Special edition Chrome Series Xbox 360 controllers

xbox-360-chrome-controller.jpg

There's no console to match, but Xbox 360 owners who prefer things a little shinier than your run-of-the-mill controller will soon have a trio of new options to consider courtesy of Microsoft. It's just announced three new Chrome Series special edition controllers that will be available in "mid-May" for $54.99 apiece. Those come in your choice of blue, red or silver, and each feature the so-called "transforming" D-pad along with everything else you'd expect from a wireless Xbox 360 controller.

xbox360-chrome-01.jpgxbox360-chrome-03.jpg

Source

I don't know, they look kind of odd. If I had to, I'd go with the silver one. The other two look tacky to me.

Sweaty hands might make for a slippery controller, though.

If the underside of the Chrome Series controller still has the same texture as the current controllers, I wouldn't worry about that too much. I do wonder how dirty it would look after a few intense hours of gaming.

Can't say that I'm crazy about the look of it, personally. The silver one in particular looks really tacky, though maybe it's just that specific render which is making it look awful.

it would drive me nuts having one of these simply because i would always be cleaning it.

• Like 1