Dubstep music: A new trend for video game trailers?

ha ha i posted that as somethin better than dubstep lol

I was amused when I bought Ridge Racer Unbounded and it had Skrillex tracks haha

It actually works well for the game, even if I'd never listen to it outside of it.

I feel the same way about Deadmaus...good game music, terrible outside of it. How he's so popular I can't even get my head around, but then I like Infected Mushroom myself (who is apparently trying some dubstep on their next album.)

I doubt I'll ever get into dubstep but I don't mind tracks of any genre if they're done well, so we'll see.

Since you seem to know the genre well and are able to tell that Flux Pavillion and Skrillex are ****, I'd like to know what you consider to be good dubstep, if any exists.

Snow Patrol - What If The Storm Ends (Aaron Static Remix)

Sadly, it is one of the few dubsteb tracks that I like. Everything else I've heard has been either filled with vomiting or farting.

I don't care for it as much as other types in the Electronica genre. Not as much as Trance (armin,atb,push/mike,etc) or Hands-Up (bass-t,master blaster,jens-o,etc) . Some dubstep songs are cool. However, I'm not crazy about it or anything...

I mostly listen to trance, but this crap that they have been pulling lately has been utterly terrible, especially the ones that label themselves as trance producers, but pay other people to produce in their name (Armin is your best example, Beno does most (if not all) of his producing work), and call their music 'trance' when they are doing it at 128 or 130 bpm.

Oh, and I've also heard somebody calling Avicii a trance producer... Seriouly, people are that stupid?

Really... tell me more about this armin stuff...

Thing is though tons of styles are all blending. I've even heard this new genrecalled RockTronica and JES is an example of that.

I've even seen Hardcore/Gabber with some Trance mixed in.

And I really still like ATB though.... I loooovveeee his stuff! and MIKE/Push is amazing.

Thing is the older "Dream" stuff is harder to make these days and it's harder to get the calming insipration to make that.

The best for more pure stuff is Trance the Vocal Sessions, Global DJ Broadcast, A State Of Trance, Pumping Trance, etc...

Markus Schulz is one that is recommended.

I was amused when I bought Ridge Racer Unbounded and it had Skrillex tracks haha

It actually works well for the game, even if I'd never listen to it outside of it.

I feel the same way about Deadmaus...good game music, terrible outside of it. How he's so popular I can't even get my head around, but then I like Infected Mushroom myself (who is apparently trying some dubstep on their next album.)

I doubt I'll ever get into dubstep but I don't mind tracks of any genre if they're done well, so we'll see.

me and my avatar are going to get you :|

Really... tell me more about this armin stuff...

Thing is though tons of styles are all blending. I've even heard this new genrecalled RockTronica and JES is an example of that.

I've even seen Hardcore/Gabber with some Trance mixed in.

And I really still like ATB though.... I loooovveeee his stuff! and MIKE/Push is amazing.

Thing is the older "Dream" stuff is harder to make these days and it's harder to get the calming insipration to make that.

The best for more pure stuff is Trance the Vocal Sessions, Global DJ Broadcast, A State Of Trance, Pumping Trance, etc...

Markus Schulz is one that is recommended.

also you should check out DJ Eco, he seems right up your alley. my fave DJ ever right now (it used to be tiesto, but he sold out). straight trance. jersey boy too.

I mostly listen to trance, but this crap that they have been pulling lately has been utterly terrible, especially the ones that label themselves as trance producers, but pay other people to produce in their name (Armin is your best example, Beno does most (if not all) of his producing work), and call their music 'trance' when they are doing it at 128 or 130 bpm.

Oh, and I've also heard somebody calling Avicii a trance producer... Seriouly, people are that stupid?

honestly, real trance doesn't really exist anymore. you have a few guys who stick to their roots, but that's about it. but lately it's just been a mish mash of trance with house, electronic, dub etc etc

also you should check out DJ Eco, he seems right up your alley. my fave DJ ever right now (it used to be tiesto, but he sold out). straight trance.

Eco's great!

Tonight is Forever is one of my favorite tracks ever done.

Eco's great!

Tonight is Forever is one of my favorite tracks ever done.

like a waterfall remix he did of solarstone's. unreal. the modest mouse hotel remix, crazy good. borealis or and we flew away may be my all time fave tracks. his cd (m(you)sic) was the best trance cd in years IMO that came out last year. Breakfast, soundprank, andrew bayer, arnej. North America has some great trance DJs that don't get the credit they deserve.

Cool! Thanks for the recommendation rajput!!!!

Tiesto is allright but I don't care for the fact he remixed britney and justin's tracks though.

But really my music tastes are very different. I appreciate many parts of the Electronica scene. I am even listening to Clubland X-treme Hardcore 8 right now and It's growing on me quick! Lots of people hated it and I was reluctant to actually buy it but I did and I actually like most of the songs I've heard so far. It is very fast but not fast enough to make your blood pressure go too wacky.

I'm in no way a music snob though... I will not close myself off like most do in the scene. I have different playlists for different days... lately the backdrop hasn't been the best for the epic trance stuff (I play it when it's rainy, dark and calm) so I mostly play the Future Trance, the remixland, the hardbass, the hard dance mania, the clubland/x-treme hardcore/HTID,and dream dance at night.

Here's something for you:

Enjoy!

Anyways, back on topic, I dislike the use of dubstep, especially the dubstep that seems to be popular today, in games. I want to hear something inspiring or something that makes you fear for your life, not crap like today's dubstep.

honestly, real trance doesn't really exist anymore. you have a few guys who stick to their roots, but that's about it. but lately it's just been a mish mash of trance with house, electronic, dub etc etc

Yea, I know, and I really don't like that. I don't mind adding progressive sounds, orchestral sounds, uplifting sounds, melancholic sounds, basically anything that gives you emotion, but please, keep your farting sounds out of trance. There is no point calling the genre 'trance', since I doubt people fall into trance by hearing robotic sounds or just some layered out percussions that make no melodic sense or even give you the feeling of you being taken away on a journey or whatever.

This needs a seperate post to not be so hectic but I mostly have my "setup" for the following:

start off to remixland in the early morning then shift to Clubland in the morning-noon and play mostly that till about 4PM then switch to clubland x-treme hardcore till the sun goes down....

then once that hits it's the future trance tracks till about 2-3 hours before I got to bed, then the last 3 hours are tracks from dream dance...

I have rotation playlists that have 50 tracks of each compilation and broken down into days and moods.

It keeps a nice balance of music and it's great for drowining the annoying mower and car noises outside and also makes me feel good.

Now on darker calmer days I drop the clubland and x-treme stuff and replace it with ASOT,Trance voices, and Global DJ Broadcast, and any other comp I feel like playing...

I play what fits the vibe of the house at the moment as well... when I'm a bit angry (I am a bit today) I mainly play the clubland x-treme stuff.... it helps a lot!!!

Could this be the game trailer that started the trend? It was uploaded on November 30th, 2011. The dubstep music starts at 23s.