EA in running for Consumerist "Worst Company in America"

zLDxy.jpg

Two weeks ago, 32 of the nation's worst businesses entered the Worst Company In America Battledome Nonagon, hoping to prove they could out-twit, overcharge and outlast the others to ultimately be named the Worst Company In America 2012. Two dozen companies have since been fed to the shark-eating robot piranhas and only eight remain with a chance to be crowned with the Golden Poo.

The eight contestants still standing are a rogues gallery of bad businesses from a variety of industries.

Bank of America may not be the country's largest financial institution, but it's the only bank whose utter incompetence has allowed it to get to Round 3.

Like, AT&T has proven it didn't need to buy T-Mobile to become the #1 wireless company in order to beat out industry leader Verizon.

2010 WCIA champ Comcast wasn't about to let any of its cable competitors get a shot at the Golden Poo, though it now will face its first real competition in the form of gaming goliath Electronic Arts, which has been tearing up the brackets in its rookie year.

Walmart is usually out of the tournament by now, and the nation's biggest retailer barely made it into Round 3 over the comparably small GameStop.

Facebook remains a strong Poo possibility, as it continues to push the limits of its users' privacy.

PayPal has had a pretty bad year of it in terms of public relations, but some would argue that the headline-grabbing errors are merely representative of the problems customers face on a daily basis.

And then there's Ticketmaster, which only exists because its parent company Live Nation owns and operates a large number of the country's biggest concert venues.

Voting on match-ups begins this morning with BofA vs. Ticketmaster, followed by PayPal vs. Walmart. Tomorrow, you'll get the chance to vote on Facebook vs. AT&T and then Comcast vs. EA.

Polls for each match will remain open for only 12 hours. To add a soup?on of suspense to the contests, results will remain hidden until we reveal the winners on Thursday.

Source: http://neogaf.com/fo...ad.php?t=468162

Taken from GAF, thought this would be quite popular around here :p

Centurylink should have def. been up there. they are crrraappp.... my mom pays for a 5 meg connection... they get 0.60 on a good day... plus the reps are clueless balls of doody.

Centurylink should have def. been up there. they are crrraappp.... my mom pays for a 5 meg connection... they get 0.60 on a good day... plus the reps are clueless balls of doody.

You too? I pay 60$/mo for 1.5 meg, and on a good day I only get 1 meg. After dozens of calls to them over 4 years, I finally got to talk to someone who was smart. He actually identified the problem! ... Then told me that there was nothing he could do about it because one of the retards from previous tickets blocked all dispatches to my area for any reason.

And EA has really outdone Activision lately. All of their sequels lately have been utter crap. That's not coincidental.

I have a different ISP.... My mom lives out a ways from me and has CL and I have a different ISP that's been pretty good so far. I get most of my advertised speed. which is 10Mbps for 55/mo.

And EA has really outdone Activision lately. All of their sequels lately have been utter crap. That's not coincidental.

Really now?

Their sports titles have been improving steadily each year and Battlefield blows the living **** out of Modern Warfare.

• Like 1

Really now?

Their sports titles have been improving steadily each year and Battlefield blows the living **** out of Modern Warfare.

That's just the problem. Battlefield shouldn't be in the same league as Call of Duty.

Battlefield 3 has but a fraction of what I used to love in the franchise. Crysis 2 wasn't a benchmark game - it was created for consoles, released with only Directx 9. And Mass Effect 3 was one of the worst disappointments in the past few years.