Am I being retarded or are there NO options to change controls and graphics?

CerN5.jpg

Edit: turns out the controls are hidden you have to open the Chronicle with O then click the picture of the gamepad then click the 2nd Scythe and tada control screen, simple :|

clearly you have no idea what you're talking about

been playing for about 4 hours and it's great fun

Because I prefer up-to-date execution and quality product? This level of execution is fitting to an indie budget game that would sell at 20-25 at launch and be discounted soon after.

Console port problem:

* No graphics configuration

- lead designer himself has admitted living in 2007 with his "current gen still has a lot of power". Then why don't you use it? Either you can't or it doesn't, neither speaks any good.

- contrary to popular thinking graphics options aren't just for leet gaming stations, it's for weak PCs, too - to be able to fluently play at their native resolution.

* No remapping of controls

- Oh, but there is - "hidden" instead of being where five nines of population expect it to be. How did that pass QA (that is - if there was any to begin with)?

- Due to this and on its own, tutorial must not be disabled - otherwise good luck finding which buttons to press.

This isn't a rage against consoles. There's quite a few good games. But they should stay there lest they want to become bad games.

And then - some of them just aren't good to begin with.

* Design problems

- Twenty bear asses

- Filler puzzles

- What little there is of RPG - been there, done that and done better

* Technical issues

- Camera

If that's your idea of fun, please don't feel bothered. But don't bother me with "you have no idea". If I don't like it then I don't - your idea of fun won't change my idea of it even at gunpoint.

* No problems

- Action part. Hi-ho, Spiderman. Not exactly my cup of tea, but that's why I also have nothing to object about.

- Jesper Kyd's soundtrack. It seems that he just can't do a bad soundtrack. Nails the theme.

- Death being an arse. Nails the character.

Because I prefer up-to-date execution and quality product? This level of execution is fitting to an indie budget game that would sell at 20-25 at launch and be discounted soon after.

Console port problem:

* No graphics configuration

- lead designer himself has admitted living in 2007 with his "current gen still has a lot of power". Then why don't you use it? Either you can't or it doesn't, neither speaks any good.

- contrary to popular thinking graphics options aren't just for leet gaming stations, it's for weak PCs, too - to be able to fluently play at their native resolution.

* No remapping of controls

- Oh, but there is - "hidden" instead of being where five nines of population expect it to be. How did that pass QA (that is - if there was any to begin with)?

- Due to this and on its own, tutorial must not be disabled - otherwise good luck finding which buttons to press.

This isn't a rage against consoles. There's quite a few good games. But they should stay there lest they want to become bad games.

And then - some of them just aren't good to begin with.

* Design problems

- Twenty bear asses

- Filler puzzles

- What little there is of RPG - been there, done that and done better

* Technical issues

- Camera

If that's your idea of fun, please don't feel bothered. But don't bother me with "you have no idea". If I don't like it then I don't - your idea of fun won't change my idea of it even at gunpoint.

* No problems

- Action part. Hi-ho, Spiderman. Not exactly my cup of tea, but that's why I also have nothing to object about.

- Jesper Kyd's soundtrack. It seems that he just can't do a bad soundtrack. Nails the theme.

- Death being an arse. Nails the character.

Funny how your the only one to think this, not to mention most of what youve written feels like the ramblings of someone whos not played the game but is basing there opinion on the bandwagon, tho in this case i think you got on the wrong wagon.

Funny how your the only one to think this, not to mention most of what youve written feels like the ramblings of someone whos not played the game but is basing there opinion on the bandwagon, tho in this case i think you got on the wrong wagon.

No, I am not. There's, for instance, IGN review. It got 7.5 and that's just for PS3 version. Add PC port problems and down the crapper it goes. For AAA price I require AAA quality.

