Metro for Steam - 3.6.8

Awesome, totally want this. Been waiting for a skin based on the Zune look (while keeping the Steam look as well)!

Just ditch the Tribal decoration before release ;)

Thanks everyone. I may release it after all, but not until it's perfect!

Awesome, totally want this. Been waiting for a skin based on the Zune look (while keeping the Steam look as well)!

Just ditch the Tribal decoration before release ;)

The tribal decoration is from the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. If you haven't used it already, it comes with a bunch of different decals for the Start Screen. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to package them with the theme, but I just decided on this one to match the Windows 8 theme I'm using for personal use.

If I do find that I'm allowed to include them there will be several options, one of which would remove them altogether.

Thanks everyone. I may release it after all, but not until it's perfect!

The tribal decoration is from the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. If you haven't used it already, it comes with a bunch of different decals for the Start Screen. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to package them with the theme, but I just decided on this one to match the Windows 8 theme I'm using for personal use.

If I do find that I'm allowed to include them there will be several options, one of which would remove them altogether.

Frankly I prefer it with the Windows 8 "Tribal" pattern, otherwise it'd be in danger of looking a tad bland.

Looks nice

Thanks!

Frankly I prefer it with the Windows 8 "Tribal" pattern, otherwise it'd be in danger of looking a tad bland.

I feel the same way, which is why I'd like to include the default patterns if possible. I'll always leave the option open to leave it blank just in case some people prefer it.

Looks awesome! I'm using that the second it's released! (Y)

IMO what about having the Steam logo as a background? Something like this:

Jglnu.png

Thanks a lot! That would definitely look good in the bottom right corner of the client.

Yeah! The Steam logo makes perfect sense, you also might want to stick to the gray color scheme instead of the black one (now that I think about it).

Yeah! The Steam logo makes perfect sense, you also might want to stick to the gray color scheme instead of the black one (now that I think about it).

I think so too. What are you referring to when you mention the black? The Zune Software?

I think so too. What are you referring to when you mention the black? The Zune Software?

I meant the black colour-scheme that you used in your Photoshop concept. Black looks good, but it just wouldn't be "steam" anymore.

I meant the black colour-scheme that you used in your Photoshop concept. Black looks good, but it just wouldn't be "steam" anymore.

I wouldn't say it's black, as it's actually only a couple shades darker than the Steam logo image Auroka posted. The Steam client is actually darker than this in most areas.

Always enjoyed SpewBoy's and your own work BoneyardBrew. Would definitely love to see this theme come a reality. ;)

Ah yes, sorry my mistake.

My PC monitor is a SONY 40 Inch TV, so you can imagine that there is lots of contrast and other picture-improving stuff going on. It just looked very black to me.

Anyway, totally looking forward to it!

not bad.

Thanks. I hope you'll like it more once I reveal some more screenshots.

Always enjoyed SpewBoy's and your own work BoneyardBrew. Would definitely love to see this theme come a reality. ;)

Thanks, that means a lot! It's already mostly coded, so it's definitely a reality. :)

Ah yes, sorry my mistake.

My PC monitor is a SONY 40 Inch TV, so you can imagine that there is lots of contrast and other picture-improving stuff going on. It just looked very black to me.

Anyway, totally looking forward to it!

Yeah, I bet! I'm glad you like it.

Looks really nice. It's great to see a design that isn't too busy visually, as far too often skin makers go over the top and it just doesn't work for daily usage. The default interface leaves a lot to be desired and I'd be interested to give this a go.

Looks really nice. It's great to see a design that isn't too busy visually, as far too often skin makers go over the top and it just doesn't work for daily usage. The default interface leaves a lot to be desired and I'd be interested to give this a go.

Thanks for the comment. I agree with you. Minimalist designs tend to capture my interest, which is partly why I've grasped onto Metro so tightly.

Here are some screenshots of the skin in action!

Please hover over each image and click on the high resolution view icon on the top right. They look horrible resized.

windows_8___steam_skin_by_boneyardbrew-d4u3kjv.png

Could you also add support for the "Details" layout (if you haven't done so already)?

I had tried your MetroTwit skin but soon found out that there were no styles defined it, which is a bummer since that's the layout I'm most comfortable with.

Looks good. Would it work on Windows 7 as well? It should, right?

Yup, it'll work on Windows 7 perfectly.

Could you also add support for the "Details" layout (if you haven't done so already)?

I had tried your MetroTwit skin but soon found out that there were no styles defined it, which is a bummer since that's the layout I'm most comfortable with.

I made sure I skinned the Details view this time. You have nothing to worry about. :)