Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

rumour Prey 2 Canceled?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

LOL That countdown is absolute bullsh*t, You really think a real publisher would make a horrible countdown like that!?

It would be some kind of flash thing that looked a lot more impressive.

Prey 2 is dead!

Posted

The countdown ended and nothing. It might take a while longer to appear but that's still a very bad way to build hype, regardless of its authenticity.

Posted

I'd be very surprised if that website was official.

Posted

I actually saw the site (probably a glitch), it's just screenshots, videos and interviews, a forum, etc. Also in their news page it says they have a petition for the game.

It's got nothing to do with the makers, it's a fan site.

It's also obviously some kind of CMS site, Joomla or something.

Posted

It's apparently the launch of a fan-site dedicated to Prey 2. Here is what the author had to say:

People are going to be very angry and they have a right to be.

For those who cannot currently access the site: It is a fansite. We never expected it to get the response it did. Sorry for the subterfuge.

"A couple of months ago, some Prey 2 fans hungry for news and concerned for Prey

Posted

LOL they added a ".alien.noire. will be open soon" graphic... Failtrain.

Posted

.alien.noire. will be open soon...

Terrible. Just terrible.

Posted

Wow. :/

Posted (edited)

hopefully there is some real news soon.

Edited by Knightwolf20024

Posted

RIP Prey2 :(

Posted

Prey was good, but seriously nothing to hype a sequal about considering how many alien FPS's we have today. Prey was just a Quake 4 with a cooler storyline imo. If a game dies, it's often for a good reason, just like Duke forever should have stayed dead.

Posted

Prey was good, but seriously nothing to hype a sequal about considering how many alien FPS's we have today. Prey was just a Quake 4 with a cooler storyline imo. If a game dies, it's often for a good reason, just like Duke forever should have stayed dead.

Which is the difference between a good game and a great game, storylines makes all the difference, if Bioshock didn't have the storyline it did, it wouldn't be half the game it was

Prey also brought in some neat game mechanics, portals, gravity floor, even the resurrection system was unique.

While I doubt they can meet expectations some people might have for a Prey 2, I welcome the chance to be disappointed or surprised, if we went around thinking, well this might suck, we better not make it

We'd have nothing.

Posted

Which is the difference between a good game and a great game, storylines makes all the difference, if Bioshock didn't have the storyline it did, it wouldn't be half the game it was

Prey also brought in some neat game mechanics, portals, gravity floor, even the resurrection system was unique.

While I doubt they can meet expectations some people might have for a Prey 2, I welcome the chance to be disappointed or surprised, if we went around thinking, well this might suck, we better not make it

We'd have nothing.

Yeah, Prey storyline was better than quake's. but to compare it with bioshock... wow!

Posted

Yeah, Prey storyline was better than quake's. but to compare it with bioshock... wow!

I think you misunderstood, I wasn't comparing Prey to Bioshock, I was saying that if Bioshock didn't have the story it did, it wouldn't be half the game it was

It would be like every other crappy FPS out there, possibly in line with Duke Nukem.