'Anchorman 2' with Will Ferrell, director Adam McKay

"I like the parts of your face with skin on it", and the longest convict record quote had my LOLing the most!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The inspiration for Ron Burgundy was Mort Crim, a long time news anchor in Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia and Louisville.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mort_Crim

http://www.freep.com/article/20131216/ENT01/312160078/anchorman-will-ferrell-mort-crim

Will Ferrell meets Ron Burgundy inspiration Mort Crim for first time

Ron Burgundy is having a renaissance with ?Anchorman 2,? which opens Wednesday. So is the man who inspired the iconic character, Detroit anchor legend Mort Crim.

The former WDIV-TV (Channel 4) newsman has been graciously handling a barrage of media recently, and it all started when Ferrell mentioned to publications such as Rolling Stone and the New York Times that it was a clip of Crim that helped lead to the original ?Anchorman.?

Crim has been photographed by Esquire magazine and was to be interviewed live Monday on Australian TV.

This weekend, the anchorman-?Anchorman? connection resulted in Crim meeting Ferrell in person for the first time at Sunday night?s ?Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues? premiere in New York.

Crim, who lives in the Jacksonville, Fla., area, and his wife were invited to the event at the Beacon Theatre, where he finally got to shake hands with the actor.

?I walked up to him at the party that went on afterward,? Crim said Monday from New York. ?He recognized me. I stuck my hand out and said, ?Will, it?s nice for you to get to meet me.? ?

Ferrell laughed and complimented Crim on how he?s been handling the barrage of attention lately. ?He said: ?It?s an honor. I?ve been reading your interviews, and I appreciate the good humor you?ve shown through all of this.? ?

>

1386606338000-crim-vs-burgundy-1-.jpg