Ice Cream Sandwich leaks for the AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket

While the world?s attention is turned to the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S III, it?s easy to forget that a whole boatload of Galaxy S II devices are still waiting for an update to Android 4.0. OK, so it?s not that easy to forget. Though Samsung has started pushing Ice Cream Sandwich for the international GSII it hasn?t exactly been a quick process. The wait will continue for many, but in the meantime owners of the Galaxy S II Skyrocket on AT&T are now getting an early peek at what to expect thanks to a leaked Android 4.0.3 build.

According to RootzWiki, the software is ?fully functional? and ready to go, though it may not be the final build. We suspect users are bound to run across a few bugs that still need hammering out. Does this mean we can expect the official update soon? If only I were clairvoyant. Your guess on that is still as good as mine.

[via RootzWiki]

http://phandroid.com/2012/03/26/ice-cream-sandwich-leaks-for-the-att-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket/

Ice Cream Sandwich is becoming an old story. 5-6 months old now? Kinda saddening that this time is not enough to dole out some drivers and custom skin. So many devices and little to non existent development teams. :(

I wanted to buy an ICS capable Android phone for $250. It would make a good companion to my 4S. Still waiting.

You'll most likely be waiting a while. Each time a new version of Android is released, manufacturers and carriers act like it's the first time EVER that there's an update. Like they've never ever done it before and couldn't possibly know what to do. When they release new hardware with the latest Android (doesn't happen often either), people who bought their hardware a few months before complain that they don't have the latest so then development gets split even further. It's a vicious circle and nobody seems to win.