http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpUAFGqwiJY&feature=share

That is someone I can respect.

#332 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 15,705 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:30

ZING....!!!!

Spot on Alfonzo Rachel! Hit the situation right between the eyes.

#333 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 23:55

Maye if the media cause people to riot over this, their offices wil be the first to get torched.

#334 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 15,705 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:36

Start with MSNBC since they're the ones giving Al Sharpton a platform to spew his trash talk.

#335 jwjw1

jwjw1

Neowinian

• 4,415 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:40

A little bit on media vigilantism.....

http://www.nymag.com...call.html?imw=Y

NBC to Internally Investigate Misleading Segment on Zimmerman 911 Call

investigation complete and reveals egg on face :laugh:

NBC issues apology for edited Zimmerman 911 call

NBC News issued an apology Tuesday for the way it handled the broadcasting of the 911 conversation between George Zimmerman and a police dispatcher in the Trayvon Martin case.

Following reports that NBC aired audio of the call was edited in a way that implied Zimmerman was racist, the network launched an internal investigation.

"During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers," the network said in a statement cited by The Washington Post.
NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher, seeming to show Zimmerman saying, "This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

Read More:

#336 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,054 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:53

This

wow, I totally like this dude.

#337 suprNOVA

suprNOVA

devSquad

• 692 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note III

Posted 04 April 2012 - 17:18

stand your ground is a great law as is the castle doctrine. Was it misapplied in this case? Probably. But the idea behind it is fundamentally correct.

I agree with you. I understand that Stand Your Ground can be a useful Law, but there must be more restrictions in place and maybe should be re-evaluated/re-considered. I am not saying this because I am against it, but because now the government of Florida is going to be heavily scrutinized by the media and public until something can be resolved.

#338 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 15,705 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 17:22

Michigan's has a good balance - there is an initial assumption of justification, but a mandatory full review by the county prosecutor - not the city's - and they can call in the State Police crime lab if they need extra forensic resources

ABC has been caught editing too - this time of the video upthread.. Seems they cut out >3 minutes (the full version is ~6 minutes) showing the cops examining the wounds on Zimmerman's head. No apology from them, yet, even though their reporters said they couldn't see wounds since the start.

Oopsie....

#339 libertas83

libertas83

Neowinian

• 748 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:23

CNN has enhanced the audio even more and isolated the supposed racial slur. It doesn't sound anything like the slur to me and it sounds like is is saying it's "f*** cold". Listen and decide for yourself.

http://www.theblaze....cial-slur-used/

#340 jwjw1

jwjw1

Neowinian

• 4,415 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:30

CNN has enhanced the audio even more and isolated the supposed racial slur. It doesn't sound anything like the slur to me and it sounds like is is saying it's "f*** cold". Listen and decide for yourself.

http://www.theblaze....cial-slur-used/

I wonder if al sharpton is smelling some DUKE! :rofl:

#341 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,233 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:58

True words !!!

Also, people should be brought to the court are the media also. They are playing with people life for their own benefits.

This

#342 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,795 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:11

True words !!!

Also, people should be brought to the court are the media also. They are playing with people life for their own benefits.

I completely disagree. The line between manipulation and lying in the media is grey and the last thing I want is the government fining or suing the media for stories it claims are untrue. This is what leads to government controlled media, which is far worse than corporate controlled media even though both are not generally objective.

#343 libertas83

libertas83

Neowinian

• 748 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:23

That is what libel and defammation laws are for. If Zimmerman is cleared in the investigation, then he could file a civil suit against the media and others for threatening his safety and destroying his reputation.

It wouldn't be the first time. In the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Bombings, the primary suspect was later cleared and he won a case against the media for hyping it so much.

The real problem for Zimmerman though is that a kid is dead so for him to try and go for a civil suit would probably paint a bigger target on his back as people will not like that. He especially should not go after the family. Now, a way around that is if he set up a special fund and signs off on any winnings from the suit to go the family and charity, that could help him.

#344 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 15,705 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:09

Yup. This has the smell of Olympic Bombing / Richard Jewell fiasco all over it.

If Zimmerman is cleared he has options as to how to sue the media: he coulf file a civil case in Florida; he could file a criminal lible case in Florida (Florida Statutes § 836.01-836.11); or he could file in the state(s) where each entity is headquartered - in many cases NY which only has the civil option.

Not certain if he could go to federal court.

#345 scratch42069

scratch42069

Neowinian

• 985 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 14:53

If only the democrats that pulled stunts on tv like the congressman that wore the hoodie and Obama for his little "If I had a son..." line could be included in a defamation and libel suit. They were every bit as responsible for the almost public lynching of Zimmerman as the media is.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!