Any airsofters here?

Any airsofters here? Might as well get a topic started!

My kit currently consists of:

KWA LMT M4 CQB (Removable silencer) Running on 11.1v Lipo with box mag.

ASG 1911 Black with custom chrome barrel.

ASG 1911 Duty one - olive green with torch attachment.

British Woodland DPM Clothing and webbing (kit from cadets (Sergeant))

Went to CQB only site yesterday and loved it normally play on woodland site

I own a Soft Air Thompson M1A1.

Looking to purchase an Echo1 E-90 (P-90) in the near future.

Echo1 doesn't produce the E90 anymore due to Cybergun sueing them for the Scar and E90.

Hi, i play airsoft, actually we own a shop on the south shore of montr?al, Canada.. !:

I own a Ares Scar L with GL, a Ares M4A1 and a Echo1 Stag15 VN (M16 VN)... ;)

Echo1 doesn't produce the E90 anymore due to Cybergun sueing them for the Scar and E90.

... I think I just died inside.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well King Arms are releasing one soon and it look very good. They make good AEG..

Are they in the States?

I have the Crosman Air Mag C11 Airsoft (CO2), which I use for indoor target because its hand 'feel' is similar to my SIG P239. Also have a Crosman Elite Combat GBB (CO2 with blowback & working hammer) which is just flat cool and very similar to a US Navy SIG P226.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't played Airsoft for a few years now. But man was it great fun! These days I only have a few single-shot airsoft guns though, so if I were to go for a shooting session it would probably be with a paintball gun. The pain from getting hit really makes you think about your tactics.

I play and do the photos for a small woodland site called Matlock Combat Games in the UK,

I have a very custom G&G GR15,

its got a

systema gearbox

hight tourqe motor,

tight bore barrel

King arms hop

7.4 lipo with deans connectors

Fires at aroud 330 FPS

I also have a TM M9 pistol

Never played airsoft, but have friends that do.  Played paintball a few times and loved it.  Cool thing about airsoft though is that I had a friend who had an airsoft AR-15 with rails and lights and more stuff than I have on my real one.  Anyway, he gave me a light, and it actually fit on the picatinny rails on my real AR-15, so the outside dimensions on a lot of them are very close to the real thing, which I find cool.

• 2 months later...

As someone who knows little about it.  I know what paintballing is (love it) but what is airsoft?  I assumed BBGuns, but surely you don't go running around shooting each other with those???

As someone who knows little about it.  I know what paintballing is (love it) but what is airsoft?  I assumed BBGuns, but surely you don't go running around shooting each other with those???

Yep, you do.

What about paintball vs. airsoft? Which is easier for the beginning? And which is more painful? ;)

I would probably say that paintball is both easier to get in to and the more painful.

Sweet jebus!

It's not painful if you have some clothes on, the worst is maybe feeling a pinch. And you're wearing plastic glasses to protect your eyes.

It's not painful if you have some clothes on, the worst is maybe feeling a pinch. And you're wearing plastic glasses to protect your eyes.

I do paintball in jeans and thicker, full sleeve shirts.  Still hurts like a bitch (albeit briefly)

I do paintball in jeans and thicker, full sleeve shirts.  Still hurts like a bitch (albeit briefly)

Oh sure, paintball hurts. But due to the BB pellet's size and weight compared to a paintball, it's much easier for it to get stopped without causing much pain. I've taken a couple of bruises from a paintball gun (for example, when the paintball doesn't explode on impact) but can't remember getting hurt from airsoft.

• 1 month later...

My friend tried to convince me to do airsoft but meh, with all the money spent on it I could buy me a real firearm and yes I know you can't shoot your friends with real guns. I'm more of a steel shooter/paper puncher than I am a person that wants to shoot people with plastic bb's. 

• 7 months later...

I use a very non-cheap AirSoft SIG P226 w/blowback for indoor target practice. Handles similarly to my real SIG Mk25 - the civilian version of the 9mm P226 used by the SEALs (extra coatings for salt water immersion etc.).