playstation plus question

ps3 plus money back play time

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 omarsoudani

omarsoudani

Neowinian

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:13

hello I was wondering if is it worth to subscribe to playstation plus? also, is it true that if you purchased anything while you're on plus account you can't play it after your account expires?

Thanks,

#2 Knightwolf20024

Knightwolf20024

Neowinian

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:15

is it true that if you purchased anything while you're on plus account you can't play it after your account expires?

i think it only happens with the free games and dlc you get , if you purchased something on discount with plus then its yours for ever.

#3 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:17

It's subjective whether its worth it or not. You get at least one free game every month, this month its Shank 2 and Shift 2 as well as PSP Minis, Themes, Wallpapers, discounts on games, full game trials, etc..

Any game you pay for you get to keep, any game that you get for free expires when your PS+ subscription expires.

#4 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:18

1) Yes, it is well worth it to go Plus. They give away free games all the time, and just as many discounts. For $50 a year, if you're vigilant, you can snatch up way more than $50 in free stuff per year.

2) If you purchase something at a discounted price, and then your Plus expires, you have to pay for it again at full price. For example, let's say that FooGame is for sale on the store for $19.99, but PS+ subscribers get it for $9.99. If your PS+ expires, you have to re-purchase it at the "everybody else" price of $19.99. However, if you renew your PS+ subscription, you regain access to all of the discounted content you already have.

#5 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:19

I am a PSN Plus subscriber, and I'm not a massive gamer, but I would still say that it's worth it. Trine 2 for free, plus loads of discounts and demos you can't get otherwise... can't really go wrong.

I don't play my PS3 that much these days game-wise, but I do switch it on every month or so to check what the new deals are, and if there's anything I'm interested in, I'll get it.

#6 Snake89

Snake89

Neowinian

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:26

I wish they would give u a choice between a free game or a movie.

#7 OP omarsoudani

omarsoudani

Neowinian

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:26

Any game you pay for you get to keep, any game that you get for free expires when your PS+ subscription expires.

2) If you purchase something at a discounted price, and then your Plus expires, you have to pay for it again at full price. For example, let's say that FooGame is for sale on the store for $19.99, but PS+ subscribers get it for $9.99. If your PS+ expires, you have to re-purchase it at the "everybody else" price of $19.99. However, if you renew your PS+ subscription, you regain access to all of the discounted content you already have.

which one is true?

#8 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:27

hello I was wondering if is it worth to subscribe to playstation plus? also, is it true that if you purchased anything while you're on plus account you can't play it after your account expires?

Thanks,

If you game/ buy games a lot then yes its worth the purchase.
you get about 3(not entirely sure) games free every month and they are playable until the subscription expires.
You can also purchase some games for discounted price and its playable even after the subscription ends.
In addition to that you get avatars and some early demo games.

#9 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:31

I dont think what you said is right..

#10 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:48

which one is true?

Mine is true, any game you buy at a discounted price is yours to keep.

#11 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 April 2012 - 16:00

I can see the confusion

"Free" (Costs $0) plus games you only if you stay a plus member.

Games purchased (where you spent money) where you get an additional discount for being a plus member, you keep, even if you stop plus membership.

#12 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 04 April 2012 - 16:02

As mentioned anything you PURCHASE at a price even if discounted, you keep once your subscription expires. You do not have to repurchase again.

I personally think it is more than worth the money and already have the funds in my wallet to resubscribe. Just holding off in case they do an Easter offer that I can take advantage of.

#13 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2012 - 16:04

which one is true?

TheLegendOfMart is right

#14 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 04 April 2012 - 16:07

Even forgetting about the games and discounts, you also then get cloud storage for save games and also automatic downloads of firmware and game patches as well.

#15 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 04 April 2012 - 21:06

I've never let mine expire, but according to the SOE EULA, if I understood it right, you'd have to re-pay for discounted games. Maybe that has changed, I haven't read it since I first got PS+.