The game is really fun! I don't know anything about the guns yet. I might really like it cause I'm good at killin people. How do I get those mech suits?

Think you need to garner enough xp in the match then it will give you a notice that its available at the Depot. Its tough, though, knowing where they are on the maps :D

mattmatik: Ranked matches have not been implemented yet. I think they are supposed to place you in rooms with other players around your skill level. They announced a while back that they were looking for testers, so it should be coming soon.

thatguyandrew1992: The mechs (Hardsuits) are available at the Depots around the map for 1300 CP (Combat Points). CP is acquired from killing enemies, doing the objective, healing, reviving, etc. The training tutorial explains how to summon a Hardsuit.

Awesome, thanks. Having an issue with my starter pack GP and XP boost not activating and I got d/c from 2 straight matches in the final :30; honestly, it seems like PWE should just take the game down for a few hours and fix some stuff. Not really seeing the point of global chat, either, it is just giving the stupid a soapbox to display their talents.

I was getting disconnected a few times yesterday too. Hopefully next week they optimize their servers and put up some new ones. I also believe there will be a patch next Tuesday to fix many of the issues, and maybe some new content.

Yeah thats what I've been doing actually, quick pop down and up. Getting destroyed in TDM, think I need to spend a lot of time looking at my customizations. Just burned 125gp on a barrel that made my gun worse, turning it into a single bullet fire :angry: I had the same issues in CoD though - I get so sick of having the crappy starter weapon that I blow my moola on some crap upgrades!

Hope you don't mean Black Ops when you say that. M16 is beast from beginning to end. :cool:

I can't take this freezing/disconnecting thing anymore. I think I'm going to just uninstall the Steam client for the game and reinstall the old stand alone version. Apparently that doesn't have this issue...but who the hell knows.

I can't even get to the quick join button. The game freezes up before I can click on it most of the time, and when I can click it fast enough, I never connect I just stay frozen and then unfreeze and disconnect.

During the beta they had really bad issues with the game crashing and freezing. Try putting your game in windowed full screen mode, that fixed 95% of my crashing issues with the game.

I haven't played in months since the game was in betas but it wouldn't surprised me at all of they haven't fixed that particular issue. Also turning off tessellation helps a bunch too. I don't think tessellation added anything worthwhile for the performance hit it brings with it.

DirectX 11 in this game is buggy; I suggest disabling it along with Image Reflections and Tessellations.

I've switched Tessellation off, DX11 off, Windowed mode, pretty much everything else you can disable or enable and nothing helped. Like I said I may as well just uninstall the Steam version and download the older non-Steam version at this point....or wait until they patch/fix whatever it is...

I totally forgot about this game when it was announced.

I will give it a try as I've just read some enticing comments about it :D

Will post my screen name (ajua is taken, sadly) once I finish the registration and the downloads.

Ah was finally able to activate my starter pack items. I really think with some proper time for fixes and let the Steam rush die a bit this will be a superb game at the f2p level. Really enjoying it.

I don't really see any lasting appeal to the game - it's essentially run-gun with a "wall hack visor". It's also hideously unbalanced and anyone with enough gp/zen can dominate purely due to gear.

I don't see the difference between using a visor or using a mini map. If anything, I think the visor has a lot more strategic value to it - its not always on, it has a cool-down, and you are vulnerable while using it.

I'm not sure about the balance issues, maybe you can elaborate on that. Balance issues can always be fixed (if done in a proper way). And as far as the gear issue is concerned - this is a 'problem' in every FPS game. Hell, someone can go into Battlefield 3 right now and buy the Shortcut Pack to unlock everything. Doesn't make you a better player, right?

I can dominate with default gear, just saying. :p The guns are pretty balanced, but I agree that at the moment speed builds are under-powered compared to tank builds. Many people have complained, so hopefully they will buff speed builds. Changing tactics when you come across someone with more armor usually works though.

Patch coming tomorrow morning which will help with the spam in the global chat and the slow server browser, among other things - http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=356961

Thanks, thats good news for sure. I still question why global chat is even there but oh well.

Hey Dream, I've yet to jump into a King of the Hill match, how does that mode work?

A random point/node pops up around the map and your team has to capture it by standing by it. It's pretty intense since everyone goes to the same place. Beware of grenades, haha.

I cannot even get the game to run. I installed it through Steam. It will launch the client (and patched once), but when I click "Play", nothing happens. Any clues here? Sounds like the game is seriously buggy but I want to at least try it...sheesh.

I don't really see any lasting appeal to the game - it's essentially run-gun with a "wall hack visor". It's also hideously unbalanced and anyone with enough gp/zen can dominate purely due to gear.

Most gear are side grades. There is no one load out that is actually better than another. Of course it's been a few months since I've played and maybe that has changed a bit but I really doubt it. Also you get gp just playing the game, so..yeah...

Also a small tip if you want some free zen is to do some of the promotions on the site. I created a new email address and did the free netflix trial and got 900 zen for that to unlock some stuff permanently. It didn't even require me to put in my CC info.

Most gear are side grades. There is no one load out that is actually better than another. Of course it's been a few months since I've played and maybe that has changed a bit but I really doubt it.

You should go play a few rounds and then come tell me that again - also wait until you run into someone using the tank hero.

As I stated in my previous post - I don't see a future for the game. The developer is essentially trying to milk money from the F2P craze and all the balance issues aside, the game is shallower than a puddle.

You should go play a few rounds and then come tell me that again - also wait until you run into someone using the tank hero.

As I stated in my previous post - I don't see a future for the game. The developer is essentially trying to milk money from the F2P craze and all the balance issues aside, the game is shallower than a puddle.

I have played the game. I beta tested it for a good 3 months. I do admit that I haven't played it since it was put on steam but I really doubt the balance has changed since I last played. Even when I first started playing I never had an issue getting top 3 score, though. I'll just be blunt and say that maybe you just aren't good at the game because as I said, most items are side grades and that is a fact.

What killed the fun for me in this game was the fact that each team could get more than 1 of the hard suits which just isn't fun when one team or the other has 2 or 3 of them. That is a problem, but weapon balance balance isn't one.

And I'm not sure what you mean by tank hero. Do you mean M.A.R.S. or what? He dies just as easily as any other character.

The game was not very balanced during the start of the open beta. Most people would be running with the same weapon parts and armor as everyone else. There were 2 big balance changes, so the stuff that I had bought permanently (with GP) was no longer useful for my play-style.

They just need to work on the speed builds because they have no real benefits over a tank build. However, as I said before, you just need to change tactics when you encounter someone with a tank build, and it will still take 2 to 3 shots in the head to kill anyone with an assault rifle.

I actually feel safer on foot than in a Hardsuit since it only takes 2 stinger rockets to kill them now.