5 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm looking for a secure file shredder (besides Eraser) that either[u] will save a few files / folders[/u] to be erased [b][u]between sessions[/u][/b] or make the small list available. I looked at the list of shredders here in alternative software. None seem to have that capability (short of installing all of them & checking).

The small list of files / folder could be stored / made accessible in the UI / menu list in a # of ways, w/o having to browse or drag / drop the same files / folders over & over.

The latest stable ver of Eraser's UI is sad & has a # of drawbacks / limitations that the dev made clear won't be implemented until next major release (probably yrs away). The nightlies now use a huge amt of RAM, usually have many bugs & fixes may come fairly quickly or not for many, many months (or a yr). Considering also it's RAM use & bugs, it's way overkill for erasing 5 or 6 files.

Thanks.

Posted

1. CCleaner - Enable the setting to shred files. Then add the files and folders you want to delete under "Include" in the settings.

[center][img]http://www.anti-forensics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ccleaner-custom-file-wipe.png[/img][/center]

2. Get a command line utility ([url="http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897443"]SDelete[/url]), write a batch file which shreds the files and folders you want.
1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks. I use CCleaner. The only problem for this purpose, is I don't erase all of the small list of files at the same time. CCLeaner only has one exclude list & can't select just a few out of the list. SDelete is a possibility - haven't looked at that one.

Posted

ASUS has one on their site. I have no idea if it only works on an ASUS computer, but I doubt that. I know it's free for me.
It's called ASUS Secure Delete. Nice and simple, I use it all the time.

Posted

ASUS Secure Delete