::slow clap::

You mean this:
Posted Image

?

#18 ARchamps

ARchamps

Neowinian

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:56

Halo 3 was my favorite. Lots of great times playing splitscreen with friends and online. There hasn't been a FPS game since that allows you to play up to 4 players local in an online game.

#19 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 12 April 2012 - 16:13

Halo 3 was my favorite. Lots of great times playing splitscreen with friends and online. There hasn't been a FPS game since that allows you to play up to 4 players local in an online game.

Halo has always been the game of split screen fun times :). Remembering all our Halo CE lans, warthog launching sessions, etc. So much of Halo is responsible for what I am today (which could be considered sort of sad, heh).

#20 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:56

I'll never forget playing Halo for the first time on Xbox with my buddy. Hours and hours at night, trying to plow through the game. So much fun.

Halo + Duke controller = piece of my heart

#21 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:56

I have nothing but respect for what Bungie was able to accomplish with Halo, they pretty much are single handedly responsible for making the First Person Shooter so popular on consoles, and if I had to pick Halo 2 would be the game I thought was by far the best out of the series from a MP aspect, but I never personally got the whole fascination with Halo and people treating it like it was the end all be all, as it always came off to me like a poor mans Unreal Tournament, especially UT2K4. I honestly think it is the game that is responsible for a lot of the so called "PC gamer elitist mentality," as I know for certain it drove us PC gamers crazy that people would refer to it as the definitive First Person Shooter. It definitely was on the XBox, but was far from it in the overall gaming universe. But for people who were not gaming on a PC, it was a pretty damn good introduction to the FPS, and as I said, nothing but respect for Bungie themselves.

#22 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 17 April 2012 - 17:12

I have nothing but respect for what Bungie was able to accomplish with Halo, they pretty much are single handedly responsible for making the First Person Shooter so popular on consoles, and if I had to pick Halo 2 would be the game I thought was by far the best out of the series from a MP aspect, but I never personally got the whole fascination with Halo and people treating it like it was the end all be all, as it always came off to me like a poor mans Unreal Tournament, especially UT2K4. I honestly think it is the game that is responsible for a lot of the so called "PC gamer elitist mentality," as I know for certain it drove us PC gamers crazy that people would refer to it as the definitive First Person Shooter. It definitely was on the XBox, but was far from it in the overall gaming universe. But for people who were not gaming on a PC, it was a pretty damn good introduction to the FPS, and as I said, nothing but respect for Bungie themselves.

I remember that I picked Halo by accident (to cash in some EBgames credit) a good 18? months after launch and I was skeptical reading about the premise. I started liking multiplayer because my roommates who were "non-gamers" could easily pick up the game. I think we had like a 3-4 regular gamers in a ~10 people in our weekend lan party group.