montana mushrooms stupidity

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,575 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:15

LIVINGSTON, Mont. (AP) -- A 28-year-old Park County man who broke into a house while under the influence of mushrooms has been ordered to pay more than $10,000 in restitution and to spend the anniversary of the incident in jail each year for the next three years as a reminder of his "stupidity." :wacko:

District Judge Nels Swandal told Garrett Douglas Genescritti during Monday's sentencing that he was lucky he wasn't shot when he broke into a house in March 2011, took off his clothes, terrorized a family and crashed the family's pickup truck.

The Livingston Enterprise reports Genescritti pleaded guilty in January to felony burglary, criminal mischief and assault on a minor. He said he used mushrooms before the break-in.

Genescritti was given a five-year deferred sentence, must register as a violent offender and perform community service.

source

#2 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,474 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:21

I once had someone come up to my door holding a book and start talking about how there was this guy who died and came back to life 2000 years ago and how I should get to know him. Needless to say, this punishment for disturbing me would've been quite welcome!

#3 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:21

The snozberries taste like snozberries! :laugh:

#4 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,575 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:24

I once had someone come up to my door holding a book and start talking about how there was this guy who died and came back to life 2000 years ago and how I should get to know him.

Amazingly, 'He' returns in this 21st century, by 2075.

But not in the way Christians think.

Imagine that. ;)

#5 t_r_nelson

t_r_nelson

Neowinian Senior

• 2,112 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:32

I love creative punishments like this. I'd have given him a couple of days each year. One day seems more like a mere inconvenience.

#6 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,627 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:38

I once had someone come up to my door holding a book and start talking about how there was this guy who died and came back to life 2000 years ago and how I should get to know him. Needless to say, this punishment for disturbing me would've been quite welcome!

If proselytizing was a crime I'd think every human would be guilty. Hey, you're doing it now!

#7 Salutary7

Salutary7

Neowinian

• 459 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:42

That sounds more like PCP than shrooms.

#8 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,474 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:47

If proselytizing was a crime I'd think every human would be guilty. Hey, you're doing it now!

I think you missed the joke.

#9 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,627 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:58

I think you missed the joke.

Perhaps I just didn't think it was funny.

#10 Cheatyface

Cheatyface

Did I cheat? No. ....Yes.

• 592 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 20:24

Perhaps I just didn't think it was funny.

Perhaps you need to grow a sense of humor.

#11 jnelsoninjax

jnelsoninjax

A custom title? Cool!

• 7,686 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:05

LIVINGSTON, Mont. -- A 28-year-old Park County man who broke into a house while under the influence of mushrooms has been ordered to pay more than $10,000 in restitution and to spend the anniversary of the incident in jail each year for the next three years as a reminder of his "stupidity."

District Judge Nels Swandal told Garrett Douglas Genescritti during Monday's sentencing that he was lucky he wasn't shot when he broke into a house in March 2011, took off his clothes, terrorized a family and crashed the family's pickup truck.

The Livingston Enterprise reports Genescritti pleaded guilty in January to felony burglary, criminal mischief and assault on a minor. He said he used mushrooms before the break-in.

Genescritti was given a five-year deferred sentence, must register as a violent offender and perform community service.
Source

#12 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 4,008 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:24

sounds more like he was sentenced for "felony burglary, criminal mischief and assault on a minor" and not stupidity. (but yes the act was stupid for sure)

#13 Co_Co

Co_Co

g status

• 6,336 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:38

can you actually sentence someone to repeated jailing?

#14 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 9,002 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:30

I guess so. Isn't there such a thing as weekend detention and stuff like that?

#15 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,097 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 13:49

Yes. Judges can get pretty creative with what's called "Alternative Sentencing." Sometimes it's cringe inducing and other times it's hilarious. There's a judge in a circuit court near here where people go to court just to see what he'll come up with next.

A judge once sentenced a kid who put his car deep into our front yard to helping plant a tree in front of our daughters bedroom (which he almost hit) and to cut our yard for a 3 months. If he missed a date - off to the pokey for. 30 days.