What puts you to sleep?

TV on any rubbish channel (DIY network, food network etc) + sleep timer.

Some nights, it gets worse, and all I can think about, is what is wrong with me. But it seems that there are no answers. Atleast I don't have them

Psychological therapy might be of help. When you hit the "I just don't know" wall, usually a 3rd party hits the nail.

Headphones, listening to Private Investigations by Dire Straits

Xanax.

Anxiety + Depression usually = a script for a small dosage, and it does the trick just loverly.

Psychological therapy might be of help. When you hit the "I just don't know" wall, usually a 3rd party hits the nail.

Great when you can afford it.

As for me I can afford diphenhydramine, and it works.

So, what puts you to sleep?

As for me, I don't sleep much, only get 5, at max, hours of sleep in 24 hours.

Too much anxiety and depression, it is, for me.

What about you?

I tried all the normal over the counter sleep aids and NONE of them worked at all. All they did was make me feel sick and light headed. Friend have me some ambien and that was the only thing that would put my to sleep. After taking an ambien, I was asleep in 10 minutes.

I went 3 days once with 2hrs of sleep and it wasnt solid sleep. I am doing ok now, but still have problems.

Tried it all. Reading, writing, talking.... everything. It just doesn't work. It used to, earlier, but not anymore

Tried that to, doesnt work with me either. Tried warm milk, counting...nothing.

Whatever you do, stay off prescription drugs. They f* a man up. They say it will help until the underlying problem for all that anxiety and depression gets solved. But it never does get solved, of course, and then one can't easily get off drugs either.

They will only mess you up if you dont use the drugs correctly. When I used ambien, i had no problem going off of it and it didnt mess me up. I always woke up refreshed and non groggy and I got a solid 8+hrs of sleep. Now, ambien can cause hallucinations if you take to much or try to stay awake, but I never experienced it. I only took 1/2 a pill each time but I always tried to fall asleep on my own first.

Physical exhaustion is the only thing that can put me to sleep at night. For some reason, I operate better at night (especially when doing math-intensive work). It's probably just adaption to the environment I live in ( I have a large family and can only find peace and quiet at night).

Once, i went 4 days with 0 sleep. I started having hallucinations - both visual and auditory. I felt like a walking zombie, with a spinning head that couldn't focus on anything. It was really, really bad. What got me back to sleep was jogging long distance during the day and taking a melatonin pill before bed.

• Like 1

Once, i went 4 days with 0 sleep. I started having hallucinations - both visual and auditory. I felt like a walking zombie, with a spinning head that couldn't focus on anything. It was really, really bad. What got me back to sleep was jogging long distance during the day and taking a melatonin pill before bed.

**** I wanna try this so bad now. Sounds awesome really.

I don't think it is going to work. Highly doubt it

I tried all the normal over the counter sleep aids and NONE of them worked at all. All they did was make me feel sick and light headed. Friend have me some ambien and that was the only thing that would put my to sleep. After taking an ambien, I was asleep in 10 minutes.

I went 3 days once with 2hrs of sleep and it wasnt solid sleep. I am doing ok now, but still have problems.

The problem with these things, is that if you fell for them, once, it becomes increasingly difficult to get them out of the life. You just have rely on them a lot, which is what I don't want.

Physical exhaustion is the only thing that can put me to sleep at night. For some reason, I operate better at night (especially when doing math-intensive work). It's probably just adaption to the environment I live in ( I have a large family and can only find peace and quiet at night).

Oh yes, definitely. I'm completely out of it during the morning and early afternoon hours, and usually snap into focus by late evening.

Always screwy though. Whenever you're supposed to be awake, you're damn tired. Then when you're supposed to sleep, insomnia kicks in.

I don't think it is going to work. Highly doubt it

I've tried it. Spent 4 weeks in the "nuthouse", easy wing, voluntarily. Had a couple of talks with psychologists who nearly convinced me I'm a Jedi. Well, they were talking about the Force inside me, so...

On the paper it was said I got better, good prognosis, too. And why not? Everything there is still fully state-sponsored (which is a wonder if you know the country I'm from), so it didn't cost me anything more than getting there and getting back. I had little to do other than taking walks in the "Sunnyside" park, and it was sunny most days, too. Isolated from the world - things like TV, radio or internets was generally not available. And other people didn't bother me, kind of blended into the background. Effin' Paradise, except for the girls. Which is probably a good thing, plenty of psycho girls running around as it is.

But even a Paradise becomes boring after a while and so it did. And I'm still not a Jedi.