Vita gets social apps and firmware update

PlayStation Vita users in Japan and Asia can look forward to two social additions to the PlayStation Network store as well as a mandatory update that fixes certain issues with the system

Owners of Sony's recent portable system can download the Facebook and Foursquare apps via the online store for free. The Facebook app lets users scroll the screen via the rear touch pad, while the Foursquare app makes use of the device's location-tracking

The newest firmware update, called version 1.65, stated that the Auto Standby option can now be set to 10 minutes instead of the previous maximum of 5 minutes. Other additions include bug fixes for Vita titles Dynasty Warriors Next and Unit 13, and the ability to double-tap the shift virtual key to set the input to caps lock.

All I want is an update to mute that god awful music that plays constantly when in the menus. It's friggin annoying

All I want is an update to mute that god awful music that plays constantly when in the menus. It's friggin annoying

There is already a option in the system settings that mutes everything but the PS Store from what I know^^

There is already a option in the system settings that mutes everything but the PS Store from what I know^^

Yep, it is one of the first things I did. They just need to add an option for Near.

Update has yet to show up on my end.

Version Date Released Description 1.66 April 4, 2012 System changes

• Fixed problems which appeared in 1.65

1.65[6] April 3, 2012

Withdrawn System changes

• [Notification Alert] has been added to [settings], allowing users to toggle alerts on and off.
  • [After 10 Minutes] has been added to time options under [Power Save Settings].
  • An Arrow icon will now display when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea.
  • Caps Lock is now supported in the On Screen Keyboard.
  • Addition of installation progress bar for downloaded games and DLC.
  • minis with a pre-set expiry date (i.e. those obtained via PlayStation Plus) now load correctly.

Version Date Released Description 1.66 April 4, 2012 System changes

• Fixed problems which appeared in 1.65

1.65[6] April 3, 2012

Withdrawn System changes

• [Notification Alert] has been added to [settings], allowing users to toggle alerts on and off.
  • [After 10 Minutes] has been added to time options under [Power Save Settings].
  • An Arrow icon will now display when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea.
  • Caps Lock is now supported in the On Screen Keyboard.
  • Addition of installation progress bar for downloaded games and DLC.
  • minis with a pre-set expiry date (i.e. those obtained via PlayStation Plus) now load correctly.

Thank *********************** :p Was waiting on this.