Playstation Plus Update for April 2012

this should come to the US as well..lol

Time to plan for ps3 Hard drive upgrade...

It is

Did not even see this thread until after I saw all of the good stuff on + this week, Wow. Definitely very cool. Going to break out my Logitech GT again for Shift 2, Shank 2 for free is awesome, original Silent Hill and Canabalt, all free. Damn good week, pretty much the best one ever. Very nice.

Update day today!!!!!! Only just started playing Tiger Woods 13 and will have at least 4 new games to play when PSN updates :(

Yeah, I have TW13 rented and I have not even checked it out yet. Do you have Move and if so have you played it with that? I did really like the Kinect demo of TW13 I played at my local Best Buy, it was not insanely accurate but it was fun, so wondering if Move is similar.

Yeah, I have TW13 rented and I have not even checked it out yet. Do you have Move and if so have you played it with that? I did really like the Kinect demo of TW13 I played at my local Best Buy, it was not insanely accurate but it was fun, so wondering if Move is similar.

I hope it's better than the implementation on TW11 as that was shocking although from what I heard it was bolted on at the last minute rather than the game being made with that in mind.

Looking forward to getting home and checking out Shift 2 might even bring out the wheel too if I like it. Still working my way through Sly Cooper from last month! Received my PSN card the other day and my next 12 months subscription is all paid for :)

No I don't have move,

I'm really enjoying the game, I wasn't a fan of the caddy in TW12 and thankfully you can disable it in TW13. The swing mechanics have had an overhaul though, before you pointed where you wanted to go then pulled back all the way to hit the shot, this time you have a swing marker where you have to pull back so far depending on how far/hard you want to hit it, it also has a 'tempo' metric as well now, if you push forward too slow you will underswing, if you push forward too fast you will overswing.

Its all a welcome change, makes the game a little less arcadey, the Tiger challenges are pretty good as well, you play challenges based on Tigers life you start off as a child practicing in your back yard then go on to important points in his life.

I've only just started so there is probably way more I haven't seen yet.

Only gripe I have are the graphics, they have slapped on a huge coating of blur and depth of field effects which are very offputting.

I also have the Playstation Plus service and its good value for money.......but

the problem that I have is the fact that I set up and american account just to see if it was cheaper to buy games from there.

I strolled onto the Playstation Plus part on the store and found myself really annoyed at the amount of 'freebies' that they had over ours!

For instance they have 8 free games avalible to download excluding Shift 2 and Shank 2. I dont see how if where paying the same price as the americans why we cant have the same amount of free games.

Does anyone know why this is???

I also have the Playstation Plus service and its good value for money.......but

the problem that I have is the fact that I set up and american account just to see if it was cheaper to buy games from there.

I strolled onto the Playstation Plus part on the store and found myself really annoyed at the amount of 'freebies' that they had over ours!

For instance they have 8 free games avalible to download excluding Shift 2 and Shank 2. I dont see how if where paying the same price as the americans why we cant have the same amount of free games.

Does anyone know why this is???

Licencing, Publishers, Release dates, etc. Sometimes EU gets content that the US doesn't. The US had a small discount for Trine 2, EU got it 100% free. If you add up everything given out during a certain year, the difference in the total value of the content (even assuming you bought every game that had a PS+ available for it) would be pretty minimal.

Yeah I am think it is definitely what others have already said, licensing publishers release dates, etc. but also I bet Sony has people that try to figure out what markets would like which games. As stupid as that sounds, I guarantee you some suits in some rooms get paid way to much money to try and guess what games appeal to the European market as opposed to what appeals to the American Market as what appeals to the Japanese market, etc. etc. So although I think everyone who has responded so far about publishing, etc. is the primary reason for the differences in games offered, I do think maybe 10% has to do with what they think different regions prefer.

As stupid as that sounds, I guarantee you some suits in some rooms get paid way to much money to try and guess what games appeal to the European market as opposed to what appeals to the American Market as what appeals to the Japanese market, etc. etc.

I think that's just called marketing, dude. lol.

Yeah I am think it is definitely what others have already said, licensing publishers release dates, etc. but also I bet Sony has people that try to figure out what markets would like which games. As stupid as that sounds, I guarantee you some suits in some rooms get paid way to much money to try and guess what games appeal to the European market as opposed to what appeals to the American Market as what appeals to the Japanese market, etc. etc. So although I think everyone who has responded so far about publishing, etc. is the primary reason for the differences in games offered, I do think maybe 10% has to do with what they think different regions prefer.

Germany always gets the short end of the stick due to their stric laws. It's sometimes jarring to look at an update list on the EU blog and to see "No available in Germany" in so many listings.

I think that's just called marketing, dude. lol.

Right obviously that is marketing, but that is my point, it is incredibly stupid to do marketing like this. A good game is a good game. It is pretty stupid to think otherwise and think certain games would appeal to certain territories. The only time it is not is when it is a straight up Japanese title with no translations, etc. But for the UK and the US, should be identical IMO.