• Tech Issues Solved: 22
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 05 April 2012 - 23:28

Moved to Android

#18 zeta_immersion

zeta_immersion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 April 2012 - 00:35

I love my SG2 ... wife has the 4 and I can safely say I can easily convert her ... mind you I feel lost I the 4 and limited and at times hate the SG2 for being an ass with software and some glitches ... but I like it ... would not get an iPhone or windows for that matter however, would respect them for what they are, great alternatives for different people/lifestyles

#19 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:12

Won't the S3 be running ICS from the start? If so, is there a need for the physical buttons on the bottom?

It seems ICS has a lot of issues, otherwise why wouldn't wireless companies install it on their newly released phones? Think about it. There must be a reason. It seems Android Gingerbread is the #1 Android choice of wireless carriers. ICS has been out for months and no one seems to care for it.

#20 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:06

Looks like it

Posted Image

In the link below, it seems kinda fakish with black bumper.
Source

That image seems legit.. it is an official invite from Samsung as confirmed here

http://www.themobile...es-device-image

#21 capr

capr

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:47

If it didn't it'd be suicidal to release it with Gingerbread. But it's a pity they didn't remove the bezel entirely in my opinion.

amen to that. I want the whole thing to just be a beautiful screen!.

#22 Noxa12

Noxa12

Neowinian

Posted 06 April 2012 - 18:48

Still using the S1, i don't see a reason to upgrade yet.

#23 Ently

Ently

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 April 2012 - 19:34

My favourite rumoured SGS3 is still this
Posted Image

Which is from http://crave.cnet.co...-deal-50007361/

#24 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:47

It seems ICS has a lot of issues, otherwise why wouldn't wireless companies install it on their newly released phones? Think about it. There must be a reason. It seems Android Gingerbread is the #1 Android choice of wireless carriers. ICS has been out for months and no one seems to care for it.

No, besides making sure it works with the phone itself each manufacture then has to add it's own thing on top of it and then the Carrier needs to make its own changes and then the carrier needs to roll it out. The only thing google can be blamed for is not putting more pressure on these companies to update faster.

#25 zeta_immersion

zeta_immersion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:03

No, besides making sure it works with the phone itself each manufacture then has to add it's own thing on top of it and then the Carrier needs to make its own changes and then the carrier needs to roll it out. The only thing google can be blamed for is not putting more pressure on these companies to update faster.

and you also have options just like iPhones ... by either rooting/jailbreaking or having it unlocked (bought from factory) .... it all depends on each individual user ...

the more savvy you are the more you will experiment and figure out what best works for you ... some only need iPhone for the carrier some want more and tierh go back or switch to windows or android ... or back to pre-smartphone era

#26 BetaAddict

BetaAddict

Uncomplicating the complicated

• Phone: MotoX, Nexus 7, Android 4.4

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:10

There's still a crowd that prefer some aspects of the GS2 to te Nexus for various reasons. It's an astounding piece of hardware, and my opinion is that it wasn't actually hyped all that much.

The GS2 was legit, which is why it didn't need to be hyped. The SG3 is simply ahead of its time. There is no need for quadcore processors in a phone, especially when there are no apps that can take advantage of it and if there is a large impact on battery life.

For those who currently own a GS2, like myself, it is a very well-rounded phone for all purposes. But, the hassle of dealing with delays in Android releases is just not worth it. I'm making the switch to the Gnex for this sole release, because I want to be able to use this phone for a few years.

If you have tried any of the ICS releases from Samsung so far, they are buggy as heck. It's been 4 months since ICS code was released and we still don't have a decent update for the GS2. Every week or so there is a new base rom release from Samsung with a couple of bugs fixed, but it's far from providing the stability and performance as Gingerbread.

From my understanding and what my friend has told me about his Nexus experience so far, pure vanilla ICS is just phenomenal and is how it should be on every device. OEMs are solely to blame for all the crap they put on the phone that screws up and creating bugs that shouldn't be there in the first place.

#27 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:44

If you have tried any of the ICS releases from Samsung so far, they are buggy as heck. It's been 4 months since ICS code was released and we still don't have a decent update for the GS2. Every week or so there is a new base rom release from Samsung with a couple of bugs fixed, but it's far from providing the stability and performance as Gingerbread.

From my understanding and what my friend has told me about his Nexus experience so far, pure vanilla ICS is just phenomenal and is how it should be on every device. OEMs are solely to blame for all the crap they put on the phone that screws up and creating bugs that shouldn't be there in the first place.

I know rooting isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's so easy to do and the benefits are brilliant. I installed a stock ICS ROM and it's incredibly stable. I now have an AOKP ROM running Android 4.0.4. It's a lot faster than Touchwiz and has none of the bloat :)

#28 Noxa12

Noxa12

Neowinian

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:52

I know rooting isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Tell me about it, my S1 battery life is just shockingly bad and heard that chucking in a custom rom would be an ideal fix, but it's just the effort of messing around with it that puts me off.

#29 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 09 April 2012 - 13:37

Tell me about it, my S1 battery life is just shockingly bad and heard that chucking in a custom rom would be an ideal fix, but it's just the effort of messing around with it that puts me off.

Even then, it doesn't give you a respectable time

#30 TheElite

TheElite

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 April 2012 - 13:47

Even then, it doesn't give you a respectable time

My S1 easily lasts two days. And with the amount that I use it, I find that acceptable.