Weird Android problem when playing music mp3s on the default OS music playe

Does it do it with every MP3? Maybe it's the bitrate you've encoded it in or something.

More information would be VERY helpful... phone, android version, app version, MP3 bitrate, etc etc etc

What are you saying? :s When you play any mp3 file in the Android Music player, it crashes your wireless router..?

... *tilts head* I can't think of any reason why.

Does it do it with every MP3? Maybe it's the bitrate you've encoded it in or something.

More information would be VERY helpful... phone, android version, app version, MP3 bitrate, etc etc etc

I imagine so (I have my music on a random playlist) It?s a Samsung GT-S5830 Galaxy Ace running ginger bread 2.3.3 it?s just the default app named "Music" 2.3.3 the bit rates vary from 320 to 128 I converted some manually others were mp3 originally.

What are you saying? :s When you play any mp3 file in the Android Music player, it crashes your wireless router..?

... *tilts head* I can't think of any reason why.

I know I know its amazing but my mum is computer literate and ive seen it happen.

Ot4rO.jpg

Are you streaming your mp3s through your network?

I don?t think so I disabled all share so shouldn?t be any advice as to how to check just to be sure your pic says it all I looked at my mum similarity when she told me the network kept crashing every time I was on music I was like but mum the music isnt "on the internet". Its local.

It might be trying to connect to Google Music / Retrieve album art/info

Does the router crash when you use any other internet app like the browser on Android ?

What Phone/Tablet it is, and which version of Android ?

Have you tried Settings > Apps > All > Music > Clear data and cache ?

It might be trying to connect to Google Music / Retrieve album art/info

Does the router crash when you use any other internet app like the browser on Android ?

What Phone/Tablet it is, and which version of Android ?

Have you tried Settings > Apps > All > Music > Clear data and cache ?

Have just done it google music dont think im signed up stated the phone and android version above.

use a different media player?

I suppose its an option but its the default one and this has only just started

Well if a phone is crashing your router it sounds like it's time to get a new router or upgrade its firmware.

Its a brand new offical rutor by my isp so im locked in.

Tell your ISP about it.

Try using a different media aplayer like winamp, songbird, mixzing, realplayer, etc...

what Sagem router do you use? The Model number. It is a router issue and might be caused because of compatibility/load issues.

1. check for firmware update. even if the router is new the latest update might not be there. worth checking.

2. If firmware is latest. disable the firewall on the router and reboot the router then try connecting again.(THIS IS TEST SO ENABLE AGAIN LATER)

3. call the router cutomer care and see if they have a solution to this problem. Maybe they know a workaround.

4. look for latest beta firware. if you are geeky enough to play with it.

5. post on neowin how unrelated that is as an android problem? Really? I'd do a factory reset if it's causing that much problems, personally....surely you have TB Pro on your side, and can restore anything you need to after the reset??.....or am I just feeding the trolls? O.o

5. post on neowin how unrelated that is as an android problem? Really? I'd do a factory reset if it's causing that much problems, personally....surely you have TB Pro on your side, and can restore anything you need to after the reset??.....or am I just feeding the trolls? O.o

do a quick google search on this issue and you would be surprised to see routers crashing due to older fimware..

There is no point in doing a factory reset if it is a firmware issue as OP also said its a new router...

did you even try helping? rather you try to bitch about people trying to help...

I dont see my post as trolling but rather yours..

Just an FYI here is a similar issue with Engenius router which was fixed by firmware update from Engenius.

Tell your ISP about it.

Try using a different media aplayer like winamp, songbird, mixzing, realplayer, etc...

Yer like they will do anything about it. No I wont on account of ive always used this media player its default I will not change.

what Sagem router do you use? The Model number. It is a router issue and might be caused because of compatibility/load issues.

1. check for firmware update. even if the router is new the latest update might not be there. worth checking.

2. If firmware is latest. disable the firewall on the router and reboot the router then try connecting again.(THIS IS TEST SO ENABLE AGAIN LATER)

3. call the router cutomer care and see if they have a solution to this problem. Maybe they know a workaround.

4. look for latest beta firware. if you are geeky enough to play with it.

1:Its automatic you cant even check with the rutor maker

2: I should point out the phone is on wifi all day its only during playing music in a certain area of the house funny enough.

3: Cutomer care that exists lol.

3: I am but rather not chance it.

What you saying??? Im no troll its a problem. Whats TB pro?

do a quick google search on this issue and you would be surprised to see routers crashing due to older fimware..

There is no point in doing a factory reset if it is a firmware issue as OP also said its a new router...

did you even try helping? rather you try to bitch about people trying to help...

I dont see my post as trolling but rather yours..

Just an FYI here is a similar issue with Engenius router which was fixed by firmware update from Engenius.

Yer werid accept my phone connects fine all day.

Additional information and possible causes my dad who is really old as it turns out seems to think phone singals can interfer with wifi singals so even with the phone WIFI OFF the problem still happends thoughts? Implying its the "phone signal" not the wifi signal of the phone interfering with the rutor.

Please try another media player, I am not trying to be mean, I am trying to isolate a potential app problem that Google may want to know about. I recommend trying Realplayer mobile since it does not have any "connectivity services" like wifi sync, social features, lyrics lookup, etc... This one is basically as close to the default as far as permissions and external connectivity. It does not try to connect to an external service unless it's looking up album artwork. So this works more like your desktop media players. Try it with wifi enabled and disabled.

Remember, we are only trying to help you! I know that you may not want to use another media player, and that's fine. However for this issue, we need to try other things to assist you further. If you'd like to not use other players you may uninstall the application in your android applications manager. You do not have to keep it.

I hope we can be helpful to you.

Please try another media player, I am not trying to be mean, I am trying to isolate a potential app problem that Google may want to know about. I recommend trying Realplayer mobile since it does not have any "connectivity services" like wifi sync, social features, lyrics lookup, etc... This one is basically as close to the default as far as permissions and external connectivity. It does not try to connect to an external service unless it's looking up album artwork. So this works more like your desktop media players. Try it with wifi enabled and disabled.

Remember, we are only trying to help you! I know that you may not want to use another media player, and that's fine. However for this issue, we need to try other things to assist you further. If you'd like to not use other players you may uninstall the application in your android applications manager. You do not have to keep it.

I hope we can be helpful to you.

Hey im not objecting to that I may try it later but as a geek it is VERY annoying not knowing the cause to me the problem isnt fixed just because you dont experience it.

Good, please give it a try so we can see if the problem persists with other music player apps. I understand your frustrations....

Ok guys after all that ill just leave this here since if i tell you, you will deem it as mad as i did.http://goo.gl/HLYZt take your pick of links to read. Would never have thought of it in a million years (treadmilled without music on phone at all and still happend how we figured it out).

Ha! Well I didn't expect that solution. Pretty interesting.

I know tell me about it! Well that seems to be the issue.

Treadmill???!!!! LMAO

Yer lol no wonder no one on here thought to ask I bet im on only person on neowin who uses one lol.

I got an exercize bike though.... and I don't think you're the only one... I'm sure of it.