Mega Millions Jackpot Now $640 Million [Updated]

The winning numbers for the $356 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot, the third-largest prize in the game's history, were 9, 19, 34, 44, 51 and Mega Ball 24, but they did not produce a winner, officials said.

The lack of winner from Tuesday night's drawing means the estimated jackpot will grow to an estimated $476 million for a drawing Friday, according to the official Mega Millions website. Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesdays and Fridays at 11 p.m. ET and Tuesday night's drawing took place in Atlanta.

The odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot were estimated at about 1 in 176 million, according to lottery officials.

The winner is selected through five balls drawn from a set of balls numbered one through 56, and one ball is drawn from a set numbered one through 46.

more

Fine, be that way. I'm not going to split with you either. :p

If I do win the Jackpot, I would certainly do some charity work -- but I would not give out big chunks of money to random strangers.

I'd have to know whether ther truly needed some help.

Because people are going out and buying multiple tickets, entirely unaware of how silly that is. :rofl:

Why have a 1 in 200 million change to win when you can have a 100 in 200 million change to win!

Why have a 1 in 200 million change to win when you can have a 100 in 200 million change to win!

Sadly, those who spend $100 on tickets are the ones who could probably use $100, not $500 million.

Its actually 1 in 170 million est odds of winning.

[geekvoice] :geek:

Well to be technically accurate it's 1 in 176million on a growing scale

This jackpot has been growing since January 24, when Mega Millions had its most recent jackpot winner. The odds of winning the jackpot are approximately one in 176 million. The odds of winning any of the Mega Millions prizes are approximately 1 in 40.

www.megamillions.com

[/geekvoice]

Ok you can punch me in the stomach now. LOL

As every news story has noted, you're more likely to contact a flesh eating bacteria than win the jackpot, which in and of itself is pretty rare.

Also, at the rate they're selling tickets, there's going to be multiple winners. What would be really crazy is if the winning numbers were 1-2-3-4-5-6 (one of the most commonly played combinations), and people only won a small amount of money. :laugh: