official darksider 2 pc ps3 xbox 360 wii-u gmaing rpg

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,645 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:26

I am really looking forward to this game.
I just watch the giantbomb video and the developers said the first world is probably as big as the entire first game!
Of course that is exaggerated but even if it is half that, it is still massive.

Darksiders II, Sleeping Dogs and Tales of Graces F. Good month for gaming.

#17 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,475 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:47

I am really looking forward to this game.
I just watch the giantbomb video and the developers said the first world is probably as big as the entire first game!
Of course that is exaggerated but even if it is half that, it is still massive.

Darksiders II, Sleeping Dogs and Tales of Graces F. Good month for gaming.

You forgot Guild Wars 2 and Dark Souls for the pc as well. Good month for pc gaming.

#18 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:23

#19 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 19:48

#20 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

• 1,742 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:37

pre-loaded and ready to go.

#21 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,169 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 14 August 2012 - 13:33

http://www.ausgamers...iders-2/review/

for those not playing yet

#22 Draken

Draken

Neowinian Un-Wise One

• 1,575 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Razr HD

Posted 14 August 2012 - 19:31

Gametrailers Review

Can't wait to play it :woot:

#23 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• 5,172 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:49

Bland port of carelessly misdesigned bland console game of the year award.

#24 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,127 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:56

Actually, all reviews I have seen so far have given it very positive comments. I guess the PC is a terrible port. But then I'd argue that that is always the case with console games ported to the PC, so you should have learned by now.

I enjoyed the first game. Apparently this one is more of the same, but improved in almost every way. I'm definitely going to check it out.

#25 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 14,842 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 17:31

I might get this game. I've heard that the combat amounts to mashing the same button over-and-over. Videos of the combat system look very Devil May Cry-like. So I dunno how long I can play until I'm bored...

Actually, all reviews I have seen so far have given it very positive comments. I guess the PC is a terrible port. But then I'd argue that that is always the case with console games ported to the PC, so you should have learned by now.

I enjoyed the first game. Apparently this one is more of the same, but improved in almost every way. I'm definitely going to check it out.

For me, when I hear its a console port then I know that my 5 year old PC might run it OK :).

#26 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,612 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 17:45

Am I being retarded or are there NO options to change controls and graphics?
Posted Image

Edit: turns out the controls are hidden you have to open the Chronicle with O then click the picture of the gamepad then click the 2nd Scythe and tada control screen, simple :|

#27 (Spork)

(Spork)

ANDROID-APPLE

• 4,782 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 20:40

clearly you have NO IDEA what your talking about

been playing about 4 hours and its great fun

#28 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• 5,172 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 23:35

clearly you have no idea what you're talking about

been playing for about 4 hours and it's great fun

Because I prefer up-to-date execution and quality product? This level of execution is fitting to an indie budget game that would sell at 20-25 at launch and be discounted soon after.

Console port problem:
* No graphics configuration
- lead designer himself has admitted living in 2007 with his "current gen still has a lot of power". Then why don't you use it? Either you can't or it doesn't, neither speaks any good.
- contrary to popular thinking graphics options aren't just for leet gaming stations, it's for weak PCs, too - to be able to fluently play at their native resolution.
* No remapping of controls
- Oh, but there is - "hidden" instead of being where five nines of population expect it to be. How did that pass QA (that is - if there was any to begin with)?
- Due to this and on its own, tutorial must not be disabled - otherwise good luck finding which buttons to press.

This isn't a rage against consoles. There's quite a few good games. But they should stay there lest they want to become bad games.
And then - some of them just aren't good to begin with.

* Design problems
- Twenty bear asses
- Filler puzzles
- What little there is of RPG - been there, done that and done better

* Technical issues
- Camera

If that's your idea of fun, please don't feel bothered. But don't bother me with "you have no idea". If I don't like it then I don't - your idea of fun won't change my idea of it even at gunpoint.

* No problems
- Action part. Hi-ho, Spiderman. Not exactly my cup of tea, but that's why I also have nothing to object about.
- Jesper Kyd's soundtrack. It seems that he just can't do a bad soundtrack. Nails the theme.
- Death being an arse. Nails the character.

#29 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,475 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 23:57

So basically it has the same technical issues the first one has, is what you're saying? No big surprise there and not a reasons to not enjoy the game imo.

#30 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,125 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:47

Because I prefer up-to-date execution and quality product? This level of execution is fitting to an indie budget game that would sell at 20-25 at launch and be discounted soon after.

Console port problem:
* No graphics configuration
- lead designer himself has admitted living in 2007 with his "current gen still has a lot of power". Then why don't you use it? Either you can't or it doesn't, neither speaks any good.
- contrary to popular thinking graphics options aren't just for leet gaming stations, it's for weak PCs, too - to be able to fluently play at their native resolution.
* No remapping of controls
- Oh, but there is - "hidden" instead of being where five nines of population expect it to be. How did that pass QA (that is - if there was any to begin with)?
- Due to this and on its own, tutorial must not be disabled - otherwise good luck finding which buttons to press.

This isn't a rage against consoles. There's quite a few good games. But they should stay there lest they want to become bad games.
And then - some of them just aren't good to begin with.

* Design problems
- Twenty bear asses
- Filler puzzles
- What little there is of RPG - been there, done that and done better

* Technical issues
- Camera

If that's your idea of fun, please don't feel bothered. But don't bother me with "you have no idea". If I don't like it then I don't - your idea of fun won't change my idea of it even at gunpoint.

* No problems
- Action part. Hi-ho, Spiderman. Not exactly my cup of tea, but that's why I also have nothing to object about.
- Jesper Kyd's soundtrack. It seems that he just can't do a bad soundtrack. Nails the theme.
- Death being an arse. Nails the character.

Funny how your the only one to think this, not to mention most of what youve written feels like the ramblings of someone whos not played the game but is basing there opinion on the bandwagon, tho in this case i think you got on the wrong wagon.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!