It seems that lately if someone states anything else than "OMG! IT'S FULL OF STARS!", it terribly aggros all fanbois and they feel obliged to immediately attack poster with every stupid rule from the troll book - you're the only one, everyone loves, you haven't played, you don't understand. To what I say - I do not care, I have stated my thoughts - retort that argument with how my experience could be improved or don't even bother to begin with.

While the game looks colorful and pretty... I just can't get into the hype about it. It just seems so blah... maybe its the played out mechanics... but I just can't see myself buying this game.

While the game looks colorful and pretty... I just can't get into the hype about it. It just seems so blah... maybe its the played out mechanics... but I just can't see myself buying this game.

if u ever played Darksiders 1 u would never say that

if u ever played Darksiders 1 u would never say that

Played and beat it. Got boring at the end for me. Some people want something sort of new in games, and not just rehashed gimmicks used in almost every other game. The story alone just couldn't keep me interested enough.

I feel the same way about the new GoW coming out. Seems cool, but at the same time, very "done already". If multiplayer isn't interesting and the story not twisty and compelling, I don't see myself staying interested through it. Darksiders story is not all that great, though the lore is sort of. But just not enough there in my opinion.

Maybe its the whole "been gaming for 20+ years" thing, but a lot of games are having a hard time holding my attention.

Im enjoying the game and to an extent I understand the PC gamers gripes but I've just come to accept that most developers now build the game for consoles and backport it and the pc gamers get screwed over. Not much to be done about it, the developers arent going to stop porting them where possible because the cost of porting is miniscule vs the additional market for profit. So essentially PC gamers need to be on their toes or just get a console.

Not to say there arent cross platform games out there that meet the pc gamers standards but I think they are few and far between now.

No, I am not. There's, for instance, IGN review. It got 7.5 and that's just for PS3 version. Add PC port problems and down the crapper it goes. For AAA price I require AAA quality.

It seems that lately if someone states anything else than "OMG! IT'S FULL OF STARS!", it terribly aggros all fanbois and they feel obliged to immediately attack poster with every stupid rule from the troll book - you're the only one, everyone loves, you haven't played, you don't understand. To what I say - I do not care, I have stated my thoughts - retort that argument with how my experience could be improved or don't even bother to begin with.

Away n play with the traffic, course you might need to climb down off that high horse to get near the traffic.

You couldnt do any better so this elitist, looking down your nose, im not touching this as it dont meet my high criteria nonsense holds about as much water as a colander.

I didn't think much of the original Darksiders, it felt a bit loose, but this game looks like a massive improvement. So I will buy.

• 3 weeks later...

I think yahtzee helped me decide to not bother with this game. He seems to portray the game with the same feeling I felt about the first. While interesting at first, the game is just too boring and long for everything to stay interesting. I don't want a game that will seem like a chore at the end, just because it has been dragging on and on.

Currently playing this one, really enjoyed the first Darksiders but didnt get 100% completion just completed the game and think i started hard mode if i remember right thens tarted another game...

Out of the two i think so far i prefer Darksiders 1 though, 2 is growing on me more and more when im not stuck like i am in "The Scar" where i kill one lot of enemies, followed by the second lot then have another two bigger boss enemies spawn and just as im doing well something happens like i end up in the lava start to re-spawn and then die because while re-spawning i get hit and yup im dead! lol Think i need to level up once more im only level 11 maybe i should go over to The Tree of Live area for abit as i unlocked that.

Just wondered is it just me that is unable to use any wrath potions? (i dont have my xbox connected to live so i dont know if this was a bug). Ive not been able to use one wrath potion thoughout the whole game and every thread i see is on about demise scythe, but i dont have it never mind use it. really annoying me, specially when yout ment to fight one boss after another and you have no health potions left.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who hasn't got this game yet.

Steam are doing a THQ sale and its 50% off the entire catalogue, including Darksiders II!!

You can pick up Darksiders 2 + the two released DLCs + Season Pass for ?23.

If you're not bothered about that, the game on its own is ?12.49!

Absolute bargain, especially for people who were on the fence about this game

http://store.steampowered.com/