Just brought a Transformer Prime! What now?

I decided to by a transformer to kinda replace my dying laptop. I have a Desire HD so i'm familiar with android but I have no idea about tablets.

What do you all recommend I should do to make the most of my new purchase???

What are the best tablet orientated apps?

Thanks in advance.

My must have apps on my xoom are as follows

Reddita (Reddit Viewer)

Google Chrome (unless you require flash for your browsing then you must use the standard browser)

Thumbkeyboard (makes typing on the large screen easier)

Columnar (tablet file manager)

DropBox

OnLive Desktop (Windows 7 Virtual Machine complete with Microsoft Office 2010)

those are just a few but you can see the idea. there is also a tablet section on the market that just has apps that have been optimized for tablets.

• Like 1

angry birds (:

best you can just check the market for best buy / best free apps , lots of office apps / music / browser , imho a good purchase , has a good battery life

1) Unlock Bootloader

2) Install my universal drivers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1426502)

3) Root it or flash the touch recovery and use a custom rom such as CM9 Nightly

4) Play mad games but I would recommend the ScummVM emulator and use some data files to play Full Throtle, Manic Mansion etc.

* If you do not own the games you can buy them digital just to copy them to the tablet (data files)

My must have apps on my xoom are as follows

Reddita (Reddit Viewer)

Google Chrome (unless you require flash for your browsing then you must use the standard browser)

Thumbkeyboard (makes typing on the large screen easier)

Columnar (tablet file manager)

DropBox

OnLive Desktop (Windows 7 Virtual Machine complete with Microsoft Office 2010)

those are just a few but you can see the idea. there is also a tablet section on the market that just has apps that have been optimized for tablets.

Chrome, Skype and Dropbox are going to be definates! Oooh. I didn't know about OnLive Desktop.

It already has a pretty good file manager and has a physical keyboard.

My first aim is to test out this 18hrs battery life!!

angry birds (:

best you can just check the market for best buy / best free apps , lots of office apps / music / browser , imho a good purchase , has a good battery life

Yup, Angry Birds, Where's my Water and the plethora of other games from my Desire HD are being automatically installed by the looks of things. :)

1) Unlock Bootloader

2) Install my universal drivers (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1426502)

3) Root it or flash the touch recovery and use a custom rom such as CM9 Nightly

4) Play mad games but I would recommend the ScummVM emulator and use some data files to play Full Throtle, Manic Mansion etc.

* If you do not own the games you can buy them digital just to copy them to the tablet (data files)

Won't be doing any of that to it (Or at least I don't plan to) But I will be sticking ALL my emulated games on here. :)