Could this be the Samsung Galaxy SIII?

There's still a crowd that prefer some aspects of the GS2 to te Nexus for various reasons. It's an astounding piece of hardware, and my opinion is that it wasn't actually hyped all that much.

The GS2 was legit, which is why it didn't need to be hyped. The SG3 is simply ahead of its time. There is no need for quadcore processors in a phone, especially when there are no apps that can take advantage of it and if there is a large impact on battery life.

For those who currently own a GS2, like myself, it is a very well-rounded phone for all purposes. But, the hassle of dealing with delays in Android releases is just not worth it. I'm making the switch to the Gnex for this sole release, because I want to be able to use this phone for a few years.

It seems ICS has a lot of issues, otherwise why wouldn't wireless companies install it on their newly released phones? Think about it. There must be a reason. It seems Android Gingerbread is the #1 Android choice of wireless carriers. ICS has been out for months and no one seems to care for it.

No, besides making sure it works with the phone itself each manufacture then has to add it's own thing on top of it and then the Carrier needs to make its own changes and then the carrier needs to roll it out. The only thing google can be blamed for is not putting more pressure on these companies to update faster.

If you have tried any of the ICS releases from Samsung so far, they are buggy as heck. It's been 4 months since ICS code was released and we still don't have a decent update for the GS2. Every week or so there is a new base rom release from Samsung with a couple of bugs fixed, but it's far from providing the stability and performance as Gingerbread.

From my understanding and what my friend has told me about his Nexus experience so far, pure vanilla ICS is just phenomenal and is how it should be on every device. OEMs are solely to blame for all the crap they put on the phone that screws up and creating bugs that shouldn't be there in the first place.

If you have tried any of the ICS releases from Samsung so far, they are buggy as heck. It's been 4 months since ICS code was released and we still don't have a decent update for the GS2. Every week or so there is a new base rom release from Samsung with a couple of bugs fixed, but it's far from providing the stability and performance as Gingerbread.

From my understanding and what my friend has told me about his Nexus experience so far, pure vanilla ICS is just phenomenal and is how it should be on every device. OEMs are solely to blame for all the crap they put on the phone that screws up and creating bugs that shouldn't be there in the first place.

I know rooting isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's so easy to do and the benefits are brilliant. I installed a stock ICS ROM and it's incredibly stable. I now have an AOKP ROM running Android 4.0.4. It's a lot faster than Touchwiz and has none of the bloat :)

I know rooting isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Tell me about it, my S1 battery life is just shockingly bad and heard that chucking in a custom rom would be an ideal fix, but it's just the effort of messing around with it that puts me off.

Tell me about it, my S1 battery life is just shockingly bad and heard that chucking in a custom rom would be an ideal fix, but it's just the effort of messing around with it that puts me off.

Even then, it doesn't give you a respectable time

• 2 weeks later...

Even then, it doesn't give you a respectable time

I've gotten just over 3 days on one charge with my SGS (Captivate). Granted it's a custom stock ROM...

Being that this phone is almost two years old with the original battery and two days of battery life being average, I'd have to say that's not too damn bad.

The GS2 was legit, which is why it didn't need to be hyped. The SG3 is simply ahead of its time. There is no need for quadcore processors in a phone, especially when there are no apps that can take advantage of it and if there is a large impact on battery life.

For those who currently own a GS2, like myself, it is a very well-rounded phone for all purposes. But, the hassle of dealing with delays in Android releases is just not worth it. I'm making the switch to the Gnex for this sole release, because I want to be able to use this phone for a few years.

Those bugs would probably be related to TouchWiz rather than ICS itself. I have stock ICS on my Galaxy Nexus and it has very few bugs that I can find.