Wachowskis Offer Channing Tatum & Mila Kunis 'Jupiter Ascending&#39

Warner Bros has offered the leads in the Lana and Andy Wachowki-directed Jupiter Ascending to Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. Plot is being kept under tight wraps, but for the Wachowkis, the film is their first major science fiction action franchise play since The Matrix. Like that trilogy, Jupiter Ascending is an original creation by the duo, and it?s on track to start production later this year. It comes at a time when Tatum is becoming a formidable leading man, particularly with his back-to-back box office successes The Vow and 21 Jump Street. Kunis, meanwhile, is coming off Black Swan and Friends With Benefits and stars in the Seth MacFarlane-directed comedy Ted and Sam Raimi-directed Oz: The Great And Powerful.

The Wachowskis just finished Cloud Atlas. They had circulated to financiers a script last spring for a hard-R drama they wanted to direct about a gay relationship between a U.S. soldier and an Iraqi, but had trouble setting it up. Before Cloud Atlas, the siblings hadn?t directed a film since the 2008 misfire Speed Racer. Still, nobody forgets about their last original creation, the groundbreaking Maxtix trilogy, and the $1.6 billion worldwide gross turned in by the three films. Will Jupiter Ascending do for Tatum what The Matrix did for Keanu Reeves?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/warner-bros-eyes-channing-tatum-mila-kunis-for-leads-in-wachowski-sci-fi-film-jupiter-ascending/

Lana Watchowski? WTF. Larry had a sex change? At first I thought that was a typo, this is news to me.

I didn't even catch that. So was it a typo or no? I just did a search online and didn't get anything about that...

I didn't even catch that. So was it a typo or no? I just did a search online and didn't get anything about that...

Well all I can find is that the person has changed their name from Larry to Lana, and duo formerly known as "The Wachowski Brothers" are now known as "The Wachowskis". I assume it was a sex change. The duo was never very public, even during The Matrix craze, so I can see how this could have flown under the radar.

Not sure why Tatum keeps getting movie roles. Sure maybe the 12 year olds think he's hot, but he has the personality of Keanu Reeves.

I took my girlfriend to see The Vow on Valentines Day and it was actually kind of embarrassing to watch because of how awful and awkward he is.

Well all I can find is that the person has changed their name from Larry to Lana, and duo formerly known as "The Wachowski Brothers" are now known as "The Wachowskis". I assume it was a sex change. The duo was never very public, even during The Matrix craze, so I can see how this could have flown under the radar.

I found this http://rated-m.blogspot.co.uk/2007/08/larry-wachowskis-sex-change-is-complete.html

Estranged wife Thea Bloom was her college sweetheart. She left Bloom in 2002 for Karin Winslow, a professional dominatrix, who left her husband to take Wachowski on as her "slave.".

:|

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah

John Carter was not great but it was a watchable pop corn flick. If it's a little bit better than John Carter it's gonna be cool.

I actually quite enjoyed John Carter.