 of Elementary will be called "M.".

M," is a sadistic serial killer from Sherlock's past, who appears to have resurfaced in New York..

:woot:

I watched the first two episodes of this but could not really get into it

but reading your guys comments it might be worth a second watch

• 1 month later...

Moriarty time! :D

Yeah, finally. Things should get even more interesting now. I can't wait to see how things play out for this first season.

• 4 months later...