Photoshop CS6 Beta Now Available on Adobe Labs

Photoshop CS6 Beta Now Available on Adobe Labs

First Major Release since April 2010 Packed with New Features and Huge Performance Enhancements

SAN JOSE, Calif. ? March 22, 2012 ? Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe? Photoshop? CS6 beta, a preview of what?s to come in the next release of the industry standard in digital imaging, is available as a free download from Adobe Labs. Customers can download the beta, try out the experience and provide feedback to the product team. Packed with groundbreaking new innovations,featuresand incredible performance enhancements, Photoshop CS6 beta is available for the Mac OS and Microsoft? Windows? platforms. The final release is expected in the first half of 2012.

?Photoshop CS6 will be a milestone release that pushes the boundaries of imaging innovation with incredible speed and performance,? said Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Creative Media Solutions, Adobe. ?We couldn?t wait to share this beta of Photoshop CS6 with our customers and are looking forward to hearing from them and seeing the ways they are incorporating the beta into their daily creative workflows.?

New Features in Photoshop CS6 Beta

Photoshop CS6 beta demonstrates Adobe?s focus on huge performance enhancements, imaging magic and creativity tools that offer customers a new experience in digital imaging. Key features include new additions to the Content-Aware tools: Content-Aware Patch allows greater control by letting users select and duplicate an area of an image to fill in or ?patch? another, and Content-Aware Move lets users select and magically move an object to a new place in the image.

In addition, the Photoshop CS6 beta offers all the features of Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended, such as new 3D editing features and quantitative imaging analysis capabilities. These features will be included in the shipping version of Photoshop CS6 Extended when it becomes available.

Pricing and Availability

The Photoshop CS6 beta is available immediately as a free download in English and Japanese. At installation, users will be required to provide an Adobe ID to complete a one-time login and online product activation. For information on how to install Photoshop CS6 beta, visit www.adobe.com/go/photoshopcs6. Customers can submit feedback via the Photoshop CS6 beta forum. Users can also connect with the Photoshop team via the community-powered site; on Facebook; YouTube; Photoshop.com blog; or via Twitter.

Adobe Photoshop Family

Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Extended are at the heart of the Photoshop family, joined by solutions for users at every level who want to bring out the best in their digital images either at home, in the office or on the go. Coupled with Adobe Photoshop, the recently released Adobe Photoshop Lightroom? 4 addresses the workflow needs of amateur and professional photographers, helping them create, manage and showcase images in impactful ways. Adobe Photoshop Elements provides consumers with powerful yet easy-to-use tools that organize, edit, create and share photos memories. For mobile devices, the Adobe Photoshop Touch app transforms images with core Photoshop features custom-built for tablets; and Photoshop Express is a free app for simple photo fixes and enhancements, and sharing to social networks.

About Adobe Systems Incorporated

Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.

Source: Adobe Press Release

Download: Adobe Photoshop CS6 beta

New Photoshop, now with added DRM (see emphasised bit above).

Anyone know whether this release included the unblur tool presented on MIX '11?

Glassed Silver:mac

I didn't find it.

Afaik it's a plugin, so maybe look in there?

Or is it separately downloadable?

DAMN, I want this tool so much!

I'd like to fix some photos of friends who messed up with their cameras or old pictures of me that are a pain in my eyes being the photo enthusiast I am! :D

Afaik it's a plugin, so maybe look in there?

Or is it separately downloadable?

DAMN, I want this tool so much!

I'd like to fix some photos of friends who messed up with their cameras or old pictures of me that are a pain in my eyes being the photo enthusiast I am! :D

So the Unblur feature would fix the shaky image??

So the Unblur feature would fix the shaky image??

Yes.

Check this out: Clicky!

No Unblur...

Ah crap...

It'd be awesome if Apple and Adobe would come to an agreement to provide this feature in Aperture 4, that'd be awesome.

I don't really fancy doing much external editing in Aperture, I like to stick to internal functions.

Not the biggest plugin fan either...

But I think it's pretty unlikely... :/

Thanks for the heads up. Going to check this out now at work.

I really like this version but i have one problem though. :)

When i create a shape there is a grey outline of the shape that shows the path of the shape and i can't get rid of that line by just pressing on the layer.

The only way to remove it is to rasterize the shape.

Here is what i mean below.

The 2 buttons have the same exact layer effect on them but the 1st one is still a shape so it is scalable to any size but it has this grey line that make hard to see the outline and the inner show from the layer styles.

The 2nd button is a raster image so the line is not there.

2n20div.jpg

I instantly noticed this shape-outline thing... It's really annoying. Easiest way to hide the outline is to press cmd+H (ctrl+H) to hide/show all extras.

In previous versions, the outline went away if I clicked on the shape layer in the layers panel. Is there a way (setting) to get back this behavior?

• Like 1

I know for sure that I will not be picking this up (as i still owe on my last version) but its nice to see the updates to the Content aware features.

Instabuy for me just because of the pixel snapping. It's ridiculous that it's taken them so long to get it right, but at least it's finally here.

When i create a shape there is a grey outline of the shape that shows the path of the shape and i can't get rid of that line by just pressing on the layer.

You should be able to hide the outline by unchecking Extras in the View menu (mapped to Command+H in OS X). That's what I've always had to do.

Shape outlining doesn't go away when you select a different layer? That would be annoying.

No, it does. He has the shape layer selected.

Instabuy for me just because of the pixel snapping. It's ridiculous that it's taken them so long to get it right, but at least it's finally here.

You should be able to hide the outline by unchecking Extras in the View menu (mapped to Command+H in OS X). That's what I've always had to do.

No, it does. He has the shape layer selected.

I know that but when i use the ruler lines i don't want the to hide.

Downloading it for the Mac as we speak.

The biggest feature I am waiting for right now is "Have only one icon in the /Applications/ folder called Photoshop.app". I?ll know in a few minutes if I can keep dreaming or not.

You can keep dreaming... maybe for ever :D

That?s what I thought. :/

I can?t believe Apple put Adobe on the map by investing so much in them, and they?re so disrespectful towards Mac users, for instance by not following OS X interface guidelines and by implementing crucial features like "entirely written in Cocoa" and "64-bit" a few years late.

• Like 1

Yeah the amount of junk Adobe CS dumps around your system is unbelievable.

Does Adobe CS6 use any of OS X Lion's new features? I think I can guess the answer to that though.

• Like 1