Dubstep music: A new trend for video game trailers?

It's breaching our gaming soundtracks as well.. Play Street Fighter X Tekken. There's at least one Dumstep track in there... and yes, I misspelled that on purpose. :)

I actually like dubstep music but I don't think it fits in well with most games. I prefer "epic" music like Heart of Courage by Two Steps from Hell in video game trailers. It was used in the launch trailer for Mass Effect 2 (

).

I wasn't a fan of dubstep music before it was popular but I still prefer the good stuff. It seems like some popular artists are just throwing in the "wobble" bass line to give their music a dubstep flavour (and only because dubstep recently became popular in North America [see: brostep]).

Agree with you there, also "Protectors of the Earth - Two Steps from Hell" [aptly named as well] which was used for ME3 trailer (and parts of it for the beginning of the game) is equally epic. I don't really care what or who does the music, if it works then it works and I'm all for it. I try not to get caught in thinking too much about what it all means or whatever because that just destroys it.

Uhm... No.

Glassed Silver:mac

Correction, meant contemporary art. Either way it was merely an example, not my opinion.

Correction, meant contemporary art. Either way it was merely an example, not my opinion.

Again, wrong.

I actually like dubstep music but I don't think it fits in well with most games. I prefer "epic" music like Heart of Courage by Two Steps from Hell in video game trailers. It was used in the launch trailer for Mass Effect 2 (
).

Epic music is still better but i guess some dubstep tunes are nice too.

I don't care for it as much as other types in the Electronica genre. Not as much as Trance (armin,atb,push/mike,etc) or Hands-Up (bass-t,master blaster,jens-o,etc) . Some dubstep songs are cool. However, I'm not crazy about it or anything...

Examples of what I listen to are the following compilations (best examples):

Future trance

Trance voices

Dream dance

Trance the vocal sessions

A state of trance

Remixland

Clubland

Clubland X-treme hardcore

Ultimate NRG

Hard dance mania

DJ networx

That's funny... I've never seen a "new" dubstepper hate on an old (original) one.

I just haven't.

Maybe it's happening and that would be just bad, but it doesn't seem to be a common issue?

Me either. My nephew is heavily in the dubstep scene and he says it rarely happens. He remixes old stuff all the time too.

To be fair, it hasn't been as popular in the US as it is has been in the UK where it originated until recently.

More recognition? It's been heavily mainstream for at least 2 years now!

Since you seem to know the genre well and are able to tell that Flux Pavillion and Skrillex are ****, I'd like to know what you consider to be good dubstep, if any exists.

Well they can't just play Beatles for every game trailer now can they, it might seem a bit out of place for something like Far Cry.. however it would be trippy as hell.

Only a matter of time until Dubstep Rockband is released...

Since you seem to know the genre well and are able to tell that Flux Pavillion and Skrillex are ****, I'd like to know what you consider to be good dubstep, if any exists.

skrillex and flux are dope... and i am saying this a a huge dubstep fan. i think they are awesome. a couple of mis hit tracks (everyone does that) but i like'em.

anyways...

This is one of my favorite tracks, I constantly return to it if ever in a crappy mood :D

Dubstep is worse than rap man. Complete ****.

My ass makes better music while on the toilet than any dubstep.

All genres have good, great, and awful stuff.. discover your own favourites and don't paint tar it all with the same brush

All genres have good, great, and awful stuff.. discover your own favourites and don't paint tar it all with the same brush

wubwubwub for an entire track or a good portion of it isn't what i'd exactly call good or appealing. :/

wubwubwub for an entire track or a good portion of it isn't what i'd exactly call good or appealing. :/

well, the track i posted 3 posts up doesn't have a single wub. granted it does lean towards 2-step/garage but at it's core the bpm and drum loops i think allow me to call it dbustep :)

older style dubstep is very beautiful.. the stuff coming from a lot of the producers now is very hard an aggressive. i'm not 100% if i like it, but some of it is relatively entertaining.

**** it HARDSTYLE OR HANDS-UP IS WHERE IT';S AT

MASTER BLASTER!!!!!

(I love the pic in that LMAO XD Sexayyyy)

Bass-T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite tracks, I constantly return to it if ever in a crappy mood :D

Not sure if I would rate that as dubstep or not?.. Good either way and hadn't heard it before.

All this Skrillex hate, if you where a DJ and could sell out like him and tour and make that kind of money you would do it in a heartbeat I know I would. Seen him live a few times, recently at Future with 60,000 people... he makes a great enviroment when he's playing regardless anyone views on his music and how mainstream it is.

Sorry to have to point it out but some of these contributions aren't dubstep at all.

assuming you mean the chap that posted 3 hardcore tracks, haha ;)