Wii U 'not at the same level as PS3, Xbox 360

wii-u

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

Posted 04 April 2012 - 20:37

Why would nintendo use a cpt screen when their Ds, DSI, and 3ds all use resistive touch screens? I can also post articles on the wii u that state its a resistive screen.

Also the samsung note uses a wacom specific digitizer which make the wii u tablet more expensive

#32 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 04 April 2012 - 21:00

Who cares if you can do cool stuff in conjunction with the Vita? That must be the most expensive console controller in history.

People who've bought it as a gaming device, which it is, not a controller :rolleyes:

Will be a bit disappointed if Nintendo after all the money they've made on the Wii gimp out on the hardware of the Wii U - It may be what's 'required' though when you throw in a mandatory tablet controller.

#33 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 April 2012 - 22:26

Why would nintendo use a cpt screen when their Ds, DSI, and 3ds all use resistive touch screens? I can also post articles on the wii u that state its a resistive screen.

Also the samsung note uses a wacom specific digitizer which make the wii u tablet more expensive

Well the Wii-u controller is not a Tablet since in order for it to work you need to be within 30 ft or more of the console itself . but anyways i think the Wii-u is gonna give a great gaming experiance and i am looking forward to the day it is out

#34 BoredBozirini

BoredBozirini

Bozrini Tringuini

Posted 04 April 2012 - 23:53

Doomed to fail before it was even born.

#35 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2012 - 23:55

They're spot on about the varying control experiences though.

#36 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 04 April 2012 - 23:56

"don't count your chickens before they even hatch" comes to mind here

the Wii U may not do the greatest at first, but I don't see it failing by a long shot

#37 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

Posted 05 April 2012 - 00:02

I buy every Nintendo console. I just love their first party games and the pricetag of the system is nothing to me compared to the enjoyment i get out of their titles.
I always felt like I had more than enough PC games to keep me happy for my "hardcore" fix. Many great ps3 and 360 games were on pc also. The exclusives on ps3 and 360 were never enough to make me ever consider buying one of those consoles. Of course that would be different if I never was a PC gamer at heart.

There is no way this console will fail. Just look at the Wii. No think about how many wii user's are ready for an upgrade. Even if it doesn't do great in america and europe, it's jap sales will alone make it hugely succesfull.

#38 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:26

People like you said the same about the 3DS. And look how utterly wrong you were and how stupid you ended up looking.

#39 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:39

They said that about the Wii too, we know how that story ended....

The moral here? power isn't everything and don't just assume you know the outcome before it happens ;)

People like you said the same about the 3DS. And look how utterly wrong you were and how stupid you ended up looking.

Technically the 3DS did nearly fail, it wasn't till Nintendo drastically dropped the price that sales started to pick up. So granted it's far from a failure right now, but it wasn't a rosy beginning.

#40 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:23

Just like the DS, Wii and 3DS right? What a line of failures for nintendo.

#41 jmc15john

jmc15john

Mr. Hedgehog

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:48

Hoping Nintendo will finally die so I can play some super smash bros. on my xbox. They should just develop games like Sega does now.

#42 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:56

Interesting that of all the conflicting rumors of its power(and there's lots of them), we only decide to post one of the bad ones. Standard neowin, i guess.

Is your "start new topic" button broken? You're free to post positive Wii U stories. I guess you're also free to complain about the ones other people are posting too.

Who cares if you can do cool stuff in conjunction with the Vita? That must be the most expensive console controller in history.

You'd be right, if the Vita was sold solely as a controller.

Hoping Nintendo will finally die so I can play some super smash bros. on my xbox. They should just develop games like Sega does now.

Highly doubt this will happen. Nintendo is still very much in the hardware game.

#43 Twisp

Twisp

Neowinian

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:03

Console with good hardware + tablet controller = expensive

Mediocre console + tablet controller = cheap

Guess which option the mainstream crowd would pick?

#44 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 05 April 2012 - 14:31

Console with good hardware + tablet controller = expensive

Mediocre console + tablet controller = cheap

Guess which option the mainstream crowd would pick?

Keep in mind, it's not really a proper tablet considering all its graphics processing happens on the WiiU console itself, and is then just streamed over to the controllers (and hence why they're hesitant to let people use more than one of these new controllers at a time - more controllers means more processing power taken away that has to be spent to render each controller screen). So it's just a controller with a screen and a bigger battery :p

Well Wii never has been at the same level as the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of graphics.

The Wii maybe, but the WiiU is a different console :p That, and in the previous generation the Gamecube was ahead of the PS2 in the power department (and would have been the most powerful if Microsoft hadn't introduced the Xbox)

#45 Noxa12

Noxa12

Neowinian

Posted 08 April 2012 - 21:44

"don't count your chickens before they even hatch" comes to mind here

the Wii U may not do the greatest at first, but I don't see it failing by a long shot

I don't see it failing, but i don't consider it a major contender for the hardcore gamers like it's trying to claim. I think purely on the history of the Wii and it's market aims would steer aware the hardcore gaming market, until proving otherwise.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!